Spider-Man movie (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Turtletrekker, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's Spidey with go faster stripes.

2. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Meh. The Raimi suit looked better.

3. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Vice Admiral Admiral

4. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I wonder if that is just the stunt double's suit? It looks kind of different than the one revealed a couple weeks ago. I don't like the red in Spidey's eyes on his mask. They should be white.

5. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

They are white. You're just seeing the red bleed into the white because of the crummy photographic job and the poor lightning. In any case, it's common knowledge that the stunt doubles wear different suits than the "hero" suit, which is usually worn by the lead star, in this case Andrew Garfield. So these costumes are going to be a bit different and inferior, and not as detailed or polished, as the real deal.

6. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Premium Member

I think the red is from a stage light above him. The eyes are actually white. Keep in mind that these are just set photos and in no way resemble the final edited product.

7. C_Miller

C_Miller Captain Captain

I guess it's up to your definition of the idea of a trilogy. If it's a continuing story, I agree with you. Stand alones are the best idea, but you should also have some plans for where you're going if you should get the chance to make a sequel. Batman and Spider-Man are two characters you don't need to worry about not getting a sequel with though.

But you can still tell a stand alone story while planning on having some direction and if you don't have direction and start making a sequel blind, you're screwed. Look at Heroes. The first season of that was brilliant. Skillfully plotted, well written, great character arcs, ect., ect. That show did very well and when it was renewed for a 2nd Season, Tim Kring had no clue what to do, because he had written season 1 as more or less a complete story. And I think we all know how Heroes turned out after season 1.

I agree, don't plan on getting a sequel and use your two and a half hours to tell the best story you can, but at the same time don't be caught with your pants down when they ask for a sequel and you don't have a story.

Edit: And I don't want to drink the Kool-Aid too early, but I think Batman could become a trilogy worth mentioning with Star Wars, Back to the Future and Indiana Jones.

8. Samurai8472

Not necessarily all the time

Stunt man

[​IMG]

Evans as Cap

[​IMG]

9. Admiral_Young

Hmm....I still like it. Like they're going with something different. It's not like Spider-Man in the comics hasn't gone though different costumes over the years ;)

10. Gep Malakai

Gep Malakai Vice Admiral Admiral

I kinda liked the suit in the first image, but with these new pics, I'm officially hating it. I hate the profile of the head, hate the almost-pinstripes running down the arms and legs, hate all the little slits and wraps on the hands and fingers, and hate the shape of the eyes. It's too busy and sportswear-ish, like somebody pulled an off the shelf wetsuit-crossed-with-biking-pants and spray painted it Spidey colors.

The only thing that might make this work, in context, is if that's the in-story rationalization; e.g., that Peter did, in fact, modify some tacky looking athletic outfit. Sort of like how the Nolanverse Batmobile looks awful in photos but works fine in context. So I'll wait and see, but as a raw design, I don't like this.

11. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Admiral Admiral

I'm assuming that's just the lighting/filters/etc (or lack of) that makes that suit look like the old Nicholas Hammond series. Goes to show how badly a superhero would probably look in real life.

12. Samurai8472

There are some fans grasping at anything for this to be the wrestling suit

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's certainly very similar, but Spidey charging around in his wrestling suit was already covered in the first movie. I doubt they'd do it again.

14. Aragorn

Aragorn Admiral Admiral

What is with the knee-jerk reaction to freak out and condemn things for how they look prior to post-production?

15. Admiral_Young

^ It's called the internet!!!

16. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm really liking the look of the eyes in this shot (and you can clearly tell they're silver).

Although man, that is one VERY skin-tight suit he's wearing!

So true. Reeve's Superman suit somehow works fine within the context of the movies, but you look at the behind-the-scenes shots (with all the crew and equipment around him) and it suddenly looks a bit... cheap and ridiculous. lol

17. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

i wondered if it was the wrestling suit.

in Ultimate he wears the wrestling suit for a while until it gets wrecked and MJ manages to make a new one.

18. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Vice Admiral Admiral

19. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

20. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Vice Admiral Admiral