Ratings are in !

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Archangel, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Archangel

Archangel Guest

"And They Have a Plan"

2. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Which RDM has been consistent in declaring, since the beginning, as David Eick's idea and not something that he conceived of. His original response: "what plan?"

It's a neat little phrase for marketing purposes. Fans who get all stressed out over it need to chill out.

3. Samuel T. Cogley

Samuel T. Cogley Vice Admiral Admiral

What advice do you have for those few people who are not fans, but are still very obviously stressed out about it?

4. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Leave us be? I love discussing the show, for all its virtues and its flaws, but it's getting awfully tiresome having to defend the series from critics who continuously use the same set of stale and ineffectual talking points.

5. Samuel T. Cogley

Maybe if they post the ratings one more time, you will be convinced that you don't actually like the show.

I, for one, am starting to falter. I thought I loved the show, but then some bitter anonymous stranger on the internet kept inexplicably posting ratings statistics for a show that he claims to not like. And now I can't be sure.

Maybe I hate Battlestar Galactica.

I wish someone would just tell me what to think. I am so unsure of my own opinions.

6. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You kidding? I've seen the first three seasons on DVD only, but now that I know the facts (the ratings), I now realize that everything since part two of the mini has been genuine shit. The only reason I haven't burned my DVD's yet is because they're expensive and don't burn well. :(

7. DeafPoet

DeafPoet Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If the show were any good you would be sure! Between that and the ratings that have been posted here I think I finally see the light:

Battlestar Galactica was planned by Ron Moore as an attempt to further his puppy raping/murdering agenda.

8. Archangel

Archangel Guest

So basically you say RDM doesn't lie...I point out one of the many lies from the show and the usual suspects dismiss it out of hand...

color me shocked

9. MyCylon

MyCylon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Watch the show, not RDM or people on this board. It will make you far more satisfied :)

10. Samuel T. Cogley

Rule #2:

If RDM ever lied, the show is bad.

This is all starting to make sense. :eek:

11. archeryguy1701

Okay, let's assume there was never a plan. It was tagged on and TPTB thought they could go somewhere really cool with it. Let's also assume that they decided they were getting no where, and dropped the whole concept. Is that really a reflection on the entire show? Ar you, archangel, really going to let five little words that even preceed the teaser really ruin your enjoyment of the entire show? Or was there never an enjoyment of the show, and you're here because it's fun?

12. Archangel

Archangel Guest

It's more fun watching fanboys sputter and rationalize. There was no abandoned plan, they said so themselves....they lied in the opening to attract viewers. who watched the show turn into Desperate Cylons.

I guess all those people who were fans and "got it" in season one...then left as the show got worse....I guess they suddenly stopped getting it.

But do keep spinning....some of you are approaching Languatron levels.

13. archeryguy1701

So why are you here then? If season one is all you liked, why do you come into every thread about the following seasons and stir up the dust?

Oh, and on your sig: it's needs to be a question mark at the end. :techman:

14. EliyahuQeoni

EliyahuQeoni Commodore Commodore

Redmond, Oregon, United States of America
    Well, except that its not a lie. The Cylons have a plan. Maybe not a well executed one, Maybe one that hasn't changed, maybe one that doesn't make a damn bit of sense to the viewer, but they have one.

Some people--I'm not thinking of anyone in particular--keeps throwing that around as if it was supposed to mean that RDM and Co had a plan, which they obviously didn't past the bare bones series arc. And I don't see why that in and of itself is supposed to be a bad thing.

But the bottom line is, I enjoy the show. I don't give a crap is RDM lies every third word, if the Cylon plan doesn't make sense or if the ratings are in the crapper. None of that effects my enjoyment at all.

No, they just stopped enjoying it, which is fine (if in fact the ratings actually reflect lost viewers and not viewers recording for later viewing or getting the show from iTunes, which is equally possible). Not every show is for everyone. But what is clear is that the fans who continue to watch are still enjoying it. What exactly is wrong with that?

(And yes, Sam, I know I shouldn't take the bait. I'm a weak man....)

15. Archangel

Archangel Guest

LOL.....You rationalizations about the "plan" are hysterical.

16. archeryguy1701

I don't suppose I can talk you out of an answer to my previous question, which I feel is pretty valid right now.

17. Archangel

Archangel Guest

You mean the question that's complete and utter BS?

In the past 10 days I've posted in exactly 6 threads on this forum...3 of them were threads started by me. But don't let reality interfere with you attempts to run me away from your RDM lovefest.

18. MyCylon

MyCylon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nah, wrong team. That's your side.

19. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

Well, here's a plan we've had in place for, ohhhhh.... 3-4 years I think. ;)

This forum is for discussing the series both new and old. It works best when we're not focusing so much of our energies on each other. How about you dial it back instead of being so antagonistic? Antagonism leads to hate. Hate leads to trolling. Trolling leads to infractions.....

Mehh..... you get the idea.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2008
  20. Archangel

Archangel Guest

So.....wait.....he made a complete BS accusation about me posting in every thread....I call him on it.....and you come in after me?

Wow the fanboys must be weak to have to run crying to the mods to fight their battles since they can't actually backup any of their absurd spinning.

warning trolling....blah...blah