Ratings are in !

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Archangel, Oct 10, 2006.

1. EstoniaKat

EstoniaKat Lieutenant Red Shirt

Interesting that "Master" never bothers to respond when his comments are challenged.

2. Samuel T. Cogley

Samuel T. Cogley Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh, he responds. But the responses are either non-sequiturs, or just more of the same.

3. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, the last time I mentioned this one to him, I was flat-out ignored, but I wasn't very direct about it, so I was kinda hoping that if I came straight out and called him on it, I might get a real response. Not likely, but I can always hope.

4. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

He does the same when it's pointed out that his other claims - that the script for the mini was influenced by the DeSanto thing, or that oldBSG fans on certain other boards gave this series a fair chance - are fabrications.

5. Gregsmack

Gregsmack Captain Captain

When a show like BSG begins, the fans rant and rave about how "mainstream" audiences are missing out and how ratings don't mean anything because most mainstreamers wouldn't know quality if it bit them in the ass. But then when they start to see flaws in their show, they use declining ratings as an indicator that the writers can't write.

It doesn't make any sense.

And I also laugh out loud when I see a guy promoting an original series sequel talking about ratings. Like that piece of garbage would ever see the light of day, let alone get any sort of ratings.

Ratings, ratings, ratings. Whatever happened to enjoying something? Why does anyone need the opinions of others to validate their own tastes? For fans of something as niche as this show, they seem to put a lot of stock in the opinions of a TV-viewing population that would rather watch CSI or American Idol.

6. TheMasterOfOrion

TheMasterOfOrion Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Skiffy has the ratings numbers, BSG getting beat by reruns of Ghost Hunters

Source: Nielsen Galaxy Report, 4/14/08 -- 4/20/08

updating the list
    Season 4

He That Believeth in Me.........301.........04/04/2008......1.6
    Six of One........................ 302.........04/11/2008......1.4
    Ties that Bind.....................303........04/20/08......1.4

Last edited: May 5, 2008
  7. stonester1

stonester1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Don't care.

8. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's getting beaten by Ghost Hunters, but look, it's still the third highest show that week!

9. Warp Coil

Warp Coil Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So long it can beat ECW I'll be happy. I don't understand how wrestling fits into Sci-Fi's target audience or why they air it, but BSG deserves better. And it looks like BSG is doing better than Stargate: Atlantis.

But in the end, it doesn't matter. This is the final season anyway, so it's not like ratings mean much now.

10. TheMasterOfOrion

That's hard to confirm, BSG is only starting its fourth and thanks to Skiffy dragging out the season breaks it won't finish until another 2 years or so. I know Atlantis is now broadcast as reruns but I have not been following Stargate Atlantis so much and it looks like Brad Wright, Joseph Mallozzi and other screwed things up by killing off Weir and replacing her with Sam Carter only to send the Sam character packing a few episodes later. Atlantis went to lows of 1.0 or lower but that was its fourth season and even though it is not heavily advertised on Skiffy it still got ratings of 1.5 in some of its other episodes.

Stargate Atlantis season 5 does not air until late Summer. Back in March 2005 both SGA and nuBSG aired together, both shows were pulling figures close to 2.3. Sometimes BSG would win over SGA and vice versa.

I think the only way to compare both shows fairly is to look at the figures for each season and compare their averages once the seasons have finished. Ratings wise SGA is doing very bad now so IMO setting the bar at SGA levels is not something BSG producers/writers should be aiming for. The reimagined BSG show once got ratings of 3.2 or higher

11. Samuel T. Cogley

Samuel T. Cogley Vice Admiral Admiral

:guffaw:

Yeah, me too.

Don't care.

12. Darth_Pinche

Darth_Pinche Captain Captain

Here here! Call it selfish, but as long as the rest of the episodes are aired and later on dvd, I don't give a shit what the rating are. The US public are dipshits mostly so they will never really watch quality programming. It is easier to forget about the war going on by watching dancing competitions.

13. TheMasterOfOrion

Caprica is getting the Green light

How's nuBSG doing overseas ?

Its a Great British flop

14. backstept

backstept Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

c'mon MOO
    at this point in time does it really matter what the ratings are?

I have the answer for you right here:

NO!

15. MyCylon

MyCylon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Master of Omission strikes again.

16. Bishbot

Bishbot Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Dude, shut up! No-one here cares. No-one. If there was a chance at Season 5 we might be watching the ratings, but there isn't, we know there isn't, the show is ending in 15 episodes time so the ratings mean absolutely fuck all. I'm just happy that enough people I know like and appreciate the show both here and in real life that I get to talk about it each week, that's enough.

17. solariabsg25

solariabsg25 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

BBC1 - in 100% OF UK HOMES

BBC2 - in 100% OF UK HOMES

ITV1 - in 100% OF UK HOMES

C4 - in 100% OF UK HOMES

C5 - in 95% OF UK HOMES

Sky One - is a paid-for cable/broadband service, and it's coverage is even smaller now Virgin Media is no longer showing this channel due to a falling out (just after BSG's "Unfinished Business").

C4 has consitantly been getting Sky's cast-offs (SG-1 and Atlantis after Sky has shown them) and even though officially repeats, the figures for these shows are higher on Channel 4 than Sky, the same for Heroes, which was shown first on Sci-Fi channel (UK), then "repeated" by BBC 2.

18. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

Now, I don't care much about ratings but it looks to me that this season is doing better than last season. I'm glad to see that more people are getting to see this excellent show.

19. TheMasterOfOrion

Never Cry Werewolf 1.3
    Aztec Rex 1.2
    [​IMG]
    Battlestar Galactica 1.2
    Ghost Hunters 1.1
    ECW 1.1
    Hybrid 0.9
    Doctor Who 0.9
    Children of the Grave 0.9
    Eureka 0.8