Smallville: Absolute Justice!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jetfire, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

^

Thanks, Ethan! That shot was taken during the TV Guide photo-shoot that was done right after the Writer's Strike ended and they did the cover with all the various stars from the different networks. Allison was the only one representing the CW. And yeah, she really does look great there. I love the look on her face.

2. Ethan_Hunt_IMF

Ethan_Hunt_IMF Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

^yeah man, i'm thinking i am a Mack fan now

3. Buck Rogers

Buck Rogers Captain Captain

Well I'm looking forward to seeing Absolute Justice,and plan recording it,while watching it I've even invited a couple friends to watch it with me,but one is a Heroes fan,and another is a Doctor Who fan so its possible I could be watching alone for the two hours now I have a question is it a two parter or a two hour long episode?

That's all for now see ya all on Friday night

Signed

Buck Rogers

4. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Both. It was written and shot as a two-parter but has been cut into a single 2-hour "movie" which will be aired on February 5.

5. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

6. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Writer Rear Admiral

So then the rest of the season will follow after that? In any case I gotta mark Feb. 5 on the calendar.

7. Christopher

Actually the next new episode is on January 29, a week from Friday, with "Absolute Justice" the week after that and another new episode the week after that, and presumably for a while afterward.

8. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yes we're back from hiatus now at least four a good four or five episodes, next week's episode kicks off the return.

9. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

10. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

That was awesome...

11. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've tuned out of Smallville for the most part, but I'd be willing to give this a shot. Hopefully, it does what the rumor mill is buzzing about--that this meeting of the JSA inspires Clark to head more towards the Superman, and costume, we're all familiar with.

12. broberfett

broberfett Vice Admiral Admiral

Relaxing in Slave I listening to Holy Diver
    Is anyone else getting a Hawkman is a badguy vibe from the clips?

13. Christopher

^Not bad guy, just "badass." If anything, they suggest he was the greatest of the JSA. In the preview shown at the end of "Disciple," we heard Dr. Fate saying to Clark that
    his fate was to lead his generation of heroes the way Hawkman led his own generation.

14. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

The irony there, of course, is Clark is anything but badass..

15. Christopher

Well, Superman isn't supposed to be. He's supposed to be good and noble and kind. He's so powerful that he doesn't need to be tough and harsh.

16. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

Badass doesn't automatically equal harsh and tough. Considering what Superman can do and how he goes about doing it is badass. For example, when Superman saved the plane in Superman Returns...that was total badass.

17. Christopher

Well, it does contain the word "bad." So to my ear, it implies something more like an antihero, someone like Batman or Wolverine, someone who's scary and dangerous and not for polite company. Superman is supposed to be the embodiment of all things good, so describing him with a word beginning in "bad" just doesn't seem right to me. (Not to mention a word ending in "ass.")

18. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

Depending on context, sometimes bad means good. Example:

Guy 1: Did you see the new Star Trek movie?
    Guy 2: Yeah. That movie was badass!

Those crazy kids these days and their slang. :p

19. Rowan Sjet

Rowan Sjet Commodore Commodore

When you say, "I want to see that movie really badly!", all it means is that your desire to see it is great. Not in any negative way.

20. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

I agree with Christopher. Badass invokes a certain amount of attitude. Which Superman should not have.

I am very excited about this. I am glad to see Martian Manhunter included. One of my favorite characters on the series but very underused. Hope his powers are restored soon.

Edited to add -

I would not mind at all if it was revealed that he never really lost his powers. Or at least regained them and never told Clark. Either way he would explain that he did this so Clark would not be dependent on his help all the time. Pushing him to take more responsibility and initiative.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2010