Spoiler whore's thread! (enter at your own risk)

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Caprica_Six, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Rally_man

Rally_man Captain Captain

Re: Spoiler whore's thread! (enter at your own ris

See, I just don't want to read this thread, and then I'll end up like you guys, bunch of spoiler-junkies. We need to open up a thread for spoliercolics anonymous. :lol:

2. Hobs202

Hobs202 Commodore Commodore

First of all, why is Starbuck not mentioned anywhere in the script? Secondly <span class="spoiler"><font class="small">Spoiler:</font><hr /><span>an evil terrorist/pacifist group that wants to SURRENDER to the Cylons??? Interesting... but what kind of idiots would even THINK about surrendering to a race that's devoted to wiping all humans out? </span><hr /></span> Also the whole plot with Lee looks kind of dull. I don't know why, but it just does.

3. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

My guess would be she's not in the episode.

4. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sounds too Star Trekky.

5. Gattancha

Gattancha Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Sounds like a Red Herring to me IMHO..

6. flux_29

flux_29 Commodore Commodore

lets just hope for some good cgi.

7. nevermore

nevermore Admiral Admiral

No need for that ugly spoiler code here! Anyway, I really think that the whole "idiot stupid peaceniks insist on a terribly self-destuctive and trgically naieve course of action" plot is something I probably won't like. It ties into something that has bothered me about Zarak since Colonial Day.

The depiction of so-called "liberals" in this show is really off-putting. They are depicted in both instances as being so blinded by their ideology and docterines that they are incapable of recognizing necessity and pragmatic priorities. In Colonial Day, Zarak's rhetoric regarding the gardener is a perfect example of this: "Why is he still working?" Well, because it's better than standing around with his thumb up his ass waiting to be obliterated, that's why. Why do we still have government? Well, because a society requires certain things in order to function, all the more so when the lives of every individual within that society depend, on and hour-to-hour basis upon the effectiveness of the leadership.

The whole "peacenik" story seems to be an exention of this theme that people whose ideals may not be necessarily comaptble with a changed circumtance, are incapable or recognizing that.

So, in brief, I guessing that I'm not gonna like this one so much. And Starbuck's not in it. That sucks too. :(

8. frankncc72405a

frankncc72405a Captain Captain

I really don't think we have seen a "peacenik" in Zarek, more of a "Nelson Mandela-gone-haywire" type of opportunistic, anti-establishment character. The "Mandela" tie-in is solely based on his resorting to violence and subsequent imprisonment, so please don't overreact.
    His motives are really not for the people but for himself, so that he can lead the people and become the guy in charge.
    We saw it best in Home pt1&2 where he is using Roslin's religious interpretation to forward his own agenda. I have not seen this as a liberal or peacenik methodology.
    Now, when the storyline concerning the groups that want to make peace with the cylons do show up on screen later this season, we will then truly see how RDM and DE view the "liberal/peacenik" mindset. Until then, hold your fire. :D :D :D

9. nevermore

A, I never overreact, don't worry about that!

B, I was unclear. I don't think of Zarak as a "peacenik", but believe that on a certain level, relating to generalized ideological stereotypes, he and the upcoming group of "peaceniks" are part of the same demographic so to speak.

See, I think there are more shades of grey to the character. While I will grant that your assesment seems to be the case now, I feel that we lack the background information on his actions in the Colonies to say one way or another whether he started out with altruistic goals or not. I refuse to believe that he had no reason for his revolutionary actions other than a power-grab. There has to be more to his story or he becomes a caracature.

It certainly can be. In politics you use whatever you can to advance you agenda. That's just the way it works. ;) In other words, sometimes the ends can justify the means. Now, for most, there is an ethical line that you just don't cross, but I would venture to say that Zarak's line, if he has one, is probably pretty vague and far away.

Agreed. Heh, fire. Clever! :guffaw:

10. Dorian Thompson

Zarek is a fanatic who became what he once despised. It's not unheard of. I think the fact that Moore depicted Apollo more or less sympathetically even though he mutineed against his father for the sake of democratic principles is indicative that Moore does appreciate a "liberal" viewpoint to some degree.

Of course with Blanders and Caprica coming back I have my own problems with the later eps. What a dud Michael Trucco is. He can't act. He just can't act. He's so generic, romance of the week fodder except that he's a himbo instead of a bimbo. Those chicks from Star Trek: TOS were only meant to show up once for a reason. I'm extremely disappointed that Eick listened to Sackhoff. She must be....dating the guy. Yuck. Where exactly is he going to fit in anyway? I'm incensed that he'll take screentime from someone more deserving, all to make Kara more "feminine and gooey" and Lee all petulant and jealous. We don't need either of those to happen, and we certainly don't need to see Caprica again. Michael Trucco is not a good enough actor to compromise your storyline for. Have you seen the guy in Wishmaster 4? It's absurd. :mad: :mad: There's a reason that Jamie Bamber was in the Horation Hornblower series, that EJO and Mary McDonnell have won awards, and that Michael Trucco was in Wishmaster 4. If you want to ship Lee and Dualla like you hinted at, Ron, just ship Lee and Dualla. You don't need to have Kara/Blanders set it off. Sheesh.

On a more positive note, look at this still of Jamie Bamber from the next first run episode. What a lovely hipbone. :evil: :angel:
    http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a211/bamberfan/skin2.jpg
    :eek: :eek: :eek: No wonder he and his wife have had 3 kids in two years. I couldn't say no to this guy either. :lol:

11. Iarfirithwen

Iarfirithwen Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Wow look a thread with my name on it. :D
    :o

A couple of thoughts having quickly read over the thread:

I think this is a smart move by both Baltar and Sharon. By saving the President of the Colonies with Stem Cells from the child it would make it extremely unlikely that the child would be subsequently targetted. (This could explain the bit in the script about Sharon having left by the time Adama returnsto the sickbay).

There's nothing to say with clarity that the "cure" is permanent. It may cure part of it (her cancer had metastasized) or only alleviate it.

Even if it were to be a 100% cure it still doesn't rule out Roslin being the one refered to in the prophesy. The leader was suffering a wasting disease was to guide them to earth and not live to enter it. She was still sick when the Tomb was opened. There's nothing that says the leader has to die from the wasting disease. If it is Roslin she could go out, sacrificing herself to save someone else's life for all we know. But it still could be anyone(I like the fact that prophesies can be open to interpretation).

Just because the Doctors on Caprica couldn't cure Roslin's type of cancer with Stem cells doesn't mean that Baltar can't. Firstly, the Dr's on the Colonies may have been legally prevented from doing so and we all know Baltar lives to his own personal code of ethics (which is probably none) so he's going to worry about the legalities. Secondly, hemay be aided by Sharon to find the cure.Maybe she knows something that could help.
    I'm more interested in hearing about how Roslin and Adama deal with it. Given my occupation I find this interesting. And not at all cheap. Part of the reason I like BSG is because of the discussion it generates.

Just because Starbuck isn't mentioned in the brief excerpts of scripts flying around the net doesn't mean she wont be in it. There's usually 50-60 pages of script. Its likely she is there somewhere. I doubt they'd leave a major character out of an ep (e.g., from the pod casts they included a Baltar/6 scenes when they realised he & 6 weren't in one of the recent eps).

12. arch101

arch101 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

This is a great concept! If Roslin can be treated this way, it opens all kinds of ethical dilemas concerning the Cylons. They can't be "just toasters" if their dna is compatible with ours. On the other hand, their will be folks who want to use Cylon biotech to help humans. Lots of interesting stories to be had here. Also: How does this affect Roslin? Does this, in effect, make her half-Cylon? The President? Wonder what prophecy has to say about that?

13. emerald_lady

emerald_lady Commodore Commodore

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Day-um. That man is fine. I'm serious. He is the Greek God Apollo. This is next Friday. :evil: A not to be missed episode to be sure. :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

14. Dorian Thompson

Care for a larger version? :devil:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v430/astms/bamber.jpg

According to the unofficial BSG blog, this scene happens when Lucy Lawless' character--a reporter--just barges into the locker rooms with a camera. Supposedly, according to Katie Sackhoff, they had to do more than one take because the director noticed that Ms. Lawless couldn't seem to maintain eye contact with Bamber while doing the scene. Her eyes....wandered. :lol: :lol: :guffaw:

Oh, and a little blue eyed bonus
    http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a211/bamberfan/eyes3.jpg

15. nevermore

Hey guys,

There's a new interveiw with Lucy Lawless up at Zap2it. SHe mostly talks about her character, but the most interesting thing to me is that Robert M. Young is directing it. He's a very well-known documentarian. and while they were shooting the episode, Lucy and her "cameraman" were also shooting her reports. They will be used within the episode as well.

I just love the way BSG is willing to take risks and throw out convention when it comes to things like this! Taking thier whole "cinama verite" thing a step further. I'm really looking forward to this one!

BTW, I LOVE this thread! One-stop shopping. Brilliant idea, SJ! As a reward, here's a fantastic quote from your favorite lady President:

Link

16. Twilight

Twilight Vice Admiral Admiral

I love Mary McDonnell - so classy.

17. Caprica_Six

Caprica_Six Admiral Admiral

Glad you like the thread mate :) thanks for sharing the quote I hadn't seen that one yet :thumbsup:

18. America99

America99 Captain Captain

Um, Dorian, who says that just because Anders is coming back that they are going to revisit Caprica?

After all, this is Ron Moore, not Mr. Underwear...

So Katie Saackoff thought it would be good to use the actor again. So what?

Think...in just about every other episode, we have Starbuck talking about Helo being fooled, expressing outrage toward Sharon for being a cylon.

But what if?

What if later on down the line they discover another cylon sleeper agent and it turns out to look just like Anders?

America (because it's all very easy to tell someone else what a fool they are being, isn't it?)

19. nevermore

^^Actually, I can't find the spoiler at the moment, but they did indicate that they would spend several episodes retreiving him (and, presumably others) from Caprica.

edit: I think it was in the Home Part 1 podcast, but I'm not positive.

20. cbspock

cbspock Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Maybe it is a "gift" from the Cylon God. We have to figure Six is behing all this giving Baltar the "cure".