R2 S4.5 "Final Season" DVDs (Amazon.co.uk)

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by MyCylon, Jan 29, 2009.

1. MyCylon

MyCylon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That artwork looks pretty cool. You can see a larger version at Amazon.co.uk.

I don't really mind about the extras myself. Count me in as somebody who's happy we'll be getting extended episodes.

But, more generally speaking, I don't quite get the logic behind their releases. For example, we get the extended Pegasus cut for S2 but not the one for Unfinished Business in S3.
    Overall, I find the releases erratic in many ways, including splitting up the season like this as well as the art design which has been remarkably inconsistent.

Note: I just noticed the line "Your future begins here" at the bottom of that artwork. Hmm, I wonder if that's just marketing or something spoilerish.

2. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

Well I think the Season 3 R2 came out ages before the R1 version, so the extended Unfinished Business wouldn't have been ready anyway.
    Whereas the Complete R2 Season 2 came out slightly before the R1 2.5, so I guess the Pegasus extended version was available to be slapped on.
    Though I don't get why only the extras from the R1 2.0 are on the set and none of the 2.5 extras (apart the the Pegasus Ext)

3. MyCylon

^
    I had forgotten that about the S3 set, mind you. I was surprised back then that they were releasing it so much earlier. I still wonder why they did, almost even more so come to think of that that's probably why the extended cut wasn't on it.

4. Angel4576

Angel4576 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You can talk.....

:p

I'm not that bothered, just would have been nice.

5. Ethros

Well Amazon.co.uk has updated the artwork on this, I would presume its the final one
    See frakking here

Just a slap job of the Last Supper picture. Hmm, not overly amazing but it'll do I suppose. It's whats inside that counts...

6. Asbo Zaprudder

Asbo Zaprudder Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So, is there any news about a region B Blu-ray version?

7. cultcross

cultcross The truth is precisely the opposite Moderator

I suspect it is final, as its now gained a 'rating' stamp, a 'Playback' header, and the DVD logo. So the complete fourth season will now cost you £42.96 from Amazon. ouch. :(

8. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

I don't think so, for the same reasons as previous sets - I do not want chipmunked transfers. (For the uninitiated, "chipmunking" reference to the increase in pitch caused by the NTSC to PAL transfer process which results in everyone having high pitched voices)

Plus, I'm going for the complete Blu-Ray set anyway.

9. Jerry234

Jerry234 Cadet Newbie

Somebody at DVDtimes apparently has received a boxset today and unfortunately it looks to be quiet worse than what was announced.

Only 1 extended episode (A disquiet follows my soul)

Several podcasts missing

No webisodes

Of course, it might be that the extended episodes are still on the dvd, just not seperately (after all, a lot of people never realised the extended version of pegasus was on the R2 set, since it was not on it seperately).

It seems that in the end, I finally will have to go for a R1 set...

10. MyCylon

^
    Hmm, that would really be annoying, if we didn't get the extended cuts. Is this the article you're referring to?

Has anyone pre-ordered this yet? I usually pick up the sets in store when they come out. So I'm willing to wait and see if they're cheating on us on the extended episodes here.

11. Ethros

Bit annoying it true, I'll wait till it's relased so I can have a good look at in the shop.
    If that is the case I may hold off and see what the R1 version gets, and decide to import or not then

12. Ethros

13. MyCylon

^
    That's interesting. I have everything released so far. But that might be worth considering if the eps in the "Final Season" box really are not extended. I wonder what the pricing will be like. The current box including everything through S4.0 is available for under £30 at Amazon.co.uk at the moment (the RRP is £89.99, apparantly).

14. ncc74302

ncc74302 Captain Captain

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. I highly doubt it, considering that at least in the US there was never a complete season 2 release, which was also split up in a similar manner

15. BolianAuthor

BolianAuthor Writer, Battlestar Urantia Rear Admiral

Well, as far as the American release of 4.5, I'm already pissed that The Last Frakking Special won't be on any of the discs.

16. MyCylon

17. John Clark

John Clark Commodore Commodore

Normally, I would have pre-ordered, but if we're not sure of getting all of the extended episodes, then I'll wait and check:(

18. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft Premium Member

Amazon have the complete set for £88.79.
    They also have a listing for the complete Blu-Ray set, but no date, and no price.

19. MyCylon

^
    Hmm, certainly a better deal. Still a lot though, mind you.

Sounds like a good idea. I'm certainly holding off until I know.

20. Ethros

I bet that complete set will come out the week before The Plan airs, and thus won't have it on
    Really wouldn't surprise me