Spoiler whore's thread! (enter at your own risk)

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Caprica_Six, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Komet155

Komet155 Commodore Commodore

Re: Spoiler whore's thread! (enter at your own ris

IMHO, the unresolved sexual tension between Lee and Kara is mainly symptomatic of two things: they have a great love for each other, primarily in a sibling sort of way. Like it or not, they're now basically family, brother and sister with Commander Adama as their father. It's a familial triangle. So, this deep fondness they have for each other coupled with both of them being in desperate need of good, prolonged shaggings has made them mistakenly think that their gettin' familiar in the biblical (or is it scrollical in the BSG universe?) sense would complete them. It wouldnt. At least I dont think so. Kara needs someone who would/could keep challenging her, someone like Anders. Lee needs, well, I dont know what kind of woman he needs....but I wouldnt throw Anastasia Dualla out of bed for eating crackers, I tell you what. :-)

2. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

Apparently you and TPTB are of a like mind according to Katee's interview clip. :lol: Can you imagine being some poor dumb slob writer stuck with the task of trying to write a story where Lee throws the incomparably lovely (and crazy about him) Anastasia Dualla over for Kara, who frakked Lee's brother, Baltar, and Anders instead of Lee even though she had ample chance? Lee would look like the biggest dumbass who ever lived.

As much as I thought the actor was lacking, Anders is a better match for Kara personality wise. If Connor Trinneer played Anders he'd have worked perfectly as a character. Dee is a better match for Lee. Lee and Kara are pseudo siblings.

3. Komet155

Komet155 Commodore Commodore

^^^ they are (pseudo-siblings), indeed.

4. Caprica_Six

Caprica_Six Admiral Admiral

More spoilers...

"Sharon will definitely give birth to a cylon-human hybrid before the season ends."

- That is according to the link below, be careful though as there are spoilers for other shows on that link as well
    LINK

- It also seems there is going to be an election, check out the prop link below
    LINK

5. Dorian Thompson

Holy Schmoly! More spoilers from thesecretcylon live journal community, courtesty of a poster called Indy535. Some excerpts from an interview with Jamie Bamber just posted there.

-------------------------------------
    Bamber: Apollo finally gets together with a certain someone on the show who he's had sort of an on and off relationship with for a while. Funnily enough, for the past few weeks, my character has suddenly had reason to kiss every woman under the sun, which has been a little crazy, but also rather fun....

....There's been a bit more back story on Apollo. He's had some encounters that either should or should not have happened, and as a result we're seeing a clearer picture of who this guy is because he's experienced some fairly gruelling moments that have slightly rattled him.....

From Black Market--
    Bamber: We found out that Lee went through a very painful break-up just before the mini-series started. His girlfriend and fiancee told him she was pregnant and my character reacts badly because he never wanted to have children. She stormed off and then the end of the world happened with the Cylons attacking. Lee has been carrying the guilt around with him ever since and it's been a part of everything we've seen him do on the show. In Balck Market he transfers this guilt to someone else and tries to make amends for what he did through this other person....

We knew that Kara was responsible for Lee getting shot in that episode [in Sacrifice], but there's a major reveal as to why it happened.

Bamber: Starbuck is a little drunk and she gets involved, and then someone tries to be a hero and the situation goes from bad to worse....
    --------------------------------------------

Okay, we've established that Moore isn't afraid to tarnish his characters. :eek: :D Good stuff, huh? So, how would Lee have reacted had armageddon not conveniently occurred right after his fianceƩ told him she was pregnant? Adds some realism and a nice wrinkle to his over the top pissy behavior the first time he saw dad--and the way he acted with the chief the very first time for that matter when you think about it. Adds a little depth to that look of thankful, joyous despair that came over Apollo's face when his father embraced him the first time. Bamber's eyes were strikingly emotional; he'd looked at a picture of his mother with him and Zack as a child on his father's deak......I can believe that all this guilt was swimming around in his head, guilt compounded the more love he felt for his own father.

Are they saying that Starbuck was drunk on duty and that contributes to her shooting Lee accidentally when he's held hostage? :eek: :eek: :eek: That isn't going to endear her to anyone, least of all Papa Adama if he finds out.

6. Trubinator

Trubinator Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Starbuck's always been fucked up, but if she really does you-know-what to you-know-who, there's really no reason to keep her around. I like her character, but if I were the commander, I would have demoted her several ranks by now.

7. Dorian Thompson

One has to wonder if Adama will realize she's been drinking and what the situation is. Is she in the bar when the hostage situation arises and thus not on duty when she leads the marines in a rescue attempt? That seems unlikely. Was she having a drink in her off hours when the emergency came up? Should she have agreed to lead the rescue if she'd been drinking? Does Adama even find out? First Kara plays a role in one son's death and only by divine providence does she end up catching Lee in the shoulder instead of plugging him in the chest. Supposedly Lee's trying to do something to get the hostages out of there; (the "somebody is trying to be a hero bit" Bamber referenced) Kara sees a flurry of activity and fires. Did the alcohol impair her judgment? It's hard to believe Bill wouldn't be furious for reasons beyond the professional.

8. Caprica_Six

Caprica_Six Admiral Admiral

Yeah well if they are going to be tarnishing character's let's hope everyone get's it. Laura has had her fair share of tarnishing to pretty much last 2 seasons :lol: , Baltar could do with a bit more especially in regards to Gina, Helo is too damned perfect I don't know what they would do with him.....but the one character they need to tarnish a bit before I barf with her awsomeness has to be Caprica Sharon.

How many times is she going to save the ship or play the poor little cylon card? :vulcan:

I just don't want to see the characters who are suppose to be the bad guys completely reformed while we pull down the good guys who are jut trying to survive.

If we are going to tarnish characters then let everyone have a fair share of the stick :p

9. Trubinator

Trubinator Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

*sigh*

I'm sure she won't be reprimanded no matter what she does. I tell you...I was RELIEVED and ELATED when the Pegasus CAG actually made Starbuck stay behind. That was the one time in the entire show when an actual military decision was made with regard to her blatantly insubordinate behavior.

10. Dorian Thompson

Oh I'm waiting for Sharon's cylon side to emerge as soon as her happy little family doesn't turn out like the Brady Bunch. Sharon has yet to express any moral revulsion to my satisfaction. That's why I've always wanted them to kill off Helo. Is it the humans, Sharon, or is it Helo? I think it's just Helo. She'd be as deadly as the rest of the cylons were it not for him.

Helo's nice, but he's completely sidelined. It's as if his purpose is done. He's not a pilot, a CAG, a commander or a deck's mechanic/engineer like Tyrol. He's not a commander's son or some wisecracking old chef who always knows what's going on in the mess hall. He's not a doctor or medic or lady of ill repute to keep the boys happy. He's not a knuckle dragger like Cally and the rest of chief's crew. It's as if Helo existed to impregnate Sharon and he's done his job. Now what?

As for Starbuck we'll have to wait and see, Trubinator. I never thought I'd see her mess up like this, but here we are. If Bill can overlook Lee getting shot--if--her slight intoxication contributed to it then I agree something's out of whack.

EDIT: Here's the proper link to those Bamber interview excerpts.

http://www.livejournal.com/community/these...630.html#cutid1

11. Ysrith

Ysrith Cadet Newbie

Normally I lurk here, and I hate that my first post here is a cranky one, but can I ask, while I don't mind spoilers from
    The Secret Cylon being posted to other sites, could you have the courtesy to (a) ask the original poster if you can cut and paste direct details from their post, (b) post a link to the thread & (c) get the details right.

I know that the guys over at Galactica Actual ask the same thing. While The Secret Cylon is not a members only site and we are happy for spoilers to be shared, a lot of people work hard to gather them for other people's enjoyment, and it would be nice if their effort was actually acknowleged.

FYI, there is no member of that community called INDY535, and considering how bloody long it took me to retype that part of the interview I should know who the original poster was. You even copied my typos!

The quotes themsleves were taken from the UK scifi magazine "Starburst" Magazine, if other people want to track it down. There is a lot more detail in the full interview, and hopefully scans of that will go up on The Secret Cylon over the weekend. I will post a link to that here if people want

As for your specific questions re Kara being drunk,

Are they saying that Starbuck was drunk on duty and that contributes to her shooting Lee accidentally when he's held hostage? :eek: :eek: :eek: That isn't going to endear her to anyone, least of all Papa Adama if he finds out.

more details from the interview are that that Lee has gone to Cloud Nine with the friend who in mentioned earlier, the on-and-off one, (and who I think, from other spoilers, video-blogs and script-spoilers is Dee) to relax and have a drink. The hostage situation starts and Kara, who is drunk , possibly elsewhere, gets involved and things got from bad to worse.

12. Dorian Thompson

I just posted the link in my post above. It's edited right at the same time you made your post. However, I did get it from a poster called Indy535. I lurk at a few other sites, and that's the name of the poster who copied and pasted it at TWOP. She/he reposted it, so I didn't think it was a problem.

My apologies. I won't ever report any spoilers from your site again. Since you got them elsewhere, I didn't believe it was a problem. I didn't realize that you were also the author of the Starburst article. My bad.

13. Ysrith

Ysrith Cadet Newbie

A charming and immature response to a polite request from a proper link and details.

All I was asking for was common courtesy, and FYI, I did acutally quote my ref source properly, the Starburst Article. As I said I have no problem with the spoilers being shared, but manners in regards to their reposting would be appreciated.

The people at TWOP usually link to the post.

14. Dorian Thompson

Indy didn't link to it in her post. I went to find the link myself because I thought it should have a proper link. It's not the first time I've seen information from your site posted in various places. As I said, I posted a link to your site. LOOK at the post above yours, edited at 11:14. I was putting the link in as you were typing your post (we were doing it at the same time) because I was looking at it when I logged on and thought, "gee, I'd better put in a proper link to be polite."

I didn't claim the article was mine and I did say that it was from thesecretcylon in the original post. If you got the material from Starburst then it isn't your copyrighted material either unless you conducted the interview yourself. If you did conduct yourself, as I said, "I apologize." If not, chill with the snippy attitude. I won't post from your site again. I just said so. Believe me, it's not a problem.

15. Ysrith

Ysrith Cadet Newbie

The only "attitude" here is yours. I am only asking that people acknowledge those who go find spoilers for them and share them.

I will be happy to post any information from UK sources over here if that is what people would like. As BSG has started back in the UK this month, most of the magazines are covering the show and have interviews with the cast.

16. Dorian Thompson

Ysrith, I'm sorry if I sounded snippy. I had a massive headache this morning and I came across much more crossly than I intended. I did credit you in my post. It wasn't my intention to steal any credit from anyone. That's why I posted my link in the second post where I edited. I was in the process of doing what you wanted me to do when you posted your first post. We cross posted. That's why I reacted the way I did. I felt "scolded" for not doing something I had done so my fingers just typed away, but I wasn't lying about Indy or that there was no link in her post. I thought you were saying I was lying about that, and I wasn't so I got cross.

It would be very nice of you to share your spoilers. They're great spoilers. Please don't feel like you shouldn't because of me. Normally, I'm a pleasant person.

17. nevermore

nevermore Admiral Admiral

Thank you for posting & welcome to the board! I think we would all be thrilled if you posted your spoilers here.
    :)

18. Starwind

Starwind Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

*stuffs the K/L shipper into the back of the closet...successfully * :vulcan:

I'm changing my icon tommorrow.

Seriously, I'm afraid to come here anymore. The spoilers just keep getting worse and worse.

19. nevermore

nevermore Admiral Admiral

I know what you mean. I'm in no way interested in the Dee/lee stuff, and I hate Anders, so I'm just oing to concentrate on the larger aspects of the show and not worry about it. I'm generally a reluctant shipper anyway, so this might be good for me. :)

The Roslin/Adama stuff could be interesting. A chance to play out a relationship between two mature adults and all. You don't see that too often. :thumbsup:

20. Iarfirithwen

Iarfirithwen Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Totally agree. Very rare indeed. Too many times going that route in a show is done badly or its not done at all because TPTB are afraid of doing it badly. I think we have a show here that could do it well and with maturity. I have faith in EJO, MM and TPTB to do it well here.

And that final scene from ResShipII just killed! :thumbsup: