Ratings are in !

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Archangel, Oct 10, 2006.

1. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not if the ratings fall to the point where Sci-Fi isn't making money anymore.

As long as Universal TV Production is willing to pony up the difference between what Skiffy makes from ads at their low ratings, and the actual production costs for the show...

2. TheMasterOfOrion

TheMasterOfOrion Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think they've already signed up so they'll be forced to back it no matter how bad the ratings get. They could always back a cheap-o version of BSG, where the cylons are animated on an old 386 computer in some studio in Cambodia and cast members are replaced by chris crocker & ted mcginley

3. David cgc

David cgc Vice Admiral Admiral

For the love of Pete, can't you grave dig some other topic once in a while?

4. Samuel T. Cogley

Samuel T. Cogley Vice Admiral Admiral

If it distracts him from torturing and killing small animals, it's a good thing.

5. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, for the animals. For us? Not so much.

6. TheMasterOfOrion

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/fea...ctica__comics_series_delves_into_origins.html
    Sackhoff admits that despite her boundless confidence and enthusiasm, the low ratings for "Galactica" are a "bummer" and part of the reason she accepted a role on the short-lived "Bionic Woman" series, which made her realize she should appreciate the richness and complexity of Starbuck.

7. Lookingglassman

Lookingglassman Admiral Admiral

Perhaps if they had quit playing all the stupid games and taking forever to release the Season 3 DVDS and waiting almost a year before showing the show again then perhaps there would have been more interest in it.

I love BSG, but even my interest waned during the hiatus. I'm waiting for them to screw us over with the final 10 episodes. I'm sure they wont air until Fall 2009.

8. Chess Piece Face

Chess Piece Face Commodore Commodore

What do they expect? I'm a hardcore fan and even I lost interest in the year long wait. It's all their doing. This show could be on NBC, as big or bigger a hit than Heroes.

9. TheMasterOfOrion

Actually I read the show was operating at a loss with each episode and costing skiffy money, if people aren't watching the advert slots will make less. That's why they tried to squeeze this season out for another two years. Except this time 'round it might get beat by re-runs of Spongebob and StarTrek Enterprise.

So has it hit rock bottom with Razor or can it drop some more ?

10. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Admiral Admiral

^ Rock bottom will be if Sarah Jane gets more viewers than BSG.

Damn, I thought the new ratings were out, is there any older thread that is still active?

11. Bishbot

Bishbot Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

MoO has been resurrecting all of his "nuBSG SUX!!!" threads since the Season 4 premiere... I think he just can't stand the fact that people are enjoying it.

12. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Considering the ratings dropped as low as 1.2, 1.8 isn't that bad. BSG deserves to have higher ratings but like other serial shows, it's really too hard a show to get into unless you're caught up with everything.

13. Archangel

Archangel Guest

LOL...I saw this thread....I was like "hmm...new ratings" Then I saw **I** posted it .....:wtf:......then checked the post date :P

14. Johnny Rico

Johnny Rico Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Com'on people...this is stupid. Do you really think Sci-Fi is going to cancel this series after the long advertising campaign and this being the final season anyway? They'll let it play out....and yes, for the entire 20-episode order. They'd have a riot on their hands from fans if they'd cancel it before the last half of the season. If you thought Farscape was bad, you haven't seen nothing yet.

Besides, isn't there several other venues/outlets now where you can get access to the episodes? So I'm just wondering how relative these ratings are anymore. Not to mention DVR time-shifted viewing.

15. David cgc

David cgc Vice Admiral Admiral

Considering they've already started shooting the back nine, I would bet a coke that they're going to go all the way. They can't not, at this point.

16. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

The idea that they won't air the back half of season 4 is completely absurd. For Christ's sake they're making a spin off. One does not spin off shows that suck ratings wise. Sci-fi's ratings have gone down across the board.

Of course, at this point since the episodes are already being made and have already been scripted the ratings don't really matter anymore.

17. carriefox

carriefox Ensign Red Shirt

All you guy's are doing is making excuse's for nuBSG. Face it. Nobody cares but you. No matter how many critics kiss BSG's ass.

18. ialfan

ialfan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well the fact is the show got it's fourth season and the producers chose to end the story. The series was not cancelled and was very sucessful for scifi channel. In fact it has been successful enough to get a spinoff.

It is very critically acclaimed which means a lot more than the public liking it. To be honest most of the public are idiots who think American Idol is as good as TV gets.

19. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

True, but networks are still focusing primarily on the TV Ratings rather than internet ratings because the majority of the funding comes from the TV adverts rather than the Online Adverts.

20. Samuel T. Cogley

Samuel T. Cogley Vice Admiral Admiral

I just can't figure out how all this talk about ratings is supposed to have any effect on my enjoyment of the show, which of course, it doesn't. :lol: