Spoiler whore's thread! (enter at your own risk)

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Caprica_Six, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Starwind

Starwind Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Re: Cylon POV Episode shelved!

I believe the shooting schedule officially wraps first week of December.

2. DarthMarley

DarthMarley Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

The Teamster's schedule shows the shooting was indeed to last until Dec 7-8.

With one episode scrapped, this might wrap up a little early.

Multiple sources have said that an ep got scrapped at the last minute, so maybe it was the one RDM mentioned on the Fandom.com interview.

3. V

V Commodore Commodore

Then again no; he did say in the Fandom.com interview that ther WOULD be a Cylon POV episode, so if that plan changed it was after the interview...

4. DarthMarley

DarthMarley Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

That is the case, it would be scapped literally at the last minute. And after the interview.

5. David85

David85 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't like the idea of them throwing an episode together from extra parts through.

210 seemed a little rushed to me. Now the next part will go too slow.

6. Iarfirithwen

Iarfirithwen Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I don't think they'd do it they thought it wouldn't work.
    If it came to it, I'm sure they'd have the time to go back and film some extra scenes (they should have some spare time ;)).

I'm looking forward to it. (Not that my decision is in any way influenced by a certain picture recently released on the net ;))

7. illya_kuryakin

illya_kuryakin Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I wrote earleir that no new scenes were shot. I was wrong. I've now been informed that several new scenes are being shot for 211 and that some elements from the scrapped 218 script have been incorporated. I don't know exactly what that means but may have something to do with cylon POV.

8. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

Crap! :mad: Apparently there was a sneak preview of the second half of season two on sci-fi channel tonight and I missed it. Jamie Bamber talking with his real accent and everything. :drool:

Oh well, according to the thread at sci-fi's boards

sci fi thread

...this is what was in it.
    "The little 30 second preview starts off with the ever so lovely Jamie speaking in his ever so lovely English accent talking about how Lee is going to go to a very dark place. Several short scenes then flash by.

A viper flying

Lee just sort of floating in a body of water in a pair of swim trunks (not quite a towel, but yay!)

Lee lying on a table while a doctor(s) are trying to restart his heart using paddles.

A scene with Lee lying on his bunk (?) saying "I didn't want to come back."

Kara hugging Lee...with Dee there in the bunkroom with them, as pointed out by other avid shippers further down in the thread who also saw the preview
    . :lol:

Sounds intriguing, no? I didn't want to come back? Are they reviving him after he gets shot in "Sacrifice"? Lee's got some serious depression and guilt going on in his life. I think I like it. :devil:

9. Trubinator

Trubinator Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

All the shippery business seems overdone at this point. I wish they would just let stuff develop gradually. Loving the suicidal Lee though...great stuff!

10. V

V Commodore Commodore

11. Dorian Thompson

Whoa!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

That looks fascinating. I think I am really going to like this depression storyline. Finally Bamber gets something substantial to do that will show off what he's capable of. Why didn't TPTB allow him to speak with his own accent? It's gorgeous. :drool: :evil: Children have different accents than their parents all the time; it would have further demonstrated the divide between him and Bill. Jamie's father is American. They obviously sound different. He's got just a faint touch of Irish brogue, like his mother's voice. I wonder what Dee's doing hiding around that corner listening in to him? :D

12. Trubinator

I'm not sure I approve of how the network is turning Bamber into beefcake for the female demographics. However, the coming character development for Bamber seems promising. I thought Skiffy was pretty low initially for trying to make him likeable, but it seems they've redeemed themselves.

13. Trubinator

I watched the shot again and it certainly wasn't after the shooting. He's not bloodied up at all and he'd be spattering and splattering if he were shot as badly as the script indicates. I'd say that's a flashback unless he took a Trek hit to the chest.

14. nevermore

nevermore Admiral Admiral

i agree on both points. The Dee/Lee thing feels flat to me, and the Lee/Kara thing feels rushed and arbitrary. For once in my life I think I really get where the no-romos have been coming from all this time. :p

The angst should be a good thing to balance out the arbitrary relationship crap though! :thumbsup:

15. Dorian Thompson

Perhaps we have two separate life threatening incidents. I know Lee gets shot in "Sacrifice" and it's pretty serious because papa bear gets all worried about him (love the parallel with Adama being shot) but maybe the shot from where he's being electroshocked in the chest comes from after he and the peggy caghole get lost in space in the raptor? I thought I'd read something like that happens. Maybe he's nearly frozen and his heart has stopped or something?

I love that shot of him saying he didn't want to make it back alive. He looks suicidal. Hey Trub, if you have a classically handsome beefcake in the cast who can actually act, why not take advantage of all his strengths? :D :guffaw:

16. Trubinator

My guess is he gets marooned during Resurrection Ship during the battle with the title ship. Everyone else dies but he ejects and his oxygen runs out. He suffocates and is picked up by a raptor (note he IS in one when being revived.)

17. illya_kuryakin

illya_kuryakin Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

219 and 220 shooting this week

*cough* Dean Stockwell :thumbsup:

18. Dorian Thompson

Wha-at? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :wtf: Al is the cylon God or something?

19. Iarfirithwen

Iarfirithwen Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Cooooool. Dr Yueh! Nice.

Some info was released on Resurrection Ship Part 1 over at Now Playing.

======
    Battlestar Galactica – “Resurrection Ship, Part 1”

Logline: A military power struggle threatens to escalate into all-out war as the Battlestars Galactica and Pegasus attempt to join forces to destroy a critical Cylon target: a “Resurrection” ship.

Synopsis: Lt. Kara “Starbuck” Thrace (Katee Sackhoff) prevents a potentially deadly face-off between the Battlestars Galactica and Pegasus when she arrives at the last minute bearing stunning recon photos of the Cylon “Resurrection” ship. Unable to resist this tempting target, Commander William Adama (Edward James Olmos) and Admiral Helena Cain (Michelle Forbes) establish an uneasy truce as they agree to prioritize the destruction of the “Resurrection” ship, tabling their conflicts, for now. But Adama remains distrustful, as he learns that Cain's survive-at-all-costs attitude saw Pegasus abandon its civilian fleet months ago. Disturbed by this news, President Laura Roslin (Mary McDonnell) believes that as soon as the Resurrection ship is destroyed, Cain will jettison Galactica's civilian fleet. As the power struggle continues with Cain, Adama must make an impossible decision, on the eve of a battle that could change the face of the Cylon war.
    ====

20. Trubinator

That's entirely too much information for a yet unaired episode synopsis. This smells like bullshit to me.