Season 3 Theatrical Event Date Revealed

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Dream, Feb 5, 2013.

1. EnsignRedshirt

EnsignRedshirt Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

That is awesome!

2. NewHorizon

NewHorizon Captain Captain

After being told that we weren't getting the Season 3 event in Canada, now we ARE getting it in Canada. :) Well, at least we're getting it here on Prince Edward Island. I'm completely shocked. I was told originally that the rights couldn't be secured. I sent emails to a couple of the Canadian event distributors but they never responded. Nice to see they managed to get it this time. :)

3. M'rk son of Mogh

M'rk son of Mogh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've had my ticket for a number of weeks now, maybe it was just your neck of the woods?

4. NewHorizon

No, I was told by organizers that the rights for this event were unattainable in Canada for some reason and that it would be US only. Things changed apparently.

5. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Last edited: Apr 20, 2013
  6. M'rk son of Mogh

M'rk son of Mogh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, they lied. And you should call them on that.

I live in Canada, and have had my ticket in my pocket since March 19th. Unless things changed before that date.

7. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm more excited about this, than Into Darkness.

8. NewHorizon

Something definitely changed. lol I started hounding people about it back in February and asked a few different people to write in and show support for the event, pointing out the importance of the episodes. Maybe the people I spoke to didn't know the real deal, or someone actually listened. Not sure, just happy we're finally getting one of these events on PEI. I've gotten half a dozen friends lined up to go see it. Tickets are bought.

9. Mott the barber

Mott the barber Commodore Commodore

Got my tixs! Going with my dad. This is gonna be the bees knees.

10. dg1379

dg1379 Commander Red Shirt

Was supposed to go with my dad, but work suddenly decided that he was needed for an audit that night; even though he put in the night off weeks ago. Now I'm stuck with an extra ticket; possibly 2 if my other friend cannot go.

11. omnirad

omnirad Commander Red Shirt

I am going with my partner, who I have been indoctrinating into a Trekker for the past 4 years. He seems more excited than I am! I said, "Well, I've seen this, like 50 times already.". He didn't believe that could be so.
    Here's a question. Will they show it in 'two episode' parts, with the fade out of Riker's "FIRE", and 'To Be Continued', or will both parts flow into one? That moment made the summer of 1990 so exciting!

12. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Anyone know if they will show the behind the scenes footage before or after the BOBW feature? :confused:

I'll probably take off if it is after BOBW.

13. NewHorizon

It's the bluray theatrical cut.

14. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Yep. It should be one long uncut episode with the exception of the fadeouts to commercial. Unless they got rid of those too, in which case that would be fantastic!

15. jimbotron

jimbotron Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think someone said the episode is edited so that after Riker says "fire", it cuts straight to the deflector firing. That means the brief reaction shots while the deflector is charging up have been removed.

16. SpHeRe31459

SpHeRe31459 Captain Captain

Yep from TrekCore's review of the Blu-ray disc:

I have my ticket :) TrekCore says there will be a Season 4 preview included :D

17. SpHeRe31459

It should be before, I haven't gone to the TNG events yet. Way back when I went to The Menagerie event when TOS Remastered started and it was also before the main event. I assume it will be a ~5 minute version of the full documentary. That's how other events have been.
    Ex: http://trekmovie.com/2012/11/30/reviewrecap-of-star-trek-tng-s2-theater-event-watch-s2-gag-reel/

18. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

The listing at my theater for the entire event is 120 minutes or two hours. We all know BOBW was 90 minutes long, so the behind the scenes stuff should be at least 30 minutes.

19. SpHeRe31459

Yeah that's right, I forgot it says it's 2 hours. So yeah I bet the whole doc is shown then.

20. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

Really lookin' forward to tomorrow night!

:borg: