Ratings are in !

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Archangel, Oct 10, 2006.

1. TheArsenal

TheArsenal Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Discussing ratings for a show in its guaranteed final season makes about a much sense as discussing President Bush's 2008 re-election chances based on his current popularity polls.

2. TheMasterOfOrion

TheMasterOfOrion Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Capricas is to new-BSG as to what Bush is to the McCain Presidency....in 08, it should be in the bag for the Dems but they will never get their shit together Rival scifi tv shows or scifi ideas from Andrew Cosby, Abrams, DeSanto, David Carson, Brad Wright will continue to stumble because these guys are too busy bickering or shooting themselves in the foot...again they will never get their shit together and besides all that even if BSG pulls dire ratings of a 0.6, scifi will continue to back the reimagined Eick/Moore brand because Bonnie Hammer and Mark Stern always continued loving the series...even when everyone else stopped watching

3. Opus

Opus Commodore Commodore

Who gives a FRAK about ratings? The series is over after this season.

4. Kitty Worrier

Kitty Worrier Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

5. Samuel T. Cogley

Samuel T. Cogley Vice Admiral Admiral

You lost your argument a long time ago. All that's left for you to do now is to return to your crybaby thread in TNZ and nurse your wounds.

You are never going to hear what you want to hear in this forum. And that goes a long way toward indicating whatever personal demons you are avoiding by coming here and trying to piss on thoroughly satisfied Battlestar Galactica fans.

It took me longer than it should have to realize that you were a waste of my time. Like a tick on my leg, you savor the tiny droplets of blood you taste when I foolishly deem some of your whiny rants worthy of a response. It won't happen again. You are not worthy.

And without my drops of blood (and the blood of others like me), you will surely shrivel up and die.

I'm not going to go so far as to put you on ignore, though, because I enjoy watching you struggle under the pin which you have impaled yourself on. Carry on without me. :techman:

(This goes for MasterofOrion, too, who may very well be a different poster than Archangel, but is so similar to him in bitter tone and lack of content that my post applies just as equally to him.)

6. EliyahuQeoni

EliyahuQeoni Commodore Commodore

Redmond, Oregon, United States of America
    Sam, you are my frakkin' hero!

7. TheMasterOfOrion

TheMasterOfOrion Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Sam please take off the tinfoil helmet for a sec,
    PM the Trekbbs moderators - I AM NOT ARCHANGEL or any of the other bbs members you allege

Can you NOT get it into your head that some people might have started to dislike a series they once loved ?
    especially with all the Jihadist and love triangle BS which got shoved into the show?

8. Gep Malakai

Gep Malakai Vice Admiral Admiral

You'll have to get in line. :p

9. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

He was out saving the Internet when your grandfather was in diapers.

Okay, that doesn't make any sense at all. Carry on.

10. Archangel

Archangel Guest

Ahh the thinly veiled dual accusation again...you need a new line.

Of course I won't hear what I want to hear here. The rabid blind fanboys make it a point to drive everyone away who doesn't constantly drool out that BSG is perfect.

I have ratings numbers on my side about how much crap the show puts out showing that it drove fans away.

All you fanboys have is rationalizations of why people don't like it and spin doctoring how ratings mean nothing...or are inaccurate...or whatever.

Again...just looking at you avatar....I'm not surprised you blindly love Desperate Cylons and will attack anyone who points out reality to you.

11. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought I'd replied to this thread but I guess not.

I'm watching BSG till the end, and I'll check out Caprica afterwards, but I'm not annoyed to see the ratings drop as they have. BSG is not an easy sell. It's not intended to be. It goes over the top with the angst, presents uncomfortable, no-win moral dilemmas, and has prickly, annoying characters who are hard to root for all the time, or maybe any of the time. All that is definitely intentional, so I can't say it's wrong or bad the way badly written shows are bad, and there are PLENTY of those to go around.

BSG is great show that's simply not for everyone. If you want a show that's for everyone (or at least for a lot of people), watch American Idol.

Screw the ratings. As long as they're good enough to give us a full story - and four years is a full enough story for this premise - the ratings are fabulous.

12. EliyahuQeoni

EliyahuQeoni Commodore Commodore

Redmond, Oregon, United States of America
    Yeah, you also had some faulty logic about how people recording the show to watch later couldn't possibly affect the numbers.

Hey, if you disagree with the rationalizations why not try rebutting them? Unless its just easier for you to berate everyone here, bitch about RDM and whine that the whole world is against you. In that case, you're doing a fine job.

13. Adm. Bonz

Adm. Bonz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

QTF! :techman:

BSG is not for everyone. If you enjoy watching it, watch it. If you don't, don't. Its really that simple.

I keep reading how season three was bad. How the characters changed, how bad the writing was, etc... but I find myself liking it for those same reasons. It keeps us on our toes, like real life does.

To me, it is perfect.

14. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

To be fair, I think "Black Market" was shit, "Hero" was mediocre, I hated the love quadrangle with a passion towards the end, and I am also pretty sure I hate Roslin with a passion at this point. So, unless these points are what makes BSG perfect, I haven't been driven off. In fact, as far as I know, I'm on good terms with most/ all people here. :)

At this very moment, ratings don't matter for BSG. And, if you saw all of Russ' ratings charts, the drop was happening for all of SciFi's top shows, not just that lousy show BSG.

15. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yes, well, Sci-Fi has been known to kill shows before the end of the contract before; if BSG bombs in the ratings (not that I think this will happen!), I wouldn't be surprised if 4x10 was the last episode.

16. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

The last few episodes are already in production. I think the show is safe at this point.

17. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

They're in production with the back nine already. Sci-Fi has already made the investment. At this point, the series will finish a complete fourth season.

18. kipron

kipron Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

19. MyCylon

MyCylon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Again, just WHY the show went down in the ratings is not a matter of opinion. The fact that it turned into a soap in your eyes as well as that of other people on this board doesn't mean that's the reason the numbers went down in general.

That MAY be the reason (please ackknowledge that I'm actually saying this may be true) but what I'm saying is it's just an assumption at this point - not fact. I've got no numbers to back it up either way but I assume neither do you.

If you do, please present them here!

And there's something else to consider: Check out Russ's rating scale: http://trekbbs.com/showpost.php?p=1512055&postcount=229. The ratings have been in steady decline from the get go with a spike at the beginning of S2 (or somewhere around there) but going downhill otherwise.

How do you explain that? If I understood you correctly, you really liked S1 as well as S2 (or at least parts of that season). So how come there's been a gradual decline throughout?

If you don't like the show, that's fine. And there's no denying the numbers have gone down. The charts clearly show that. But please don't try to sell your assumptions as fact.

20. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^As you said, ratings have been constantly going down, even through season one. What if a large part of that number is BSG TOS folks giving up on the show? In spite of the hate coming up even before the airing of the mini, what if a bunch of the original folks tuned it. They felt that the mini wasn't close enough to their show, so a bunch left. Some tried to hang on, but as time passed, more and more of the TOS group gave up on the show. I'm not saying that TOSers all hate the show, and I'm not saying that all new folks love the show, but what if this was a contributing factor to the ratings, as well as the before mentioned overall and consistant drop on the sci-fi channel.