Spoiler whore's thread! (enter at your own risk)

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Caprica_Six, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Trubinator

Trubinator Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Re: Spoiler whore's thread! (enter at your own ris

Buck needs to be taken down several notches.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Wow , and i thought i was the only one who felt this way . I think it could be very beneficial for both the character and the show. Right now , i don't understand where they are trying to go with the character.

Sometimes i feel that the writers want to create the «coolest character ever» . The problem is , that rarely works ...

3. emerald_lady

emerald_lady Commodore Commodore

No, you're not the only one warpaint. I've been real down on her ever since she shoved Racetrack's face into the table. That was so out of line. Being a cool, kickass chick is fine. Being mean isn't.

4. Ayelbourne

Ayelbourne Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well...but she can't read a frakkin' map ("The Farm"). ;)

5. illya_kuryakin

illya_kuryakin Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I also believe the rumor started with the cast. I think it's possible that one more major cast member is a cylon, however, several have told Ron Moore they won't show up for work if they get a script that reveals them as a cylon.

:lol:

As far as season 2 goes, I was able to corner one of my contacts - I actually know a few crew members and they love to talk about the show because they LOVE the show - and get this much: I asked if another cast member would be revealed to be a cylon and the answer was "no." I then asked if a major cast member was going to die and the answer again was "no." I then asked if there was going to be another huge cliffhanger and the answer was "um, er, maybe." Another contact suggested, however, to expect changes for MINOR characters. Is one of the minor characters going to die, I asked? Of course, the answer was . "um, er, possibly."

Yeah, no one wants to say too much. I have to admit I've also been avoiding learning too many spoilers. After all, I wanna be surprised, too. A constant refrain from several friends is, "Do you really wanna know?"

oh, I've been asking around about Ron's screw-up and no one I know has a clue. If I can get into the wrap party, I'll be sure to ask him ;)

6. Caprica_Six

Caprica_Six Admiral Admiral

^^ Apparently people are speculating that Billy is going to die after one of the scripts got leaked. Do you think that may have to do with your friend saying "um, er, possibly" ;)

Thanks for sharing what you know btw :thumbsup:

7. illya_kuryakin

illya_kuryakin Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

No problem. Galactica deserves to be talked about and if this helps generate a little buzz, I'm glad to help.

Speculation about Billy's fate began as soon as it came out that Paul was signed to do another show this year. I figured his days were numbered and was actually kinda surprised to see him this far into Season two. Ok, that said, I'd rather not say one way or the other. I don't want to give away anything that major. And do you really wanna know? Enjoy a little suspense.

8. Iarfirithwen

Iarfirithwen Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

wrap party :drool:

Do I really want to know? Yes and no.
    I think it comes from being in my little antipodean home. You give up on avoiding spoilers if you don't know if/when you'd see the eps. I will however muster all my strength and try to remain spoiler free for the last 3 eps of S2.

And as SJ said. Thanks for all the tidbits you share with us. :) :angel:

9. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

Billy dying, or being a cylon thus removing his colonial one persona from the equation, would greatly facilitate this Apollo/Dualla interaction/flirtation/possible romance that Moore and Bamber both referred to in their interviews.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Making Billy a cylon would be a good way to free Paul Campbell , for now , if his pilot gets picked up ( i don't know if it has but it certainly has been implied more than once on many different boards ) . Maybe RDM was able to work something out so that Billy could come back eventually . Because what would be the point of making him a cylon if he is never to be seen or heard of again ?

And i really hope we eventually find out who Six talked to in the mini when she said something like : «finally, it's about time you got here»...Remember ? We never saw who that was. I hope this isn't just dropped and never heard of again... Cause it was really intriguing .

11. Maiel

Maiel Cadet Newbie

Newbie, just though I'd post this up as I don't think I've seen it any place else.

Billy was meant to die in Home Part II but was kept around as Paul's new show wasn't picked up. However he is meant to die at the end of epi 15.

And random useless fact, almost a spoiler, Chief Tyrol and Helo don't feature in at least 3 episodes of the second half of season 2.

12. Lucky Red

Lucky Red Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Billie doesn't need to die for that to happen. :devil:

13. flux_29

flux_29 Commodore Commodore

that's probobly because there in a cell for accidently killed Thorne. :) :) :) :)

14. Dorian Thompson

True. Very true. The way some folks talk about Billy you'd think he'd been a major character all along. He can't die!!!!! I want him and Dee to work!!!! They're young lovers!!!!

:rolleyes: They only see each other once in a blue moon. Dee was pissed off at him in "Valley of Darkness" because he made no effort to see her. They weren't even sure they had a relationship, and that was what? A month ago in Galactica time? They're not engaged. Sorry, Billy, rest in peace. :devil: Or be a happy evil cylon.

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Don't ask me why , but i really want Billy to turn out to be a cylon plant. But a really, really , nasty , sleazy , badass one, to counterpart his straightlaced human *façade*.

16. Dorian Thompson

That would be excellent, warpaint. :evil:

17. Caprica_Six

I'd rather he not be a cylon. Billy is like a son to Laura and his loss is going to mean a lot to her as she has already lost Elosha. Who is she suppose to confide in then?

I sense a lot of angst on the horizon.

18. Dorian Thompson

She can confide in Lee. I miss their interactions from the mini and early season one. Whatever happened to that great Bill-Laura-Lee dynamic? Sorry to be an evil wench, but bye bye Billy. I can see great story coming out of his death or his duplicitous cylonhood.

19. Caprica_Six

I miss that too :(
    Imagine though Laura goes into sickbay and see's a semi recovering Lee in one bed and on the other bed a practically dead Billy...right after she gets her "cure" :eek:
    The poor thing, Adama boy better give her a hug if that happens ;) She'll be losing one son and having the other one injured.

I like the potential for storytelling here within the Adama/Roslin/Apollo dynamic ;)

20. Iarfirithwen

Iarfirithwen Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I see that our mental telepathy is up to scratch. :)
    I'm also part of the chorus singing I miss the Adama-Roslin-Apollo dynamic.

You have to feel for Roslin at this point. She nearly loses the two guys she considers like sons, and one would assume that as president she (as well as Adama) is going to be involved in the decision to send the dead boomer rather than Sharon. She's presumably still getting better after nearly dieing herself. If Adama isn't there to support her after everything that has happened in the middle of season 2 it's not going to ring true for me.