Revolution - season 1 part 2 -

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by DarthTom, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

'Revolution' Adds Rockne S. O'Bannon for Season 2

2. degra

degra Fleet Captain Newbie

I gave up early on,,,weak writing, bland characters, flashbacks(must every post Lost show employ them), mystery laden mythology(haven't they learned they suck) and yet another global conspiracy,,,I guess kripke doesn't think there have been enough of those LOL.

expect a sophomore slump,,,that always happens to any of these type of shows that actually get renewed. But I don't know how worse the show could get

3. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I gave up, too. Yet IV found I can keep up with the general storyline just by reading the posts here!

4. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

How long was the doctor in that town? It was definitely isolated...remember Miles' comment to his nice "You ARE a hick". If she was in the town for a while...not much communication

Miles & Nora knew a lot about Georgia because 1) Miles was a general and 2) Nora traveled a lot herself (and/or was part of the Monroe Republic)

The trading with Europe seemed ike a recent thing and/or rumor.

So it looks like hints for season 2:

1) Aaron gets reunited with his wife
    2) There is a connection with iPhone doctor's kids (new romance for Supergirl? Teen lover angst?)
    3) War with Texas

5. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

I wonder if the power will be back on for everyone by the end of the season? That would make it interesting going forward into season 2, in terms of how everyone deals with power 15 years later. Beyond nukes I wonder how is would effect the various political factions.

6. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't know if this is good or bad, does this mean we will get aliens in Season 2?? lol

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't mind the idea, but I think I'd rather wait until at least Season 2 or 3, so we can get more of the post-blackout world established before they change it so drastically. But then again they changes that are just as drastic at the end of the first season of Once Upon A Time and I loved what came from them, so that could end up being the case here too.

8. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Turning on the power will probably be the season ending cliffhanger.

9. Bob Morton

Bob Morton Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'm thinking the season cliffhanger will be choice between turning the power back on or fixing something terrible that Monroe has unleashed, like a bio-weapon.

"If we reprogram them to cure the Anthrax, we'll never get the power back on!"

"If we don't cure the Anthrax, we won't need the power on!"

10. Mr. Laser Beam

^ Surely it would be easier to fix things (in general) WITH the power back on? :confused:

Indeed, if the nanites are reprogrammed to cure something like a bioweapon, I'd assume they would no longer siphon all the power away.

11. Sto-Vo-Kory

Sto-Vo-Kory Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Since the beginning, Kripke has compared Revolution to Lord of the Rings. Sword fighting, medieval economy/government, lack of modern conveniences, crossbows -- you can kind of see it if you squint just right.

Now, we have a quest for a Tower and the nanites becoming indistinguishable from magic (in the last few episodes, we've seen the nanites heal people -- or rather, keep them alive -- and set people on fire).

I predict that the show will NEVER turn the lights back on (the entire "high concept" of Revolution is what happens after the lights permanently go out) and we'll see the world become more "high fantasy." More nanite magic, less bullets. More Game of Thrones, less Jericho.

That's my guess, anyway.

12. Mr. Laser Beam

The quest for a "Tower" and a "Randall F." on the show? I'd expect more of a Stephen King motif. ;)

13. Morpheus 02

I vibe with what you're saying...I am guessing that the Tower will be blown up...but what that does is take away any immediate hope of the power returning...but then we find out that other scientists are out there, who can reconstruct the tower...and that will be the finale of the show. In the meantime, each season might be a quest to find certain scientists, living across the country

14. EmoBorg

EmoBorg Commodore Commodore

That was an interesting episode. Monroe having a son with Emma in his younger days and not knowing about it. Aaron having an emotional reunion with his now ex wife. Miles killing that Georgia Federation soldier for killing Emma. Neville joining the Georgia Federation. A lot of things going on in that episode.

15. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

Yes. Just about the only thing not happening is someone getting a headshot on Monroe. Seriously, is that guy made of rubber bands? The moment Emma was dead, someone should have obliterated that guy.

16. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The writers really solved a lot of the show's problems this week! That is, if the problems were that we just didn't have enough chicks that Miles has banged show up, and that Monroe wasn't a cartoony enough villain...

Very clever, since they completely abandoned Charlie as a main character, that they snuck in the teenage love triangle flashbacks to hit that demo hard.

Monroe's plot... is to round up the entire town he grew up in... and burn everyone to death? Really? They need to set up a simple test for their scripts... anytime they have Monroe do anything they need to ask themselves... "Was Hitler evil enough to do this?" I mean, I really don't think so. And it doesn't get much worse than Hitler. They need to tone Monroe down to Hitler levels. :lol:

And boy oh boy, can you blame Miles for not wanting to take that shot? I don't see how! It's not like he was 20 feet away with an assault rifle + ACOG scope while Monroe was exposing oh.... 90 percent of his body after failing Saddam Hussein's Human Shield 101 course in community college.... I like how like how the Georgian asshole (The jerk store just called and told me they were running out of him) shot the girl once, and when she fell to the ground exposing General Monroe completely nobody bothered with a follow-up shot. Or for that matter nobody on the Monroe end returned fire in a timely fashion. Ugh...

It's like they challenge themselves to make these scenes play out as silly as humanly possible.

And how about the awesome b-plot with fat google seeing his old trophy wife? That first time, man he almost had her! Unfortunately right when he was looking straight at her he had a flashback and he lost track of her. Damn you flashback! Luckily for him, the Bounty Hunter decided to take her out for beers at the bar and he eventually caught up with them. Close one.

It did end on a minor bright note with Giancarlo Esposito giving us the ol' Gustavo smirk at least.

17. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

I gotta say, I'm not that interested in Tracy Spiradakos as a main character, and don't particularly need her to be part of a teenage love triangle for this show. I'm guessing the producers feel the same way, so they had to throw in a Miles/Monroe/random chick of the week.

Which by the way makes no sense. I think they need to check their timelines. Was this like 10 years before the blackout (clearly, they went with young actors instead of Burke and whoever plays Monroe, like in the pilot)? This kid is only 11? The blackout happened 15 years ago? WTF?

Oh, and I liked how Emma dyes her hair blood red. Because that's easy to do with no electricity.

Charlie: "I was gonna do it. Really, I was. I was gonna shoot him."

Well then GODDAMN DO IT already!!!

18. Rhaven

Rhaven Captain Captain

I don't understand how Aaron's abandoned wife can be okay with his leaving her like he did. I know it's been 15 years or so, but he left her in the woods, with a bunch of strangers, fighting to stay alive. And she tells him, it's okay? Nope, sorry.

19. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think she just said it to get rid of him. I think the 11 year daughter was a lie or half-truth. I expect she was pregnant when he left her so she has a daughter/son from him... but she doesn't want him to know that.

20. Morpheus 02

I think you're right about that. (I think I mentioned such a theory earlier in this thread). Hopefully we'll see more of that next season (since she mentioned the TExas Federation, would probably be the next power to deal with then).