Schematics made with Vance's toolkit

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Sean_McCormick, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Sean_McCormick

Sean_McCormick Captain Captain

Since i now can post images here, i thought it a good idea to share some of the scematics, i've done with Vance's toolkit. If anybody else wants to show schematics done with the toolkit, feel free to add it here.

So, here are some of my schematics:

Congress class heavy cruiser

This is supposed to be an intermediate design between the Horizon and Constitution classes. Republic might have been build to this configuration and ships of the Horizon class might have been refitted to this specification.
    The general arragement is similar to the Horiozon/Daedalus, but the primary hull has developed into the familiar saucer shape.
    The shortened B and C deck structure is directly inspired by EliyahuQeoni's Yorktown, the more blockier impulse engines follow a similar reasoning than on his design, but were in place on this design before he put them out on one of his revisions.

[​IMG]

Zuikaku class heavy cruiser

Another intermediate design, this time between Horizon and my Congress classes. The engineering hull is the same as on Congress and the primary hull is an intermediate step between the sphere of Horizon and the saucer of later designs.

[​IMG]

Destiny class survey cruiser.

A variant of the Zuikaku, the Destiny adds a second sensor dish facing aft and therefore moves the front facing main sensor down to make room in the forward main hull for the hangar bay. Shortening the interconnecting dorsal was necessary to compensate for changes in the warp-field caused by the lowered main sensor.

[​IMG]

Argus class scout

A first attempt in creating a smaller design without a secondary hull similar to FJ's Saladin and Hermes based on the main hull of Zuikaku.

[​IMG]

Sagittarius class destroyer

Another attempt to adapt the one hull, one engine design of Saladin and Hermes on a spherical main hull. The Bussard collector has been removed from the nacelle, which has been connected to the hull in a similar fashon to the Mann class, and is connected on the front side of the hull.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 10, 2008
  2. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Great Designs they make for a good addition to the Pre-Tos ship era :)

3. AmbassadorKosh

AmbassadorKosh Lieutenant Red Shirt

Yes indeed, good looking additions to the lore of Trek. Although the Sagittarius took a moment to wrap around. :)

4. EliyahuQeoni

EliyahuQeoni Commodore Commodore

Redmond, Oregon, United States of America
    Very nice! I especially like the neck on the Congress and the tweaks to the Daedelus-type primary hulls.

5. Wingsley

Wingsley Commodore Commodore

6. Kendric2000

Kendric2000 Commander Red Shirt

Here are a few I've put together with Vance's toolkits, just for my enjoyment, I endeavored to make stuff look even. But I'm not as good as Vance...lol.

The Oracle Class Listening Post, a quick outpost thats cobbled together with premade structure and parts. Something that Starfleet Intel can assemble at a moments notice, a spy station of sorts.

[​IMG]

And a the Argus Class Cruiser and Dreadnaught. I wanted to make a fast looking Cruiser with the shovel style saucer section. Kind of a quick strike craft.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Kendric2000

Kendric2000 Commander Red Shirt

LOL....I just noticed that Sean made an Argus Class himself....

Great trek minds think alike I guess.... :guffaw:

8. Kaiser

Nice Designs :)

9. Sean_McCormick

Thanks for the positive reception.

@Kendric

Also nice designs. And regarding the names, there are only so much good sounding names, unless you start naming your ships for battlefields of the romulan war or famous politicians of the 22nd century.

10. Wingsley

Sean,

Here are some examples from Masao's Starfleet Museum you may find inspirational:

http://www.starfleet-museum.org/amarillo.htm

http://www.starfleet-museum.org/krechet.htm

This next couple I would love to see as a kind of speciality tug for moving pre-fabbed space stations from Starbase to remote locations; I would reverse the orientation of the whole ship so the bow is the stern and vica versa. The long, tubular section on the stern is the pre-fabbed space station module, which can be jettisoned at the destination, already manned and operational.

http://www.starfleet-museum.org/pioneer.htm

http://www.starfleet-museum.org/conqueror.htm

Here's a neat design, except for the third nacelle; maybe a secondary hull/pod could be attached there, with a deflector dish:

http://www.starfleet-museum.org/wasp.htm

And here's another great design, which has similarities to Vance's recent Armstrong class:

http://www.starfleet-museum.org/moskva.htm

And here are a couple of similar designs:

http://www.starfleet-museum.org/gagarin.htm

http://www.starfleet-museum.org/hyperion.htm

11. jep316

jep316 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm glad someone made this thread..maybe we can get more people to post their Vance's toolkit inspired work.

Here's the first of mine...
    [​IMG]

12. Kaiser

Wow that Mustang looks Bad-ass :drool:

13. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

Seems to have a lot of bells and whistles...

14. jep316

jep316 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Next one...
    [​IMG]

15. Wingsley

I had once thought about making a post-TNG-era intergalactic explorer vessel based on a group of saucers, all attached around a central stardrive hull. Each saucer could be jettisoned, to serve either as a planetfall colony or as a core for a space station. I called the concept the GS Universe.

Depending on how these colony-saucers are expected to function, the saucer-mounted hangar of Vance's Masao-class (uprated/TMP) might add functionality to each of them.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2008
  16. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

I don't know about the saucer being the ideal shape, though. I'd much sooner go with something like FJ's starliner pod for use with a tug, or even one of Jackill's dedicated civilian ships.

17. Sean_McCormick

Please don't do that. We do not want Vance to get pissed and revoking the permission to use the toolkits. He asked to not take parts from his finished schematics from a specific point on and the Soyuz definetly came after that point.
    I personally try to only use the Toolkit itself and not cut out anything from his finished designs.

18. Harry

Harry Captain Captain

I like the idea of using standard saucers for an outpost. I'm not entirely convinced it can be built 'at moments notice', but it does fit nicely with the (somewhat) modular bases like K-7 and the TMP orbital complex.

19. Furlong

Furlong Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

If you can forgive a slightly dumb question, but where does one find this toolkit?

20. Sean_McCormick

The link is on the bottom of my schematics.