Spoiler whore's thread! (enter at your own risk)

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Caprica_Six, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

Re: Who would have thought....

Spoilers from midseason finale at TVGuide.com

Eye of Jupiter

EPISODE 10: THE EYE OF JUPITER
    WRITTEN BY: Mark Verheiden
    DIRECTED BY: Michael Rymer
    Logline: The possible discovery of the Eye of Jupiter on the algae planet leads to a deadly stand-off, as the Cylons and humans risk all for a chance to find the way to Earth.

While working on the algae planet, Tyrol (Aaron Douglas) discovers the Temple of Five, reputed to be the home of the Eye of Jupiter, which will guide the ones who discover it to Earth. His report is intercepted by the Cylons, who request a meeting with Adama (Edward James Olmos) and Laura (Mary McDonnell). Their proposal: let us have the Eye and we will let you leave unharmed. Adama's counter-proposal: make any move to take the Eye and we'll nuke the planet.

The Cylons bring another piece of news: Sharon (Grace Park) and Tyrol's (Tahmoh Penikett) baby is alive, but not well. Sharon is initially skeptical, but when Adama confirms that Laura hid the baby at her school, she and Tyrol being to make plans to rescue her.

As the standoff continues, tensions rise in both camps. On the Cylon baseship, D'Anna's (Lucy Lawless) sense that she and Baltar (James Callis) share a destiny that might not include the others sows dissension, while on the algae planet, efforts to protect the Eye are complicated by Lee's simmering affair with Kara (Katee Sackhoff), especially since Lee (Jamie Bamber) is counting on Anders (Michael Trucco), Kara's husband, to rally the civilians to the cause. Then the Cylons launch a flight of raiders, bound for the algae planet, forcing Adama to show he's not bluffing.

The plot line with Hera sounds good, but I guess Lee really does need a house to fall on him to get a clue, huh? Let Tyrol be the young male lead. Let Helo. Let Anders or Gaeta. Please.

2. witchie

witchie Commodore Commodore

But Dorian, it's twu luv. Don't you get how special this "simmering affair" is? Dee and Sam should be happy to be bit players in it.

ITA, the Hera story is going to be good. I wonder if Adama knew beforehand about the deception or after the fact. Let's hope for a juicy confrontation between Sharon/Roslin.

3. Noname Given

Noname Given Vice Admiral Admiral

Can we PLEASE just have either Starbuck or Apollo killed outright once and for all, to put their (yet again) 'simmering relationship' out of it's misery? Nice to know the third in command (and former egasus commander) will risk the survival of the human race to 'win' a mental case slut who will sleep with anyone if her hormones are raging - so far it's been Baltar, Anders (who she basically blows off rigt after); Lee (who she blew off; but who is just a utter idiot when it comes to all this anayway), etc. Plus, right now, I could care less about EITHER character because they are both too stupid and emotinally screwed up to even be entertaining. If this is what RDM calls 'good character development' and 'good drama'; no wonder the ratings have been plummetting of late.

And if RDM's doing this much soap opera type drame for Battlestar Galactica and (from all reports) wants to make Caprica EVEN MORE soap-operaish; I hope Bonnie Hammer has enough sense to can Caprica while it's in pre-production (or just take the pilot script, turn it into one of their schlok Saturday afternoon movies and be done with it).

4. Joisey

Joisey Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

TV Guide says the main story arc for Season 3 will be the two camps, Colonial and Cylon, competing with each other to uncover clues in a race to find Earth first.

This is a departure of sorts from what we've had so far---Cylons hunting Colonials, Colonials running.

Sounds like CBS's Amazing Race Goes to the Stars

5. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

The Battlestar Wiki page had a blurb from an interview Katee did that says she may be leaving the series at the end of the season. Not sure if it's true or not (it is a Wiki afterall).

6. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

That should be interesting. I'm glad to see more about the search for Earth.

7. V

V Commodore Commodore

Ok, massive spoiler update from "around" 'cause I tend to know a lot of stuff:

big

spoilers

Yes, Katee Sackhoff's last appearance is in episode 16 "Maelstrom" (keep in mind that the season ends with "episode 19" as "episode 16" is really "episode 17" because they cound "Precipice" as "episode 1.5"

Anyway, it's not clear if Sackhoff is leaving the show entirely....or if they're toying with us.

That is, have her presumed dead then bring her back later.

Based on the writer's podcasts, the constant mentions that the Cylons feel Starbuck is "special" and "has a destiny" are so ingrained to the series that I don't think they'd casually remove her before this.

Meanwhile, in the upcoming Kat-centric episode "The Passage", we find out that Kat isn't really who she says she is: think about it, they're a refuge fleet. They don't have government records or official civilan records or whatever. Basically its something along the lines that Kat was actually a drug runner before the attack, and I think that "Louanne Katraine" is actually an assumed name. I mean they don't really have records of anyone's past so this seems plausible (Hot Dog, however, was a colonial academy washout and I think they would have records of that).

8. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Eye of Jupiter sounds awesome. :eek:

Probably in the minority here, though.

9. Peacemaker

Peacemaker Vice Admiral Admiral

"The Temple of Five"

Five Cylon models as yet unseen.

Five mysterious figures appeared @ D'Anna's "death."

Hmmm...

10. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ surely coinicidence...

:rolleyes:

11. flux_29

flux_29 Commodore Commodore

At HD5 there's more more new on Crossroads (the end-of-season two parter) about what happens to baltar and actor Mark Sheppard will star.

12. witchie

13. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

Oh wow. Kara cheats on that man? She and Lee are looking more and more like assholes as the series goes on. I noticed Dee and Gaeta were getting chummy tonight. Methinks Lee will find himself alone with no one to blame but himself.

14. witchie

It would be nice if the shoe was on the other foot for Apollo, but seeing as how RDM has neglected Dee's character in the past, I doubt he'd write this. But one could hope for better things (husband) for her.

15. Garak

Garak I Will Not Bow To Any Sponsor Premium Member

Well it's sorta been said above, but apparantly the death is:

Starbuck. But it's more of a RL contract issue than anything else, so there is some hope that it won't happen if things can get resolved. Personally I hope my source is wrong, but he hasn't been yet.

16. kipron

kipron Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^
    Yeah but how cool would it be if she were a Cylon? :drool:

17. Caprica_Six

Caprica_Six Admiral Admiral

She's not. She was told by the writers that she is the only one in the cast who has been guarranteed not to be one.
    I don't buy that they are killing her off because Katee said that the character wasn't going to die at a recent con. From spoilers it looks like she is lost for a time and assumed dead and it has something to do with Leoban.

18. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

That makes sense. Even if they're having real life contract issues "assumed dead" would keep the door open for her to come back.

19. nevermore

nevermore Admiral Admiral

Thanks. That's what I thought it was. I'm pretty sure it's already been shot, hasn't it? I doubt that it will be as permanent as certain death. It seems like it's a set-up for some sort of "Return of Starbuck" thing. Wasn't that in the Original Series or something?

20. The Evil Dead

The Evil Dead Vice Admiral Admiral

^
    Yeah, "Return of Starbuck" is supposed to be the only good episode of Galactica 1980 or something.