Revolution - season 1 part 2 -

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by DarthTom, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Marten

Marten Captain Captain

These nanites are becoming more magical by the week. Setting the world on fire? The amount of energy needed is staggering. Not to talk about the chemistry of it.

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's like turning a vacuum cleaner from suck to blow.

Those fuckers have been absorbing electricity for 16 years...Have they been routinely purging or are then all tanked?

3. Lyon_Wonder

Lyon_Wonder Captain Captain

For some reason when I saw "Dan", the bald headed guy who seems to be in charge of the Tower, I thought of General Hammond on Stargate SG1. Of course someone else's playing Dan since Ron S Davis died several years ago. Though I can picture Davis portraying this character if he was still alive.

4. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

That was Glenn Morshower who has been in tons of shows and movies. He gets a lot of military type roles, like the colonel in Xmen: First Class.

Anyways, pretty good episode, those coil guns are pretty powerful. I would could see Nevelle taking over the Monroe republic but I can't see them killing Monroe off just yet, especially when they just introduced the whole my son is out there story line.

5. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

6. Guy Gardener

It's an out.

They can kill Munroe.

And then Nevil turns out to be a mad man too.

So they go looking for Munroe Jr.

Although... Rachel has found a new target.

She wants to kill Munroe's son, and watch Munroe's heart break, just before she finally kills the bastard.

7. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

"set the world on fire" was just a colorful phrase. Don't take it so literally.

Besides, it looks like they cause.....

ELECTRIC SUPERSTORMS!!!

:guffaw:

8. Guy Gardener

No, I think we are supposed to take it literally.

During the testing phase there was probably a minor disaster where they exploded a valley when turning the bastards off, and they're not sure why this happened once and not the other 99 times they played out the shut down sequence.

No balls.

Of course there are questions of scale, does this mean earthwide firestorms murdering millions, or the atmosphere boiling off ending life period.

9. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Why are the writers thinking so small? I mean they have a super collider right? You need the super collider to turn the nanites off and there is a chance that using the super collider will cause the Universe to collapse in on itself and explode in a new big bang. A big bang that the nanites might still survive. And become... The Borg. And also Shatner will be there. And he might also write it.

Ok it may be time to go to sleep.

10. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Well this episode either they turn the electricity on, or it stays off the rest of the series. I think they will turn it on but there will be a catch. It may only be certain areas of the world that get it back. Or the electricity comes back but it causes unpredictable electrical storms and they have deal with those going forward.

11. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

The people who have the ability to turn the electricity on in a limited fashion obviously hold the power.

They've setup the plot similar to Rick - [Miles] v. The Govenor [Monroe] or whomever else holds the power.

Thus far the writing in Revolution hasn't been as good as the Walking Dead. It however, IMO has gotten better. And so have the actors in their parts.

12. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

It's too bad they waited until this episode to build some sympathy for Monroe. He would have been a much more compelling character if we'd had a chance to know him a bit better than the stoic cardboard cutout he's been the entire show.

13. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Agreed, they have however done a good job with Tom. Then again, Giancarlo Esposito is a much better actor than David Lyons is as Monroe.

Revolution Cast - character bios

14. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

My feelings on that is that the power being off is the central macguffin of the whole series. Turning it on for season 2 essentially means that we the audience were sold the wrong show...

We were sold a show about "the power being off and the lives of the people after the power goes off."

Instead, we have a show about "people 15 years in the future who fight each other and make dumb decisions, oh and in the first season for some reason there wasn't any power."

Turning the power on would be like if season 2 of Gilligan's Island took place in the middle of Arizona.

(Or like Season 4 of LOST, when they actually aren't LOST anymore. That's when that show jumped the shark.)

15. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

But, this half of the season they are using electricity by churning out these pendants and amplifiers, so electricity is in use and it has become a story of those who have it vs. those who don't. I can see them restoring the electricity but with some type of catch. Maybe there is a catch, for instance, if they use a certain amount of electricity they cause these electric storms or something, who knows.

16. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

As long as nobody flies a plane above Mach 5 or god forbid a rift may form in space time and destroy the planet.

17. Lyon_Wonder

Lyon_Wonder Captain Captain

Revolution Season 2 = Jericho

18. Guy Gardener

Cuba.

I laughed so hard.

John Stewart was making fun of George Bush because he claims that he's been spending his retirement painting. Jimmy Carter builds houses with his bare hands for the poor, Clinton removes disease from the world... and George paints his own feet in the bath tub.

Wouldn't it be such a coup if they got George Bush to play himself next season?

19. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Obviously if there is one place the US can hold indefinitely without electricity or outside support, it's a base in Cuba :lol:

Google's code was pretty funny, and it was also for some reason printed on the access pad to the door an episode or two back, because as we all know door security panels first design goal is to show the source code.

I guess the Plains, Texas, and uhh California aren't worth decapitating in the name of the USA?

Still, for all the silliness, I can't say I wasn't entertained... Though too bad about Nora. I guess that means the closest thing to eye candy left on this show is Charlie? Eep.

20. Guy Gardener

Charlie looks like a 50 year old woman.

Not that 50 year olds ain't on the far edge of what I'm supposed to be into appropriately... But I'm also supposed to be feeling criminally dirty to look at an 18 year old as if she's meat, which doesn't quite follow through when the trade off for leathery crows feet is menopause, and Tracy is probably intolerably fertile.