Sondra Marshak and Myrna Culbreath

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by seigezunt, Jun 3, 2009.

1. KTJ

KTJ Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

If he had, he wouldn't have slammed on the brakes, just drove off the bridge.

2. KTJ

You'd be surprised (or maybe you wouldn't) how many K/S fans use that footnote as "proof" that Gene intended K/S as canon.

3. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Let's see:

Oh, right, that's an out-and-out confession. :rolleyes:

But yeah, there's unfortunately no shortage of people in the world who, when faced with facts that unambiguously disprove their convictions, will twist, reinterpret, and contort those facts until they can take them as proof instead. For instance, in the direct converse of this, there are still Legend of Korra viewers who refuse to accept that Korra and Asami are lovers now, even though the creators of the show have confirmed it (and illustrated it, though not nearly as graphically as many fan artists have).

Still, I can't help but notice that Kirk said he found his best gratification in woman -- which could easily be taken to imply that he's tried the alternative(s). Not with Spock, most likely, but with somebody.

4. KTJ

Seen this? The Roddenberry Footnote

Then there's Gene's mumbled "the affection was sufficient" response to Marshak and Culbreath's prompting in Shatner: Where No Man... I'm guessing this is what Justman and Solow talked about -- that Gene often just said whatever the people he was talking to wanted to hear. Furthermore, Nimoy flat-out contradicted him on the "I can't live without you" business.