Spoiler whore's thread! (enter at your own risk)

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Caprica_Six, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Iarfirithwen

Iarfirithwen Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Re: Spoiler whore's thread! (enter at your own ris

:drool: Very much so. I really like the sound of the 2-parter. :) Enough to give you something to think about without really knowing whats going to happen.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I cant believe people are believing rumours posted on a message board. :lol:

lol Munich... come on people... a "peace offer" and the fleet giving up a quota of people for Cylon experiments. And the fleet pressuring Roslin to accept the terms? :rolleyes: HAHAHA @ stupid rumours

3. Iarfirithwen

Iarfirithwen Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'll believe anything Illya_Kuryakin posts because I know who Illya is. :devil:

Anything else I take with a large grain of salt, especially this far out from when the episodes air.

4. Hobs202

Hobs202 Commodore Commodore

Re: Spoiler Thread

Point taken.

But who said anything about two ships wiping out the entire fleet? It sounds like they're just after the "Ressurection Ship" whatever that thing does.

5. Trubinator

Trubinator Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I still don't see it working out tactically. Two ships, no matter how well coordinated, wouldn't be able to destroy the resurrection ship unless the cylons wanted it to be taken. It's simple, they have more ships to protect it with.

6. Hobs202

I don't know... This talk of "giving up the worship of false gods and accepting Cylon missionaries to spread the one true faith" sounds a lot like what's going on in the current season of Stargate SG1.

And why does Roslin once again need Zarek's help? Can't she just play the "I am the dying leader" card again?

7. Hobs202

Except that they're not going to attack with only two ships. They're obviously going to attack with their Vipers + Raptors too, which if carefully coordinated strike could take out the Res Ship even if they are outnumbered.

Besides, a good strategy/coordination usually wins over superior numbers. The Confederates were outnumbered 2-to-1 at Chancellorsville. But they still went on the offensive and won due to General Lee's strategy.

8. Tyson

Tyson Fleet Captain

Re: Cylon POV Episode shelved!

Hardly. Just because you dislike where the show is going doesn't mean it's a) not good and b) suddenly turning into trek. You've had such a negative attitude about this that I'm beginning to question why you're even here.

9. Trubinator

Trubinator Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm here because it's still the best show on tv. I just really dislike where things may be going. I don't want to see BSG go where Stargate SG-1 went. Regarding the tactics: Yes, a good strategy can win over superior numbers. However, two variables must be considered first.

1- How large is the cylon fleet? If it's too large, no strategy will defeat them.

2-What is considered an acceptable loss? So far they've suffered losses when running. They will certainly lose many pilots during an assault. They need to decide whether it's practical to sacrifice pilots to deal a blow to one ship out of an entire civilizations worth of them considering they only have 50K people left.

10. Hobs202

They said "two basestars and a dozen support ships." That sounds beatable.

When they attacked the Cylon Tyllium Station, Tigh said "It's going to cost us." It all depends on the importance of the ship is and how good the pilots are.

They're still going to attack it - and lose a bunch of pilots too.

11. Caprica_Six

Caprica_Six Admiral Admiral

Have you read the spoilers for the episode "Ephiphanies"? as that might explain why.

12. Caprica_Six

More info about season 2 from USA today link

13. flux_29

flux_29 Commodore Commodore

It'll probobly end with Adama and roslin about to give their answer to the offer with a few cylon base stars jumping in at the last second or somthing. :)

14. Peacemaker

Peacemaker Vice Admiral Admiral

Hmmm,

"Come to me all you who are heavy-laden and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls, for my yoke is easy and my load is light." Mt. 11:28 -30.

Why do I have this feeling that either in the finale or next season we will be meeting the Cylon "God."

15. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

Heh. :evil:

http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/bts/videoblog/

There's a funny, spoilerific video blog about Billy's episode, Sacrifice. Paul Campbell is hilarious. I can see how he ended up in a comedy pilot. Oddly enough, another spoiler about Sacrifice is in the blog. Some folks managed to transcribe what David Eick was saying in the run through of lines at the beginning of the video feed, which is a little difficult to understand.....
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    //
    /
    /
    /
    /
    //
    /
    //
    //
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    //
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    "Lee suddenly jumps towards Chu and grabs for his gun. Kara sees movement
    out of the corner of her eye, turns and fires...hitting Lee in the upper
    chest."

I guess that explains why he's so tense with her at the beginning of "Captain's Hand." Explains the "guilty look on Kara's face" that was in the sides for the episode, too. Kara shoots him. :eek: I love it. :angel: :evil: I really love it. I was bitching that she needed to be taken to task for a major screw up. I guess this will suffice. :lol: Between that and poor Billy dying, this episode will rock. It seems Kara will be having a bad time, too, this half season.
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /
    /

16. Caprica_Six

^^ Wasn't Katie reading lines for the other character though? Seshka or something like that?

17. Dorian Thompson

No, that was Shevon, the prostitute character from the other episode that Eick mentioned. Jamie was making the joke when Eick said Katee should do Shevon for the read through. That's when Katee said, "Okay, Jamie's in a vulgar mood today." :lol: What Eick was reading was a stage direction for "Sacrifice."

It makes sense considering the tension between Lee and Kara in "Captain's Hand." It's the Apollo/Starbuck shipper group that was transcribing it as the above. They're duly pissed off, but I think it's fascinating. What better way to finally make Kara realize that her impulsive outbursts are trouble than to do this to her? It provides all sorts of terrific angst and trouble. The sides for the episode kept mentioning Kara off in a corner "with a guilty look on her face." No one could figure out why she was guilty. I'd say this explains it. :devil: :D

18. Caprica_Six

I'll guess I will wait and see how it plays out then. I just hope there isn't anymore Adama family related angst for Starbuck again. I mean we already had the guilt thing with Zack, if something bad happens to Lee because of her I think the angst-o-meter might explode :lol:

19. Dorian Thompson

Better be ready to sweep up angst-o-meter bits. :lol: I'm so evil. I love this.

20. Hobs202

Yeah, I read the spoilers. I guess that episode could explain why Roslin's influence drops. But I still find it kind of undramatic that she has to ally with Zarek again.

Also I wonder just how many people have to be "sacrificed" each year?