Smallville 9x03 "Rabid" - Discuss/Grade <SPOILERS>

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by nx1701g, Oct 9, 2009.

?

Grade "Rabid"

1. SUPERMAN (Excellent)

13.9%
  2. Red/Blue Blur (Above Average)

33.3%
  3. CLARK KENT (Average)

30.6%
  4. Kal (Below Average)

13.9%
  5. BIZARRO (Poor)

8.3%
  1. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I wish they didn't move it...personally I think The CW is a waist.

The only shows I watch are Smallville, Supernatural & The Vampire Diaries...I did watch One Tree Hill...but it doesn't interest me anymore.

S.

2. Lookingglassman

Lookingglassman Admiral Admiral

It was okay.

I was hoping for Clark to do more fighting against zombies.

I don't get the whole Zod story line. Didnt he possess Lex and Clark banished him to the Phantom Zone? How did he get out and where did this army come from?

Green Arrow' storyline is boring. WHy is he even feeling bad? It has been so long I have forgotten what drove him into depression.

Chloe needs to die. She is turning into a whiner. Why is she spying on Oliver and the rest. I heard them talking about it, but the excuse sounded lame.

3. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

The implication is that Zod and Co. are copies of the originals and were from a time before Zod became "evil" and was sent in the phantom zone.

Chloe has outlived her usefulness on this show by several seasons. Personally, I don't think the writers know what to do with her anymore, so they keep giving her story lines that feel forced, unneeded, or goes nowhere (does anyone remember when she was a meteor freak?).

The last two episodes, she was all mad at Clark, but it was completely unbelievable (at least at the extent of it) and it didn't really work.

4. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, her meteor power (the healing) mysterious went away after the Brianiac incident.

5. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

It was gone way before then.

6. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

She's like my personal opium. As soon as she walks in a scene all my scepticism goes numb and my suspension of disbelief swells into a monstrous life of it's own that i am afeared of being taken over and ejected as stool from what was once my own body. i dare not war with my lust for Chloe or it will beat me like drum in a def leopard coverband.

7. Taylirious

I enjoyed Chloe when she was infected by Braniac. Chloe playing Watchtower is interesting better than Torch Chloe...which I hated. I never really cared for the character but she is the only female from Smallville I have had sexy dreams about...twice :drool:. Too much Info??? :eek:

:devil:

S.

8. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Not at all.

Please continue.

God help us though, did you think you were Welling?

9. Taylirious

Um no I was me. She was amazing :eek: ...I am going to stop this is getting off topic.

I will say this about "Rabid" it beats those episodes with meteor-freak beauty queens and homicidal plastic surgeons.

S.

10. the Dagman

the Dagman Commodore Commodore

They are actually two distinct beings that diverged from a single one many years ago. Zod did not go bad, betray the ruling Science Council of Krypton and get sentenced to the Phantom Zone for eternity until he was a General. This Zod is Major Zod (a couple of ranks below General). Or at least this Zod was grown from a blood sample and stored memories of Major Zod contained within the Orb that Tess unleashed at the end of last season. The fate of General Zod remains the same, as the clone Major Zod has no bearing on what happened to the General. The Orb was apparently a genetic back-up file of Krypton's elite, designed to keep the race alive should Jor-El (the Orb's creator) fail to save his people from Krypton's destruction.

What I think is confusing you is that the clones don't yet realize they are clones. They assume they are the originals who were somehow transported to Earth.

And there is a clone of Jor-El running around in Turkey now as well (and likely the only one of the new Kryptonians who has a real idea of what is going on, since he has the memories of why the Orb was made and why blood samples and memories were duplicated in it). A duplicate made from before he and Lara had a son most likely. It is going to be interesting to see him meet a grown son he never knew he had. And I wager he gets a trip to the Fortress, a download of the memories that his older AI self in the Fortress has, and his full powers unleashed. And I like their choice for the actor to play him, as long as they dye his hair black. I won't say who it is. Spoilers are out there if you want them.

11. Taylirious

I guess he works, I will say who it is
    Julian Sands

S.

12. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I went in not knowing what to expect. Then when I saw Lois, or rather, just before she turned around, I thought... Hey, they're jumping on the latest Zombie bandwagon. What's with all the zombie stuff out now anyway? Is it because of Zombieland?

Anyhoo...

The highlight of the episode? Ollie gettin' it on with the police officer. :lol: :techman:

I don't know why she's surprised. Everyone's got platinum these days. ;)

I have the same thought everytime I see those closing credits.

13. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

I wonder if he does his Producer work dressed as a crazy clown?

14. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

I liked the rabid Lois very scary looking. Of course the whole seeding clouds rain thing had me rolling off the couch in laughter.

15. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ Me too.

16. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

Turrible!

[/charles barkley]

17. Sketcher

Sketcher Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Does anyone know what Oliver's saying to Clark when they encounter each other. It started out with Oliver calling Clark Kent the king of buzzkill, then I swear he goes on talking about Clark and a pet rock, and something about having his money on Doomsday. Does anyone know what he's actually saying, or have a transcript of the diologue?

18. Rowan Sjet

Rowan Sjet Commodore Commodore

He's talking about the last time they saw each other, when Clark went off to fight Doomsday (the pet rock).

EDIT: Btw, why does the Metallo thread have 8-9 less votes than either Savior or Rabid?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2009