Ratings are in !

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Archangel, Oct 10, 2006.

1. nevermore

nevermore Admiral Admiral

Um, I posted that in October 2006. It was, in fact, making money for them at the time. I don't know or care whether it is now. I'll thank you not to "refute" any year and a half old posts of mine in the future.

The ratings are irrelevant anyway, it's got this season, and it's done. Which, by the way, I think is a good thing as I prefer limited-run shows; quality over quantity and all that. Why bother belaboring the point? :vulcan:

2. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

Don't you know that if a show has low ratings you're supposed to hate it? You can only like shows with good ratings because we all know good ratings = quality! :devil:

3. Bishbot

Bishbot Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Why should we care if anybody cares but us? We know its a good show and we know its going to end at the end of this season - ratings are beyond irrelevant. If the mouth-breathers that make up most of the population of the world don't want to watch BSG then frankly that's their loss.

(assume I also said that if you're an intelligent person but the show is "not for you" then that's ok too...)

4. TheMasterOfOrion

TheMasterOfOrion Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Ratings matter if Skiffy wants to see the Caprica spin off succeed
    Here's what BSG is up against

Ghost Hunters 1.9
    National Treasure 1.7
    Ogre 1.6
    Stargate Atlantis 1.5
    Destination Truth 1.4
    ECW 1.2
    Gryphon 1.1
    Grendel 1.1
    Snake King 1.0
    Final Destination 2 0.9
    The Scorpion King 0.9
    The Puppet Masters 0.9
    Reptilian 0.9
    Species: Awakening 0.8
    The Arrival 0.7

A sad reflection on the channel when Ghost Hunters and Wrestling are doing so well, I also believe the ratings for this season's Stargate Atlantis are not doing so well.

5. Samuel T. Cogley

Samuel T. Cogley Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, I don't give a shit about Caprica. In fact, I think it's probably a mistake.

So, you're just about all out of ways to convince me that the sky is falling, Chicken Little.

6. Turbo

Turbo Vice Admiral Admiral

Please. If BSG gets a 1.3 average rating, Season 4.5 is a given. They gave Season 5 to Atlantis with an average about there; the ratings didn't improve until after that announcement.

7. Warp Coil

Warp Coil Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I figure that, at this point, ratings don't matter. I don't care if BSG tanks this season, because the show is ending. So long as I get to see the series through to the end, I'll be happy. Sci-Fi won't cancel the series and stop airing new episodes half-way through (they didn't do that with any of their craptacular shows like "Painkiller Jane"). BSG will gets it's complete season order. It will air all 20 episodes. It will end. If the series gets good ratings, that's just icing on the cake.

8. Bishbot

Bishbot Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Exactly - I'm prepared to give Caprica a chance but if it doesn't succeed I don't care in the slightest at this point - we'll always have Battlestar. For example, just because Enterprise sucked and got cancelled doesn't reflect badly on Star Trek: The Original Series.

9. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Why is that? Is Sci-fi going to cancel the show!? :lol:

The ratings for all Sci-fi Channel shows dropped like a rock, BSG is no different.

Sci-fi is a terrible network that has a terrible history of making terrible dictions. Luckily BSG is ending and therefor I will not need to watch the channel unless I'm bored or high.

10. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

Even if the ratins are lie 0.3 they are still going to make Caprica into a show because they have nothing else. :lol:

Let's face it: BSG is the only show sci-fi channel has that is respected.

11. Cyrus

Cyrus Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This thread is obsolete. BSG is a done deal.

12. StarTrek1701

StarTrek1701 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think you are stretching more than those irrational Firefly fans. If it truly was really successful then it would get more seasons and more episode orders and one season would not be stretched thin to two. Face it, the ratings suck.
    Critical acclaim means squat. The audience, the main group that all shows are made for, is what matters. The ratings suck because the audience isn't there. Blame American Idol all you want, fact is it brings in the viewers, hence the ratings and hence the money. But if you really want to compare, why not compare BSG to Heroes? Remember Heroes season 1? It was a smash hit. Season 2 started to be crap so the audience left. Same story with BSG.

13. MyCylon

MyCylon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^
    Irrespective of that fact that I think BSG has remained excellent, quality has nothing to do with ratings.

14. Cap.T

Cap.T Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

15. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I may be misremembering my information, but wasn't Moore planning on close the book after five seasons anyways, but SciFi wanted four? And, for a SciFi channel show, the ratings are pretty decent.

16. Archangel

Archangel Guest

BSG fans and Firefly fans should have a Rationalization-off.

And this is from someone who likes both shows....I just have no problem pointing out the shows and fans BS when I see it.

17. Samuel T. Cogley

Samuel T. Cogley Vice Admiral Admiral

RDM claims he only wanted/needed four seasons to tell this story.

I have seen nothing convincing that contradicts that.

18. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^Okay. I knew it was something close like that, so it wasn't like the writers/ producers were getting screwed on time.

19. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

Ghost Hunters is a money-maker because it is a quality show (and is inexpensive to produce). Please don't insult those of us who love it... obviously there are more of us than you. I happen to watch GH and BSG.
    ECW's popularity only means that the mouth-breathers will watch rasslin' wherever it is shown, even on Sci-Fi. It is a total mystery to me how they decided it should be on Sci-Fi though!!! :vulcan:

20. Muad Dib

Muad Dib Commodore Commodore

I think BSG is the best show currently on TV, and the best sci-fi series ever, and about the only show on Sci-Fi Channel that I watch. It's the only series that I have bought every season released on DVD. I don't own a single season of any Star Trek series, since I refuse to pay Paramount's overinflated premium prices for shows that were already paid for with commercial advertising.