Questions regarding The Eternal Tide [Here be spoilers]

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Hando, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Hando

Hando Commander Red Shirt

Jan 28, 2011
    Having decided on catching up on my reading I have finished The Eternal Tide, but it has left me wondering on several issues.

If I understand it correctly, in the pre-Endgame timeline Janeway used antichroniton-infused tachyons and basically eliminated the Q-continuum.
    So why do the Qs still exist at all in the post-Endgame timeline?
    Wouldn’t their non-existence have a profound effect on the Federation and the universe?
    Also, why does q and Janeway still live/exist in the ST Online timeline/universe? Is it a completely different multiverse?

Did the thing with the Anschlasom happen in all the universes/timelines? Were the space-time breaches created in every universe?
    Or do some remain safe?

What goes on in the universes/timelines at the same time as The Eternal Tide?
    What about the other 2 or 3 future timelines we have seen on Voyager?
    Or in those, were Janeway is not in charge, or something else is happening?
  2. Thrawn

Thrawn Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Jun 15, 2008
    Washington, DC

Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey.

(Wrong show, I know, but it applies...)
  3. King Daniel Beyond

King Daniel Beyond Admiral Admiral

Nov 5, 2008
    Because Admiral Janeway went back in time and changed history, so the Q weren't eradicated. That's why the multiverse killed Janeway and created Afsarah Eden, as an alternate means of redressing the balance.
    Star Trek Online is totally unrelated to the novelverse, despite them borrowing a few novelverse characters and situations. They're separate real-life takes on what happened after Nemesis, not in-universe alternate realities (altho STO: The Needs of the Many does hint that they are alternate universes in an easter eggy kind of way)
    All I remember is that Janeway always dies. Even in one universe where whe never joins Starfleet, she slips in the tub and busts her head open. I suspect each universe created an Afsarah Eden or found some other way to redress the Q/Omega imbalance.
    Erm.... what Thrawn said.