Snowpiercer or Why, God, Hast Tho Forsaken Me?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Base_Delta_Zero, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Garak

Garak Salty Dog Premium Member

Yeah it wasn't a masterpiece but I enjoyed it a million times more than any Transformers movie.

2. Karl Shoottheglass

Karl Shoottheglass Commodore Commodore

Above italics added. I'm all for the third italics.

I'm glad this director's thinking beyond the opening weekend. I wish more U.S. directors were allowed to do the same. It'd make things less predictably cookie-cutter on a weekly basis. Especially in the sense 90 percent of the time the number one movie of the week is a foregone conclusion.

I'll be seeing SNOWPIERCER this Saturday. If it's as decent as its director's previous THE HOST, it'll succeed. It seems to have elements of DISTRICT 9 as well as ELYSIUM. As for LUCY with Scarlett, the film may end up less wacky than its trailer, but UNDER THE SKIN, also with Scarlett, will be a tough act to follow.

3. royalfan5

royalfan5 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I just saw it yesterday. I enjoyed it thoroughly, but those kinds of movies are generally up my all. (It should be noted the first two movies I saw in a theatre were Return to Oz and The Black Cauldron, so I suppose the seed was planted young. Also, I'm a big fan of Terry Gilliam, which ties nicely into this film.) I can see why people would either love it or hate, despite myself falling into the former category. I didn't particularly have any problem suspending disbelief for it, and honestly didn't recognize the actor playing the lead until the credits, as I hadn't looked at who was in it other than Tilda Swinton before going.

Also, the classroom scene is now one of my favorite scenes of all time.

4. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I didn't recognize Tilda Swinton or Alison Pill.

And I liked the aquarium car. Very surreal.

5. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther