Spoiler whore's thread! (enter at your own risk)

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Caprica_Six, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Peacemaker

Peacemaker Vice Admiral Admiral

Re: Spoiler whore's thread! (enter at your own ris

OMG, Baltar is president?!

2. kipron

kipron Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Cool...all those makeshift tents remind me of Carnivale! :D

3. flux_29

flux_29 Commodore Commodore

does anyone here know about the spoiler going round skiffy, that in season 3 the fleet's getting another colonial warship?

4. Stag

Stag Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

While I think it is kind of cool in a fanboy way, it gets a bit ridiculous as the fleet gets further and further away from their 'home' space and into the unknown.

5. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

I don't know about another warship, but in the belated podcast for Captain's Hand, Moore said that the Pegasus would stick around into season three with Lee in command.

6. The Evil Dead

The Evil Dead Vice Admiral Admiral

So... can any spoiler whore's tell me how season 2 ends yet?! I'm dying to know! :mad:

I'm pretty sure we knew that guy, what's his name, got shot at the end of Kobol's Last Gleaming Part II a couple of weeks before it aired.

7. V

V Commodore Commodore

That's not "a rumor" that was ONE weirdo who said that, and by blind luck he was one of the posts you saw.

Indeed, the very first reply to him was by none other than the despotic leader of the messageboard, The Merovingian, who pointed out that the poster made it up...and then the poster admited that he was joking.

8. FluffyUnbound

FluffyUnbound Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

What's everyone's opinion on the

President Baltar thing?

9. flux_29

flux_29 Commodore Commodore

so
    so balter is president, roslin a teacher and a camp on the 'hidden world'. it certainly look like its been months since pt 1, or ists a better future flash from brother cavil.

10. Peacemaker

Peacemaker Vice Admiral Admiral

IMO,

This will provide time for the rise of a Cylon resistance since Downloaded. Either in Part 2 or early next year, Reborn Boomer or Reborn Six will make their way to the new world and inform the humans about Baltar's duplicity.

11. Teek

Teek Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I like the sound of these spoilers. Nice change of pace and a smart way to break up the monotony of constantly being on the run. Comes off as real to the story and characters for them to take the opportunity and settle down if the chance comes. I honestly wish they had played up the chance to either settle or take advantage of Kobol's resources more.

12. Hobs202

Hobs202 Commodore Commodore

^ Yeah, well remember - Kobol is a "cursed" planet.

13. Teek

Teek Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'm aware of that, mainly I had hoped for someone to even bring up settlement there, or at least the utilization of its resources. Did any game survive on the planet? They made a big deal about that meat locker on that ship having some of the last beef in the galaxy. Maybe there were some Kobol cows they could have captured and bred. ;)

14. Hobs202

I'm not quite sure about the "six months" thing. That's a little too long, IMO. I'm guessing maybe two or three months.

15. Hobs202

Adama wanted to consider permanent settlement in KLG Part I.

The only animals seen/heard on the planet are birds - sorry, not cows. ;)

16. spocklives

spocklives Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Six months sound perfect actually. What's cool is that the jump forward in time will not happen in Pt.1 but in Pt.2 (since the preview for Pt.1 shows that it happens pretty much now ).
    So when Pt.2 rolls by; Baltar is President for awhile now, Roslin adjusted to not being a president by now, The Colonials had time to settle on the planet by now.

I'm willing to bet real money the Cylon peace offer only comes up in Pt.2 (and the 1st part is dedicated to the election storyline).

17. Hobs202

^ This is starting to sound a bit like that that Sg1 Episode "2010" without the time travel. The Colonists have settled down on their little "not-Earth" planet and have made "peace" with the Cylons. Balter is now the president, and Roslin is a school teacher again. Some fleet officers have "retired"/are layed off due to the "peace" with the Cylons. Then just as things are started to look nice, Starbuck discovers the Cylons have buried a nuke under the colony. Or something like that...

18. David85

David85 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Frankly I think this idea is ridiculous.

We went in season one one day at a time. The season two did it slow the first half, it was good. The second half jumped around without a clue. Then all of a sudden they will jump six months into the future. Just skip over the presidental elections which I think are a little more important than just a 2-3 episode thing. And change everything? Why didn't they have a bigger lead up to the settling?

Plus why do I have a feeling it will start "6 months later" but down the road they will go "59 days earlier" that was one of my biggest complaints about the 3-4 bad episodes.

I like change when it's not just thrown at us.

19. UlricK

UlricK Lieutenant Red Shirt

The spoilers that I have read states that a group of colonials are trapped in a planet's surface at the mercy of the cylons. The cylons make their peace offer starting a referendum. Roslin works with Zarek to shoot down the cylon proposal in the upcoming referendum. RDM has said that Apollo will shine on this one. And it ends in one huge kickass cliffhanger that will make KLG2 pale by comparison.

20. spocklives

spocklives Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

^Wow, seriously? make KLG2 pale? that's asking for alot...