Re-booting TNG For TV?

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by Jetfire, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

A TNG re-boot for TV could be awesome...if done like the 2009 movie which all of you liked so much. :p
  2. CaptainMatt

CaptainMatt Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Dec 11, 2011
    Sector 001
    No no I don't really want a rebooted TNG series. If they are going to make another series, just make it something more original than yet one more reboot in a popular fantasy franchise. Only one thing worse than sequels i my book, and that is endless reboots!
  3. GemHaters

GemHaters Captain

Jan 7, 2012
    Deep Space 9
    I always cringe when I read the word "reboot". It generally ends in disaster. I don't think anything needs to be rebooted, we simply need a new series all together. But unfortunately, with JJ Abrams' nuTrek, I don't see another series in the near future.
  4. infinix

infinix Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Feb 16, 2011
    East Coast
    Since all the rage now is mystery solving dramas (whether it be criminal or medical or judicial or international espionage), I fully expect the next Trek series to be some type of hybrid CSI/Law&Order/House/Dexter/etc. in space.
  5. The Castellan

The Castellan Commodore Commodore

May 2, 2004
    The Plains of Cydonia
    Pity I hate CSI and Law and Order.
  6. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Jul 4, 2008
    Dayglow, New California Republic
    Nahh, all they need to do to cater to that is have more in-depth analysis bits.

Picard: "Data, you and Geordi analyze this shit."

(Skip to the next scene, they've already analyzed it)

Theoretical CBS Show:

Picard: "Data, you and Geordi analyze this shit."

(The next scene is Geordi and Data in a lab analyzing that shit. On the side, they're having personal conversations that reveal things about them as characters.)