SF Debris quick STID review [spoilers]

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by free2131, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Franklin

Franklin Vice Admiral Admiral

Ebert's movie review was considered "rotten" on Rotten Tomatoes, but he mostly didn't like it for what it didn't do. As far as what he wished to see goes, he ends the review with,

He said the movie dealt with "narrative housekeeping." There were good character moments, but all the action was mostly just confronting a larger and better armed Romulan ship.

If you think STID tested personalities and involved deviousness, then you may want to guess the late Mr. Ebert would've liked STID more than ST. Who knows?

Full review here:
    http://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/star-trek-2009

2. Commishsleer

Commishsleer Commodore Commodore

When Kirk was told by Marcus just to kill Khan, would the right thing to have done be to kill him? I mean Kirk was in trouble for not obeying orders - to learn anything he would have done as Marcus said and toed the line.

When he goes after Khan he tells Spock that Spock is the right person to be captain at that juncture that he is the one who needs to deal with Khan. Has he learnt anything there? Maybe

Really had Kirk done anything wrong except file incorrect reports? Maybe thats what he's learnt. Get your reports in synch. He certainly would save Spock and the pre-Warp planet again in the same circumstances but lie about it better

3. MrPointy

MrPointy Captain Captain

Re: SF Debris quick STID review

Funny thing is that my thread and free's thread were posted at the exact same minute.

4. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Explained in the film, Roger. ( Oh, and at the time of the Vulcan incident they didn't have the transwarp beaming formula yet. )

5. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Re: SF Debris quick STID review

Clearly, they were meant to be together. :)

6. newtontomato539

newtontomato539 Commander Red Shirt

Roger Ebert:

"I hate Star Wars."

"I know I said I hate Star Wars Episode IV. But since Star Wars is now popular, I look like a schmuck. I love Star Wars Episode IV."

"I love Star Trek 2009. But it's not the Prime timeline. I hate it. It must be the Prime timeline. Why? Because I said so. But its good space opera. I love it. But I hate space opera. But I love Star Wars Episode IV. I'm not a schmuck."

:wtf::eek:

:rofl::guffaw:

I have never taken whatever he said seriously.

7. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral