RIZZOLI & ISLES tv series and book series disscusions and comments

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by timothy, Jun 15, 2011.

1. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

From the teaser of the winter season...Hide and Seek.

Abducted. Very spooky when Suzie showed up. :eek:

Professional courtesy, or dis-courtesy? :thumbdown:

Epic fail in the making. :beer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKiyrj0wsD0

Maura can be such a bad ass when she needs to be. :bolian:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUot6_ydKvc

Maura tries to defend herself with a journal, amongst other things, from the 2nd ep Murderjuana. :crazy:

Maura gets high. :nyah:

Maura asks.... and Jane delivers. :razz:

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  2. JanewayRulz!

I forgot about this vidder.

Valentina's take on "Hide and Seek"

And on "Murderjuana".

TNT's last scene In "Murderjuana"

And TNT's promo for this past week's "Scared to Death".

3. JanewayRulz!

Speaking of "Scared to Death", I really liked this week's ep, from the murder of the week, the progress they made on discovering Jane's hacker, the update on Jane's living situation, the increasing involvement of Holiday's police life outside of the "Brick", Jane's continuing torture of her younger brother, another look at the private life of Korshak and Jane's worry of how it will affect her professional life.

TNT clips from this week.

Frankie is an arachnophobic, and Maura an accessory.

Next week's promo. East meets West.

4. JanewayRulz!

Wow.

This is excellent.

It covers the summer finale and winter premiere.

5. JanewayRulz!

Another fun week with the girls...

... although I really question Maura's judgment if she's taking medical advice from ANGELA! :lol:

Of course... I also think Kent's suggestions are even more suspect. :crazy:

"I'm taking you with me." :beer:

Again, I liked this week's ep, although the murder of the week wasn't as interesting as last week's outing.

They did a very good job about showing how Maura was trying to deal with her PTSD and how the people around her impact her recovery.

"Sorry, its about Nina." :nyah:

ETA next week's promo.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
  6. JanewayRulz!

:lol::lol::lol:The flu last week made me drop the ball on last week's ep. Which means Jane's obsessing on Maura leaving "one day" isn't as understandable without her previous obsessing about Korsak.

Suffice to say, during the "Scared to Death" ep, Korsak took his relationship with Kiki to the next level. :beer:

The vidder cut the above clip early, here's the rest of that scene where Jane realizes how this particular crime scene may be affecting Maura. :sigh:

Even though Jane wants Maura to "play it cool" around Korsak, Jane's not above needling him, herself. :lol:

I really liked last week's ep, and am continually grateful that a new show runner took over in season 5 - (soon to be) 7. She's done a great job at refocusing on the core family of characters, along with improving the murder of the week.

7. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Season finale next week and the final season this Summer...I'm really going to miss this show. But I guess it'll be in reruns for a long time.

8. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon I love Star Trek Discovery Premium Member

I finally finished season 5. Yay!!!!!!!!!!

This can be a very fun show at times. I love the banter between Jane and Maura.

There was an episode this season that started with a wide shot of the city from the air, and a radio playing saying "why are you still up at this hour" and I kept wondering why it would be late when you can clearly see lighted sky on the horizon. I will look for the episode in question later on but that scene is one that stands out to me because I thought it didn't look at all late.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
  9. JanewayRulz!

Angie was on "The Talk" last week. I did not realize the con girl a couple weeks ago was her daughter. :techman:

I really enjoyed last week's bomb ep. Jane, like the cactus is definitely a survivor.

Jane is right.

Maura is the dumbest genius I've ever met.

Korsak has a question for Jane.

This collection of clips skips Korsak telling Jane to leave.

Another good ep, one that advances the Jane has a stalker theme as well as entwining Jane deeper in her familial and work relationships.

Although I have to wonder why Maura had to be the one to call in "favors" to get the limpet teeth for Korsak.

Now that's a sentence I never envisioned myself ever writing.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
  10. JanewayRulz!

Valentina's take on last week's ep.

And the week before, when "east met west".

Sasha at Dinner at Tiffani's.

Q&A with Sasha last month, about R&I and Shameless.

ETA another Valentina video, this one about "Scared to Death".

Like the song but the vid is not as inspired as past ones she's complied. Included it anyway because we see get to see Korsak give Kiki the engagement ring AND we see Angie's real life kid playing the con-girl.

11. JanewayRulz!

Oops

Forgot to list tomorrow night's season 6 finale.

12. JanewayRulz!

Oh horse hockey! :brickwall: (Name the show that epithet comes from)

I'm TIRED of cliff hangers! :scream:

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ack:

13. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

WTF. How did the sniper know about a wedding that was just decided upon "20 minutes" ago? I call bullshit on the writers of the episode.

14. JanewayRulz!

Well, to be fair I assumed she wanted to be delivered to the Dirty Robber because she knew Jane (along with many other cops) frequently stop there after work. The wedding was just "icing on the cake" for her vengeance.

15. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Talk about a cushy job...Annabeth Gish is listed as guest starring in two episodes in which she only appeared in a photograph. Did she get the same pay if she had had a speaking role in the show or what?

16. JanewayRulz!

Thankfully, this vidder is such a Maura Isles fan she (?) plucks out many great scenes to showcase each week.

At least most of the time these scenes also include Jane. :cool:

And, unfortunately, also Kent. :rommie:

At least Jane knows how to put him in his place. :razz:

Can you imagine JANE deferring to an out of state investigating team on a BOSTON murder scene?

Kent does look good in a kilt, but how long does it take to iron 2 (?) pleats?

Maura has planned what Jane will wear at her wedding?

I like Jane's reasoning why a strapless dress would be INapproproate. :beer:

17. Gingerbread Demon

Who would you rather sleep with Jane or Maura?

18. JanewayRulz!

^^If I have to pick someone from the show... I would pick Maura's professor boyfriend who moved to Arizona or her doctor boyfriend who works in Africa. :drool: (NOT the surgeon who operated on Jane, he was an ass :thumbdown: ) None of Jane's ex's sparked my interest, even Col Casey. :ack:

With apologies to the Rizzles, I really do see these two as great friends who love one another and if they ever sleep together... that's "all" they do. Sleep. That's why Maura sees Jane's role in Maura's wedding as maid of honor, not bride. (Should Jane take umbrage at the fact that Maura thinks she'll find someone to wed before Jane does? :nyah: )

But, after watching the show for 6 years and being exposed to many Rizzles comments in search of things to illustrate the show, I realize that subset of the audience needs to see their life (F/F) on the screen as much as I do (BFF).

Speaking of the finale, here's Valentina's take on it.

19. Gingerbread Demon

I'd pick Jane. Maura tends to be a bit talky and less emotional at times. Sort of Bones Lite. Now there's a TV character that does annoy me. 7 or 8 years of that show I think and I felt they never really developed her character's feelings side much. I love the show but they way she's played sometimes just annoys the hell out of me. Jane Rizolli however is hella cool.

20. JanewayRulz!

Well, Jane does have the "tall, dark and beautiful" shtick down pat. :bolian:

Here's Jane hearing the bad news on the woman who's obsessed with her. (I'm happy that its "obsessed" with Jane's success and not with Jane's sexualty.) :vulcan:

Here's a more complete scene of the announcement of the third try at Korsak's wedding.

Korsak sings, Nina dances, and Frankie kisses the artist. :alienblush:

Jane dancing and Maura dictating. :beer:

ETA: The Toast.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016