Reports of explosions at 2013 Boston Marathon

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by JoeZhang, Apr 15, 2013.

1. gturner

gturner Admiral

And I've just been told that the Miranda angle was bogus, and that the did in fact issue him the warning.

2. not

not Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I heard the AG say otherwise at the news conference

3. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

No. I'm good with what I said, and stand by it. He got out of the search area and after the illegal police state was lifted a citizen found him in his boat.

So the cops fucked up big time.

4. not

not Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Crap you are hard on the police; they did a consequential job and it cost some their lives

5. gturner

gturner Admiral

I saw there was a news conference where the AG said they wouldn't be issuing the warning, but I don't have a source for where someone said they didn't skip it. However, if the suspect was unresponsive (possibly another injury from the flash bang) it wouldn't matter yet.

I did see this bit:

Waterboarding, electrodes to the genitals, sleep deprivation: He'll talk. :lol:

6. arch101

arch101 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I agree- the cops got lucky. I have to say, though, that these guys were armed and extremely dangerous. Its a miracle more police didn't meet the same fate as poor Officer Collier. Most of the police involved were in mortal danger, at least for awhile. I still wonder if the brothers left any more bombs around. Assume the doggies will be busy sniffing the city for the next few weeks.

7. Nick086

Nick086 Captain Captain

Russia what a country, before we were getting their criminals inside the country now were getting their terrorists.

8. Data Holmes

Data Holmes Admiral Admiral

I wonder how busy the Boston maternity wards will be in nine months from tonight.

9. bigdaddy

^ Nothing different will be noticed.

It's like the time there was a long blizzard and started reporting on how births went up something like 2.6% for the day and the damn media went "Oh people getting down". But then people looked into it and it was within the margin of error.

10. RJDonner&Blitzen

RJDonner&Blitzen Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Well, that was certainly one of the most amazing events I've ever witnessed. And to see it all play out in places I know and that are a relative stone's throw from where I live is very surreal. A historic terrorist manhunt in Watertown, of all places? The terrorist is taken to Mt. Auburn Hospital, a small facility normally anonymous in the shadow of big guns like MGH and NEMC (well, he was later transferred to BI). If this was a movie, it would be considered far-fetched.

But I'm really impressed with how the people handled it and how the hordes of law-enforcement people worked together to track him down and bring him in. It was an unprecedented situation and it was handled as well as could possibly be. Even the loud, obnoxious media contributed.

Now we wait for Dennis Lehane to write the novelization. :rommie:

But there are still four people dead and dozens maimed and scarred for life. For no reason, other than there are ideologies in the world that warp people's minds and turn them into killers. :(

11. Ln X

Ln X Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I've found a picture of what appears to be the only one of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev leaving the crime scene, it appears that he is not carrying his bag which is at last the first genuinely suspicious image of our suspect. It's in the second main picture in the article in the link below.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout...ng-suspect-two-seen-post-blast-044413005.html

Now if only the pictures of Dzhokhar and Tamerlan Tsarnaev planting the bombs, or dumping their rucksacks, or planting those pressure cookers would surface on the internet, then they would be as good as guilty. Surely the numerous cameras upon the buildings, and the hundreds of people around, would have taken at least a couple of snapshots of the Tsarnaev's brothers planting those bombs?

I haven't managed to find any yet...

12. Collingwood Nick

Collingwood Nick Vice Admiral Admiral

I would be astounded if these men were innocent, after all the drama they caused. Due process must be followed, but there's no question as to their guilt ....

13. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The collaboration between agencies was very impressive.

He's already written an op-ed piece for the NYT. :)

14. bigdaddy

And you never will.

The FBI has the video(s) of them placing the bombs and then exploding soon after. They will obviously never release them because of the horror captured. But the FBI came out the other day and went something like, "This is them, there are no doubts in our minds. We are releasing this mini video and pictures because those are the best to look at their face", but they have a ton more images than the few released.

15. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

Perhaps they are MI-6 agents too.

16. Whoa Nellie

Whoa Nellie Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

There is that chilling picture of the younger terrorist (white hat) standing with the pack that contained the bomb at his feet not far behind the little 8 year-old boy that was killed in the explosion.

I saw it once and as a mommy couldn't bring myself to look at it again.:(

:wtf: They assassinated one police officer in his cruiser, seriously wounded another and threw IEDs at the police. I think that is pretty damning evidence.

Whoa Nellie

17. RJDonner&Blitzen

RJDonner&Blitzen Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

That's fantastic. I love Dennis Lehane, and not just because we're both OFD. His books make me suicidally depressed, but we have a lot in common.

:rommie: Wicked cool. :mallory:

18. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    I thought this was great tribute:

[​IMG][​IMG]

19. Data Holmes

Data Holmes Admiral Admiral

He's an idiot, ignore him.:rolleyes:

20. arch101

arch101 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I know what you mean. White Hat was captured 4 miles from my house in Waltham.