"Someone to Watch Over Me" Live Commentary

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Agent Richard07, Feb 27, 2009.

1. EstoniaKat

EstoniaKat Lieutenant Red Shirt

I don't know. If that really were Tyrol's motivation two episodes ago to leave, shouldn't he had jumped at the chance to leave with Boomer in the Raptor? For me, his vote now makes LESS than before. After all, he had something tangible; the emotional impact of the projection vision on Picon to fixate on with Boomer. All the future possibilities with the Cylons and with Tory were theoretical.

And as for the episode two weeks ago setting up the emotional payoff of this week's, I would give you another analogy:

I enjoy sitting in my easy-chair than on my couch after someone broke into my house last week and nutted on it. It's bound to seem better.

2. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

The problem with Deadlock wasn't that it was boring but rather that it was badly written and poorly plotted out.

3. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

Tyrol didn't kill the eight. He just knocked her out. Athena recognizes Boomer as an individual separate from the other eights. I'm sure she's not the only cylon with that ability. The random eight was in no danger of execution. The other cylons would have recognized that she wasn't Boomer. The chief was just buying escape time for Boomer so she wouldn't be executed.

4. Lyon_Wonder

Lyon_Wonder Commander Red Shirt

Tyrol will probably end up in the brig too, though I doubt Adama's going to get much of a chance to put him there considering Galactica's falling apart.

5. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's actually a couple of thousand years old, but I'm not caring too much. Starbuck thought she wrote it - it came to her from somewhere, anyway.

It wasn't poorly written, but no matter - "boring" is a greater sin by far than either of those. ;)

I think Tyrol's plan was just to get Boomer off the ship - I'm sure he expects the switch to be discovered before the execution takes place.

I'm pretty sure not. If I thought they were, I could look away easily. I'd walk away from the series now.

6. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!

She didn't think she wrote it. She said that her father taught her the song.

7. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

She should explain that to the Final Five. They're very confused by it.

Not much of a revelation to hang an hour on. Pure X-Files.

8. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I didn't catch the spelling of Starbuck's father's name on the cassette in the cache of personal items. What was it?

All I remember was the tape said "Live at the Opera House". Hmmm, about that.... ;)

9. Berg417448

Berg417448 Commander Red Shirt

The name was Dreilide Thrace.

10. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ Dreilide Thrace

Beaten to it.

11. WeAreTheBorg

WeAreTheBorg Vice Admiral Admiral

I wonder if "Dreilide" is some code mixed up word for something.

If I'm not mistaken, "drei lide" in german means "three eyelids". Hmmm? Probably doesnt mean anything.

12. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, Dreilide's counterpart in TOS was Chameleon (i.e. Fred Astaire), and real chameleons have a kind of 'third eyelid'... :)

13. Berg417448

Berg417448 Commander Red Shirt

According to BSG Wiki:

'The name 'Dreilide' is German for 'three eyelids' ('drei Lide') and refers to the inner (third) eyelid, regarded as the gateway to the soul and realms of higher consciousness. The third eye is often associated with visions, clairvoyance, precognition, and out-of-body experiences, and people who have allegedly developed the capacity to use their third eyes are sometimes known as seers."

14. Kchunda

Kchunda Commander Red Shirt

Whoa. . . :eek:

15. BolianAuthor

BolianAuthor Writer, Battlestar Urantia Rear Admiral

Seconded and seconded. :devil:

BTW, I'm still wondering what all that new data was that was showing up on Anders's biomonitor was, at the end of "Deadlock". My theory, is that Six and Tigh's baby was downloading into Anders.

Either that, or Windows Vista. Either way, bad.

16. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

And as I said...Fred Astaire is Starbuck's father. ;)