Push is a pretty good movie.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Barbados Slim, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Barbados Slim

Barbados Slim Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I was looking for something fun to watch today and I went and saw Push today.

It has Chris Klein, Dakota Fanning, Djimon Honsou and Camilla Belle. Camilla confuses me cause she is so godamned hot but a truly horrible actress. Evryone else is good with special nod to Dakota. And I was happy to see Neil Jackson, who awesomely played the bad guy in Blade The Series.

The mythology is like has an evil Division chasing people with cool psychic powers:

Watchers: who see the future and draw it.
    Movers: who use telekinesis.
    Pushers: who put thoughts in peoples head like the Voice or the Jedi Mind Trick.
    Sniffers: who smell objects and sense where the owners are.
    Shadows: who block out sniffers and watchers

The movie is beautifully set in hong kong and it has some neat action scenes. Overall I recommend it to the fanboy set. I don't understand why it got such bad reviews which call the plot convoluted. It's also compared to Jumper and it looks similar in style but is loads better.

2. The Evil Dead

The Evil Dead Vice Admiral Admiral

I was surprised by it, it had more fun with the super-powered characters in it's world then a lot of comic book movies I can think of especially that bad guy, Victor? I freaking loved the two action scenes with that character, truly badass.

The story left a little to be desired, I wouln't say it's convoluted it's just... well, it's very comic book. But I'll give them huge props for the world the movie built, it felt very well realized and worth exploring.

3. Pilot Ace

Pilot Ace Captain Captain

4. Barbados Slim

Barbados Slim Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

He was a badass on the building fight at the end. I also liked how Camilla had the squad of soldiers mesmerized and standing around her in formation. That was cool. Iwas a fan of the floating guns too. Very creative.

I forgot to mention the Banshee/Siren like Asian gangsters. That was pretty cool.

The effects were pretty good and not showy, which made the whole thing seem grounded in reality.

5. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Heroes: Hong Kong.

6. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I wasn't expecting much from it, but we went to see it yesterday.

Ienjoyed it more than I thought I would:)