SONS OF ANARCHY tv series disscussions and comments

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by timothy, May 2, 2011.

1. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    I want to see what comes of those letters from Jax's dad. Also, I hope they do some more with the hospital admin and Tara. The good/bad conscience of her and Gemma wanting Tara to take sides is great fun. I also want to see if the Russians come back.

2. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

well from the comercials it looks like there getting married. so that cool.

3. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

I guess they thought the show was somewhat lacking in badassery because now they've hired Danny Trejo.

Something is wrong with the video but maybe they'll fix it - I think it's their own interview. :wtf:

4. timothy

that's awesome, I can't wait till later tonight...

5. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Well, fantastic start to the new season! My only complaint was that there seemed to be almost as much time taken up in advertising as there was in the actual show.

6. timothy

I know I like it when it limited commerical interuption. the body count is rising all ready on the new episode. the russians are out of the picture and clay has eyes on destroying the housing project in charming for some reason. and what do you guys
    think of the sherrif and fbi characters.

7. Temis the Vorta

Great start to the new season! At this point, the series is so rich and deep, it hardly matters what the plotline is anymore.

I didn't much notice the ads because I zap em all. However, I did notice the "Miller Lite" nonsense at the start - somehow I don't think the Sons are imbibing too much of that crap, which would probably be grounds for expulsion from the MC. I caught a fleeting glimpse of a Jack Daniels ad at one point, which would have been far more appropriate to be given prime position.

I like em. I recognized Roosevelt as C-Note from Prison Break (where ironically enough, his real name was Benjamin Franklin, which is where C-Note comes from, so "Roosevelt" an in-joke? :D), so he'll be terrific. The FBI guy is wonderfully off-kilter and just a little bit creepy, and also named after a president (Lincoln 'Linc' Potter), so the names must definitely be an in-joke.

But the ratings are no joke!

8. timothy

well the sons are in for it now since killing the russians they killed a fed as well unbenost to them that he was a fed any way. as for the rateings which are cool to watch an all I really don't go by them I go by shows that I like or love. I surprised jax has started the ratings posting yet.

9. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

^^^ That's VERY good news. In the Season 3 DVD extras, Sutter mentions that he has a layout for a full 7 seasons. If the ratings hold, we will hopefully see a full series run and there won't be as much of a question about the possibility of continuation or cancellation as there had been in the past. :techman:

10. Gov Kodos

Great start. The Russians taken out quickly and easily. The fed informer, I will wait to see if he was one or if he's the only one. The attorney didn't want him to have a wire that night- luck or plan or did someone tip off the Sons? What is the new sheriff's background and could Salazar have some connections to him? The letters from Ireland come into play. Gemma and Tara seemed to have developed a stronger relationship in spite of the letters (which only Tara knows about so far.) Lots of bad directions for suspicion to go here. Great episode. Hale should go balistic when the bodies are found come morning work shift.

As for the housing project question, the project is very high end. It would bring in wealthy law abiding folk who'd expect a real police force and no gangs riding around.

11. timothy

^nice avatar by the way. it would be nice if stephen king returns this season.

12. Temis the Vorta

Seven seasons? Wow!

13. timothy

I would love a solid ten which would be awesome. 7 is deffinatelly 100 episodes which is cool....

14. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

Nice touch to put Dave Kushner in the bar playing guitar. He is the guy who wrote the theme tune.

15. Shurik

Shurik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Great episode. I didn't expect them to deal with Russians so fast, looks like the new sheriff and the FBI guy will be the big bads of this season.

The new FBI guy is the priest from the first season of Deadwood. He was weird there too ...

16. Temis the Vorta

That's where I knew him from! It was driving me nuts! :rommie:

17. Gov Kodos

Keep an eye on Juice, he seems someone that may have some interesting developments. I wouldn't be surprised if he turned out to be a deep cover mole in the future.

18. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

The fantastic Ray McKinnon is portraying an Assistant US Attorney, not an FBI agent.

Speaking of the letter Gemma found, was anyone able to make out what it said, or was there not enough focus on it? All I could read was the Ashby letterhead, Jax's name, and Maureen's name.

Exactly. The Sons have always been adamantly opposed to any "modernizing" influence on Charming that would move it away from its quaint little town "charms" (yes, I had to use that word) into becoming a larger city.

7 seasons of 13 episodes each would be 91 episodes total, not 100. ;)

19. Gov Kodos

The note was the one that Maureen wrote telling Jax to read the letters and see what John Teller was like with her. I guess Tara will be uncertain what to do with them. Will they help his thinking to get out of the club or drive him further in? Now that Gemme knows of the letters she is going to wonder which or both knows of the letters. She will know one at least of Jax and Tara knows of the letters.

20. timothy

tonight episode 2 of season 4 "BOOSTER" . I hope they have very little comerical interuption this time like they did last year.