Smallville 8x19 "Stiletto" - Discussion/Spoilers

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Trekker4747, Apr 23, 2009.

?

Grade the episode:

1. Excellent

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  2. Good

13 vote(s)
    39.4%
  3. Average

11 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Bad

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  5. Terrible

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  1. Checkmate

Checkmate Commodore

I've tried watching the last two episodes but get so damned bored I give up half-way through. Not sure why the show is doing it now as opposed to all the really stinker episodes in the past, but I just can't watch it anymore. Sucks. :(

2. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Dagman, you've just about got me convinced. Your theory/scenario is as sound as any I've heard and fits with what we've heard and/or know about the finale. You're right, this would leave Chloe an emotional wreck and give Allison some great material to work with next season.

I also like the part about this forcing Clark to step up to the plate as it were, and finally join the JL.

See you tomorrow night for the commentary.

:techman:

3. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I have long suspected that Allison Mack will leave the series this season and, to be honest, won't be surprised when she leaves.

The Lana theory doesn't work because her green Kryptonite won't have any effect. She would be useless against Doomsday because he's adapted to that type of death, which could explain her getting killed.

I think - if not Chloe - it'll be Tess. Remember its only been implied that she's Mercy.

As I've said in the Terminator threads too: don't trust Ausiello. He's been wrong before.

4. Rowan Sjet

Rowan Sjet Commodore Commodore

I said I'd leave it alone, but just thought I'd let you know that I now believe Oliver to be safe. The other one I mentioned, I'm now 90% convinced will be the one to die.

5. TGTheodore

TGTheodore Writer Admiral

Allison Mack will slide more into a director's role if Chloe is killed off. She's only directed one episode and Smallville would be the perfect place for her to get some more experience before venturing outside the WB/CW cocoon.

To me Chloe has been the main character holding Clark back anyway.

--Ted

6. Rowan Sjet

Rowan Sjet Commodore Commodore

I think this season has shown that, even if this was true before, it's not any more. She's been actively encouraging a heroic secret identity quite a few episodes this season, and even in OOC episodes where she's telling him to cut down on the heroics and quit the Daily Planet to protect himself from Tess, Clark brushes off her arguement and tells her he's going to continue doing what he's doing. That doesn't sound like he's being held back.

Honestly, I roll my eyes every time someone accuses Chloe of slowing Clark's development, and not the actual writing team dragging out the story for years so they can keep a steady pay check.