Spoiler whore's thread! (enter at your own risk)

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Caprica_Six, Sep 1, 2005.

1. nevermore

nevermore Admiral Admiral

Re: Spoiler whore's thread! (enter at your own ris

Oh, give me a break. This is not directed at you, America, but is directed at the vast number of posts like this. I am so tired of everyone jumping on Starbuck whenever she does ANYTHING. I hated Super!Archer as much as anyone, but he was often doing things that should have been physically impossible etc. Here she is simply doing her fracking job. She is a PILOT flying a stealth ship, designed exactly for THIS PURPOSE, and doing so successfully. What is the problem here?

Is she supposed tobe a complete fuck-up at eveything, even those things entailed in her military training? Would that make people happy? :vulcan:

2. America99

America99 Captain Captain

Re: Cylon POV Episode shelved!

I'm sorry. It's really quite plausible when you think about it. But of all the people to stop the conflict, it is Starbuck that does it.

I know that Admiral Cain would probably not listen to President Roslin anyway.

By the way, I happen to like Starbuck. But she tends to be slightly on the unstable side. I suppose that with her childhood, it's understandable.

In fact, I can even see how she might get promoted in a TREK Mirror Universe kind of way. Nothing beats success. So, even though Starbuck went against the orders of her CAG, I can see her getting promoted because her methods got results. So. the reward would not be for insubordination, but for the results that her actions brought.

By the way, I also never hated Archer as a person. But Scott Bakula even said that Archer was a bit of a brat. He intentionally portrayed him that way.

Starbuck is very human and the lords of Kobol have been exceedingly kind to her. They have graced her with beauty, physical agility, and intelligence. It is unfortunate that wisdom in interpersonal relationships is not one of those gifts. And it is my hope that as this series progresses, that we see her develop this wisdom.

America (for the alternative to developing such wisdom is to be forever doomed to making the same mistakes over and over and over again)

3. America99

No, I suppose you're right. I suppose Starbuck is supposed to be a person who is extremely gifted in every area except her interpersonal relationships.

While I would have preferred to have Roslin actually find a way to prevent the conflict between the two battlestars, it does simply make better sense that Starbuck would be able to stop this. Admiral Cain would probably not listen to anyone or anything else.

America (It's like seasoning though. No one makes a meal out of cayenne pepper. I do not dispute that Starbuck is competent. But is she really the only one who is any good at anything and everything?)

4. cbspock

cbspock Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This is the most interesting tidbit in the summary. In Pegasus that guy Tyrol was talking with, the one that was conscripted from the civilian ship. I guess we just assumed he was rescued from a disabled civilian ship. Looks like Cain took people she could use on her Battlestar and let the other civilians get captured by the Cylons. This also explains why Cain was not giving the civilian fleet the supplies Roslin requested.

5. Stag

Stag Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well since I am usually the last to find out about SPOILERS of any kind, and in going through the thread I did not see anything here ...surprisingly... Battlestar Wiki has posted spoilers on the two parter that will close out season 2. The articles are here:

Lay Down Your Burdens Part 1

and here:

Lay Down Your Burdens Part 2

EDIT: OF course after I posted this I found a post or two commenting on this...why would I think spoilers would be in episode order... :wtf: :lol: ...Enjoy :thumbsup:

6. America99

I wonder who Dean Stockwell will be playing. I don't know why but I hope he will be the One God that the cylons worship.

America (I really like Dean Stockwell and I think he'd make a great One God.)

7. flux_29

flux_29 Commodore Commodore

^ DS will probobly be the leader of the pacifist movement that wants to sign the Cylon's demands with adama, roslin and zarak(?) against him.

8. V

V Commodore Commodore

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

My head has just exploded:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

[​IMG]

9. V

V Commodore Commodore

Also, hugely detalied shot of the Cylon mothership; it's the "Resurrection Ship"; it looks like a big antenna;

[​IMG]

Of course this begs the question; where do they keep getting those new models?

They didn't know what the new Raiders or new Basestars looked like, much less that Resurrection Ship.

But now they've got little models of all of them, apparently.

10. Caprica_Six

Caprica_Six Admiral Admiral

Whether it's real is yet to be seen, for one thing what is with all the blue in the pic?

11. Trubinator

Trubinator Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That has to be photoshopped.

*EDIT*

The culprit has been identified. A poster on the SCIFI boards with a long history of PS images (TheDigitalAlchemist) all but admitted to doing the job.

12. flux_29

What a weird ship, more like a communication relay than a actual ship. btw what is the bottom right pic of?

13. Caprica_Six

Now that I know the A/R pic is real I'm quite pleased indeed :D
    And even though I haven't seen the footage yet, a big thank you to whoever's idea it was to put that scene in....no really I went the LJ group and there are more posts there going yay! in the last 10 minutes then I have ever seen.

A huge thank you for throwing the shippers a bone :D

14. V

V Commodore Commodore

Well yes, I think it fits the description: it's a "Resurrection Ship"; the Cylons use it to boost the signal when their "consciousness" is transfered from one copy to another. It probably enables them to transmit the consciousness of a Cylon all the way between the Cylon Fleet and the Cylon Homeworld. I would presume that without it:

A) All Cylons in the human fleet stand a real chance of permanently dying if destroyed, because they can't transmit back (Personally, I think that the Leoben-copy really did die that one time, because it depends on how close Galactica is to the Resurrection Ship)
    B) The Cylon Fleet tracking Galactica (and other Basestars scattered about looking for them) would have their communication cut off with the Cylon Homeworld and their fleets occupying the Twelve Colonies (as seen in "Kobol's Last Gleaming, Part II). Not that communication would be IMPOSSIBLE, just that they'd have to rely on Raiders to act as couriers, instead of instantaneous communication. This may lead to rifts and rivalries in their local hierarchy.

I have no idea what the thing in the lower right is; could be another instance of the old' "use a freighter as a decoy" ploy, or it could be someone's hand in the shot.

15. Iarfirithwen

Iarfirithwen Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

^ "Weird ship" You mean the Cylon ship right, not A/R ? :p *Lol* :D
    Since I saw it first here, I should comment here. Just thought I'd pop in here first thing this morning, saw some activity in the spoiler Whore's thread, opened it up scrolled up and my heart nearly stopped. OMG. That whole scene including the other caps over at skiffy looks wonderful. I don't care if its a romantic one or not. I take it as a symbol of affection, caring and support (and a thankyou for just promoting me etc) and I LOVE IT. Totally made my morning. :angel: unfortunately the effect is somewhat wearing off as the day wears on but I'm carrying that image around with me for the rest of the day. :D
    At least it confirms that publicity photo on emedian.net.

And SJ .. I'm surprised that the A/R lj didn't explode *lol* I just popped over and I've never seen so many posts on an LJ is so short a period of time. :thumbsup:

16. Caprica_Six

Because there are so many new spoilers just released even today and they are here, there and everywhere. I'd like to direct you all to the spoiler forum at Galactica Actual.

You need to be registered on the board before you can see the spoilers. But the new ones about "Resurrection ship" are in the thread "Ultra top secret" thread as well as spread over a few of the other threads there.

And for a little hint of what is there......
    Roslin wants Cain killed and while one side wants to get rid of Cain the other side plans to get rid Adama.

For more register at

Galactica Actual to view the spoiler forum

17. nevermore

nevermore Admiral Admiral

^Thanks for the link. Checking it out now. :thumbsup:

18. Kaestra

Kaestra Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I just saw it on LJ, then came here to see if everyone knew. I have stared at that pic for longer than I'd care to admit. :D RDM, I love you. ;) This is the first time my OTP was canon. I love my life. :angel:

Lol. I'm all mushy inside. :thumbsup: This makes up for an awful lot of recent crappiness. :) I don't care what this kiss means. I know what it means to me. :p R/A FOREVER!!!! VIVE LE R/A!!!! SQUEENESS!!! :D

19. Mr J

Mr J Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm more interested by the fact that a military space-ship keeps using a two-dimensional map to plan strategies. No wonder the Cylons beat them. :p

20. flux_29

Ive just been on galactica actual, and a few pages in (from the end) their talking about racetrack getting draged off.
    Whats that all about.