Shirley Temple has passed away

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by EmoBorg, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

Mar 8, 2001
    Kaled bunker, Skaro
    I know that, I was just trying to figure out who was the biggest child star of today.
  2. Casting Couch

Casting Couch Admiral Admiral

Feb 12, 2011
    Gene's office
    Thing is, whoever it is compares to Shirley only if her fame translates into adulthood as well. That's why I went with Drew.
  3. Toxteth O´Grady

Toxteth O´Grady Captain Captain

Feb 19, 2006
    Illinois, USA
    My mom LOVES Shirley Temple. She has a collection of porcelain dolls from the 80s and 90s that she bought and still has in a display case.

As far as starring in a multitude of movies as a child and leaving a legacy that lasts for decades, I don't think there is a modern version of that. The Olsen twins may have come the closest, but they're really only known for starring in a long-running sitcom from the time they were infants and making, what seemed like, an infinite amount of direct to video movies. Will they be remembered 40-50 years from now? Probably not.
  4. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nov 30, 2009
    Northern Ontario, Canada
    Yeah, it's doubtful for sure. She had a unique situation and I think her career came along at the right time. She was a gifted young actress with a lot of devotion, though I'm sure her parents had a lot to do with it. And the interesting thing is, she's not just looked at as a good child actress, but a good actress in general, and I think that's part of the appeal and why she'll be remembered for some time.
  5. Albus Severus

Albus Severus Vice Admiral Admiral

Jan 9, 2002
    May she rest in peace. She lived a long, fulfilling life.
  6. Keith1701

Keith1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Dec 26, 2002
    Warner Robins Georgia
    Rest in Peace, Shirley