Re-writing the climax of STiD

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by WarpFactorZ, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Smellmet

Smellmet Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I would have been happy with the warp chase going on longer with the Enterprise getting a few shots back, then not conveniently dropping out of warp at the moon (When was Sulu planning on dropping out of warp? He must have the reactions of a fly!) followed by an impulse power chase to earth with Kirk alerting the 'ever present' Earth defences where a nice juicy battle ensues showing other classes of federation ships too. Then the rest of the film plays out as it did, they can keep the reverse TWOK scene, hell even the Khan scream if they insist, just show me some Enterprise in action - not noisy explosions of the Enterprise getting its ass kicked without returning a single shot that are over so quick you can't tell what's even on the screen.

2. Opus

Opus Commodore Commodore

He's a human with genetically engineered superhuman-like abilities?

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  3. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

That is a pretty generic reminiscence. I doubt that without the Khan plot he would have been. Either he would have been naturally skilled, or some sort of human-alien hybrid.

So, what else reminds you of Khan?

4. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

hee hee

5. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

How the fuck do you know?

And I'm sure if, Chang, Soran, Ru'afo, Shinzon, and Nero can--in some way--remind people of Khan, I'm sure someone would have come up with something for Harrison.

6. Coloratura

Coloratura Snuggle Princess Premium Member

Pfft. In what way does a highly intelligent, genetically engineered man from hundreds of years in the past, and bent on conquest and/or revenge remind you of Khan?

Also, none of those things count as an answer, because they would turn my point against me, so you can't think them either.

7. Happy Xmas (War Is Over)

Happy Xmas (War Is Over) Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Arrogance. Megalomania. Batshit crazy.

Sounds like Khan to me.