Spoiler whore's thread! (enter at your own risk)

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Caprica_Six, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Trubinator

Trubinator Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Re: Spoiler whore's thread! (enter at your own ris

I'd hang in there if I were you. K/L is honestly the most stable ship on the show at present, so it hasn't been scrapped. Just don't expect total roses and happiness.

2. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

Well, if you listen to Katee's interview with TV Guide she sounded like it was finished. It was all Anders, Anders, Anders with her. Anders and "just because you love someone doesn't mean you're good for them" in reference to Apollo's character. Then she talked of "letting him be with Dee" and then she went on about Michael Trucco again and how she campaigned to get him on the show. Listening to Katee, you'd think the sun rose and set on Michael Trucco. :rolleyes:

3. nevermore

nevermore Admiral Admiral

^He's only coming back for a couple of eps. At least I hope so. He's just so...BLAND. I get bored just looking at him. :rolleyes:

4. Dorian Thompson

True, I lean towards the Lee/Dee side of the force, but I'm not that thrilled with Trucco either. I'm just saying that you'd think Trucco was an Edward Norton caliber actor from the way Katee raves about him in that interview and campaigned for him to get back on the show. You can tell she really thinks his character is great for Starbuck. When asked about Starbuck and Lee, she sounds (IMO) pretty unenthusiastic, like she's just trying to be polite. Then she changes the subject. Her voice just lights up when she talks about Michael Trucco, though. :wtf: Ouch.

5. nevermore

nevermore Admiral Admiral

Yeah, see this is what I don't get. :wtf: What exactly does she see in the character, actor or relationship, beacuse I got nothing from it at all. I saw the whole thing as monumentally boring and arbitrary. Not to mention rather cliched.

Ah well, things will play out as they will. Fortunately, there is enough to this show that if you find one part distaseful or dull, you can just concentrate on any of a number of other fun and fantastic things. :thumbsup:

6. Trubinator

Katee's just an actor. Yes, the actors have a tremenous amount of input on the show, but they don't drive it. I'm maintaining my position simply because the Starpollo ship seems to be the one everyone has been promoting since the miniseries.

Sackhoff tends to bounce in various directions depending on the week, so I dunno what she really feels. Her aside, everyone from the producers to the network to Bamber seem to envision them as eventual partners in some fashion. I could be wrong, but that's just what I see happening. Oh, and just so we're clear, I don't want this to degrade into a petty shipper debate. This is a discussion based strictly on the future of the show, so I'm not into dragging up quotes and analyzing to try and make the other convert.

Regarding your bit about the show being well rounded Flaming Liberal: I agree completely. BSG is nearly perfect in every sense of that word...at least it is to me. My only issue with it so far is the way everyone is now dressed in makeup. Last season they seemed like real people, but now they just look and feel like actors. Just look at the lighting and the amount of touch up they've been given. I want that ditched immediately.

7. Caprica_Six

Caprica_Six Admiral Admiral

As someone who very much observes these sorts of things I have to say I disagree. If anything it's been more rough this season. For a good portion of the season we have had people on Kobol and Caprica not looking their best. Kara is terminally scruffy or greasy :lol: Not that there is anything wrong with that it suits her ;) Laura seems to have given up on doing the Charlies Angel hair do and she seems to be sticking with the brush it and leave it approach.

Besides even if they did have a few occassions where they would where a bit more make up I don't get the issue. What woman isn't going to pack make up on a space flight?

Have you seen how many nail polishes Laura had on her bedside table? there were at least 5 or 6 there and she was only going to the Big G for a day :lol:

8. UlricK

UlricK Lieutenant Red Shirt

And she packed what 3 suits? for a 10 hour long trip with a 2 hour layover (the decommissioning ceremony)?

9. Caprica_Six

Caprica_Six Admiral Admiral

She's a woman after my own heart :D
    I have an embarressing amount of shoes, handbags, clothes etc. :o

10. Hobs202

Hobs202 Commodore Commodore

On the subject of the whole Lee/Kara relationship: My impression is that it's going to be one of those wacky type of things that bounces up and down all the time. Some people are comparing Lee/Kara to John/Aeryn (haven't seen very many Farscape eps. so no opinion there). I don't think the writers are just going to drop this issue anytime soon.

And as for the Lee/Dee thing... I have a feeling it's going to meet a Harry/ChoChang type ending. :evil:

11. Dorian Thompson

People compare Lee and Kara to Jon and Aeryn??? :vulcan: :wtf: Definitely not a comparison I would make. More like Jon and D'argo for the friendship. :lol:

12. Ysrith

Ysrith Cadet Newbie

There is a new interview with Katee Sackhoff over at Now Playing Mag.

In it she mentions that Kara will remain as CAG on the Pegasus for the rest of the season, and that she will also return to Caprica, where the love of her life, or one of them anyway, is waiting for her. So looks like we are getting more Kara/Anders.

There is also a nex SFX out here in the UK with interviews with David Eick and the rest of the cast. Hopefully I can pick it up tomorrow. If there is any new in there, I will post them over here as well.

13. Dorian Thompson

Thanks for the heads up. :cool: The love of her life, huh? Yeah, Katee is real high on that Anders business, isn't she? The Lee/Kara shippers aren't going to like that, but they'd better get used to it I suppose.

14. kipron

kipron Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Is there any word yet on who Six met with on Caprica (back in the miniseries)? Is it true that this will be revealed in Epiphanies?

Personally, my money's on <span class="spoiler"><font class="small">Spoiler:</font><hr /><span>Billy</span><hr /></span>. Am I right? :D

15. Hobs202

Hobs202 Commodore Commodore

Until "the lover of her life" meets a horrible and painful death. :evil: I'm not wishing this; I just know it's kind of inevitable the way BSG works that Anders is gonna bite the dust. :lol:

I would much rather see a bumpy, wacky relationship like Lee/Kara than a smooth, unflawed Kara/Anders. Wacky, unstable relationships are just more fun. Anyway, RDM has said multiple times that the Lee/Kara issue would always "dance in and out of the show."

Personally, I would take all that stuff about "closing the door" with a grain of salt. Didn't EJO say before Season 2 that Adama would probably "never, ever, ever forgive Roslin."

Besides, Katee never said the door was locked; only closed. ;) :p

16. Peacemaker

Peacemaker Vice Admiral Admiral

Actually, I think it was Baltar. There's a pic @ emedian.net that shows Six making out with Baltar in public. Methinks Roslin saw them together and will remember this. She will then use this as leverage on Baltar.

17. kipron

kipron Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That would certainly be an interesting development, but it definately is NOT Baltar. If you watch the scene again, you'll notice that Six meets whoever-it-is while Baltar is walking in the completely opposite direction! :eek:

(Unless there's more than one Baltar.)

Remember, we still don't know who put the EMP generator aboard Colonial One in the miniseries. I suppose Doral could have put it there, but since we already know he's a Cylon, where's the fun in that? My theory is that there was *another* Cylon aboard Colonial One that we didn't know about. Billy makes sense, as we know he was also on Caprica, and hence could've met with Six before leaving.

Are you convinced yet? :D

Back, and to the left...

back, and to the left...

18. Dorian Thompson

I'd love it if Billy were a cylon. Yeah, Baltar was walking away and Six said something like, "I've been waiting for you."

19. Trubinator

Sackhoff's pretty much a basket case when it comes to tv production and decent writing. That's certainly nothing new to me. I just wish there was some way to exclude her from having input in the decision making process. She's a great actress, but having her whispering into RDM's ear is fucking the show up a little too much.

20. frankncc72405a

frankncc72405a Captain Captain

So there was a second spitter! :eek:
    <Note: the above is an obscure Seinfeld/JFK reference, don't worry if you did not get it. ;))

Back on Topic: I think it would be great to find out something about Billy but alas, I think not. More than likely it will be someone we never suspected...its just RDM's way...