Rank the Doctors

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by ToddCam, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

A friend of mine absolutely refuses to watch any of the Eleventh Doctor. She claims it's because of the overabundance of River Song (she's not a big River fan), but I think it's at least partly because Tennant isn't there anymore. :p

2. Skellington

Skellington Part-time poltergeist Rear Admiral

Of course, the above are just today's rankings. If another poll popped up tomorrow I might vote differently.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  3. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Smith
    Pertwee
    McGann
    Tennant
    Troughton
    Eccleston
    McCoy
    T Baker
    Hartnell
    Davidson
    C Baker

4. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

While generally, our opinions pretty much seem to be on the same track, here we differ. I much prefer the RTD/Tennant era over the current Moffat/Smith period of The Doctor. As I mentioned earlier, Smith was such a spaz when he first appeared that I literally had to force myself to sit through the first season of his portrayal. Truthfully, if it hadn't been for River, Amy and Rory, I'd've bailed on the show for good.

Just my .02 worth. It just goes to show that that there's no universal contant when it comes to fans of ANY show. And it would be a very boring world if we all thought the same thing.

:bolian:

5. VDCNI

VDCNI Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Surely that's just not liking the performance in that particular case.

I've not really watched his other TV stuff but he's always been excellent when I've seen him on stage - no one who pulls off Hamlet as well as he did could be described as a poor actor.

With Pertwee it's hard to tell - most of us would have only seen him in Who and maybe Worzel Gummidge. I wouldn't say he's in the top tier of Who actors but I don't think he's poor. Most of the time in Who he was only being asked to play a straight forward action hero - not much time to show off range.

6. Anji

Anji Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Assisting in the birth of baby Horta on Janus VI
    Pertwee has always been my favorite but to rank the actors would be doing the entire group a disservice. Each man brought something to the role.

7. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

1) The Tenth Doctor
    He was the one who really got me into who. Although Eccleston was my first, I never was very big on it until Tennant came in. Plus, I love the character, the writing was so much better then with RTD incharge than the mess we have with Moffat (although after that god awfull sixth series, I must admit Moffat's cleaning up his act now), and the end of time especialy was so emotional and brilliant. However, i didn't think Rose and Tennant worked together, they were too lovey dovey. I really liked him with Martha, he was brilliant with Donn, but I liked him on his own alot too.
    2) The Eighth Doctor
    Just love his style. Steampunk tardis, great tv movie, and the first doctor to show signs of having a sexuality! Unfortuneteley though, he only appeared in one episode, the TV movie. I know that if he did have his own series, i'd have grown tired of it because of all the retcons in place including replacing cybermen with cybs, and remaking old episodes, however I would have loved to have seen a glimpse of what 90s dr who TV series would have been like. One of the doctors who I know given the chance could have been my favourite.
    3)The Ninth Doctor
    Eccleston was so good. I really liked the darkness to the character, they showed that bitter side of the doctor alot better than they did with Hartnel, and unlike with Tennants relationship with Rose was too lovey dovey and soppy, Rose and Ecclestons relationship was bang on! Plus, loved the whole love triangle with Rose, the Doctor, and Mickey. I just wish he stayed on longer, and like with the 8th doctor, if he was around longer, he might have outranked Tennant.
    4) The Sixth Doctor
    Quite a contreversal choice, but none the less, Collin ranks at 4th place. The reason? I just enjoyed his adventures so much, and although the outfit was probably the one of the worst desisions dr who has ever done, I saw past that and liked the character, the storys which were fun, and Peri's huge nockers! Infact, she has to rate as my favourite companion seeing becuase she's the basic companion, just American with big nockers! Plus the trial of a timelord theme tune is my favourite dr who theme so far.
    5)The Fourth Doctor
    Although I'm not the biggest fan of seventies television, and did not like his early adventures much, I did like the character, and I really enjoyed his later seasons. Especiqaly the last one which other people don't seem to like much, however I do. Plus my favourite episdoe ever "Logopilis" is a late Tom Baker story.
    6) The Second Doctor
    I simply just love this guy! Although I found "The Invasion" too long and drawn out, I love Tomb of the Cybermen which is one of my favourites, and I really liked him in "The Two Doctors" He's just a great character and brilliant!
    7) The Seventh Doctor
    At number seven comes number seven! I do like Moccoy, I don't dislike him at all, I just rate him average becuase he was average. Liked the dark tone his storys had, and Ace is probably my favourite companion along with Peri.
    8)The Eleventh Doctor
    Over Rated. He is over rated as the doctor. While I do like the character, the plots in his episodes are poor. Really, my critisism lays with Moffat and the Ponds, but unfortuneteley, Matt suffers the conserquences too. Like #9 and #8 though, if given the chance he may have outranked Tennant too. Although now the Ponds have gone, a new companion is in, and Moffat seems to have pulled his socks up after the disaster we had with the sixth series, there may still be hope. But really though, I think dr who has gotten too childish recently, and Moffat has redesigned the tardis and changed the opening titles along with going back to the old daleks pretey much, so it just shows even Moffat may admit he's made some pretey stupid descisions in his time. But Smith is a good doctor, he's just not had the chance to appear in good episodes though. If only he was doctor in RTDs time.
    9) The Third Doctor
    Don't even get me started on this guy. As I said up there, I'm not a fan of seventies TV or doctor who, and they earthbound this poor dude. Shame, I don't mind his character, but everything around him was just awfull. Yes, we did get the Sontarans and Sea Devils from his era, but I just didn't enjoy his stuff at all. Just a load of boring old Earth bound storys, and he was working with UNIT, a military organisation for gods sake, in real life, the doctor wouldn't do that. Although I really enjoyed the later earth bound storys in nu who, the seventies didn't really pull it off well.
    10) The Fith Doctor
    Oh god, so booooooooooooooooooooooooring! Although I like Andric and Tegan, Davidson is one of the most boring doctors ever! He has no personality, he wears stupid clothes, has a boring absession with cricket, and his sensitivity was boring as opposed to Tennants and Ecclestons more interesting soft sides. I hate the third doctor alot too, but atleast he had personality. However, I didn't mind Davidsons adventures, Earthshock was great! I just wish Davidson and Pertwee swapped eras, then although Davidsons era would be unbarable, we'd have got a golden age with Pertwee.
    11)The First Doctor
    The most boring and deppressing doctor of the bunch. Davidson only just outranked him. Although I enjoy sixties sci-fi, I hate Hartnels era as the doctor. He was so boring, and apart from daleks and spider people, nothing really happened then. Plus in places, he was actualy the bad guy. He kidnapped two of his companions and stole the tardis for gods sake, sounds like a criminal to me, not a hero. At least Davidson didn't abduct people and steal things. He just stood there crying and staring at his cricket bat.