promos for 4x17 "Someone to Watch Over Me" (promo SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by chrisspringob, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Samuel T. Cogley

Samuel T. Cogley Vice Admiral Admiral

Getting a happy ending from an Asian woman. Where have I heard this story before?

And we can't assume Roslin hasn't told people about Baltar's confession to her. On this show, people catch each other up on a lot of exposition offscreen.

2. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell Comfortably Numb Premium Member

Is it really necessary for him to pay for it any further? The guy's been through damn near everything a person can endure, short of dying. I feel like he's one of the few that should survive, because he hasn't earned an easy death--he should have to suffer right along with everyone else. Dramatically, I think that's appropriate for him. But I don't think he needs to be punished specifically for his role in the attacks, which was negligence at worst.

3. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell Comfortably Numb Premium Member

I swear, I can't say "happy ending" when talking about Eights without someone saying that! :lol:

I don't know, she might have told Adama, but really, what did he do? He was stupid and let his dick do his thinking for him. Not quite the same as saying, "sure, go ahead, slaughter my entire species, here are the codes to do it."

4. chrisspringob

chrisspringob Commodore Commodore

She may have told the other higher ups, like the Adamas and Tigh and so forth, but I doubt she told the general public.....otherwise I presume there would have been a lot more fallout for Baltar.

5. chrisspringob

It's not that I personally think he deserves it. It's that he's carried this big secret forever, and that was a big part of his character arc, and I think it would be dramatically interesting if the secret came out. All throughout seasons 1 and 2, I was looking forward to some kind of payoff for him hiding this, and I'd be disappointed if nothing ever comes of it.

Of course, it would have been a lot more interesting if it had come out back when Baltar was president, and at the height of his popularity.

She doesn't really know the details of what he did. In "The Hub", he just said that he gave the Cylons the defense codes, though he didn't know that that's what he was doing at the time. He never mentioned Caprica Six or any of that. None of the Colonials has any idea that "Caprica Six" is the one who was directly responsible, AFAIK.

6. Starwind

Starwind Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Didn't Baltar mention Caprica Six when they interrogated him with those drugs? I'm certain he did.

7. Samuel T. Cogley

Samuel T. Cogley Vice Admiral Admiral

No, I agree. I was just responding to your certainty that she had told no one else.

I agree that Roslin (and whomever she may have told) probably said 'fuck it' at this point. It's water under the bridge and there are other things to worry about. And Baltar didn't do it intentionally.

That said, if the public ever finds out, they better want his head.

8. chrisspringob

Sorry, my mind is blanking on this....which episode are you referring to?

9. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

"Taking a Break From All Our Worries" in the second half of season three.

10. chrisspringob

OK, I just checked the script on twiztv. Baltar says that Caprica Six saved him from the explosion on Caprica (he refers to her as "Caprica Six", but I'm actually unclear on whether the Colonials understood at this point that "Caprica Six" is the same #6 who they had onboard), and Roslin asks if he conspired with her to neutralize Colonial defenses, and he gives a nonanswer.

So, bottom line, I'm not sure what we're supposed to make of how much Roslin et al. know about Caprica Six's particular role in the attack on the Colonies. I guess they know that Baltar had some kind of relationship with her at some point, but that could just be from when he was on the Cylon baseship. I don't think there's ever been any scene between her and any of the Colonials in which they talk about what she did, so it's kind of murky.

11. Peacemaker

Peacemaker Vice Admiral Admiral

In that shot of Boomer screaming in the promo, is that somebody in a flightsuit with her? It's hard for me to tell. If so, I wonder if that's Tyrol...maybe airlocking her on a raptor...killed by the man she loved?

12. billcosby

billcosby Commodore Commodore

Oh, I don't know. I think Rosalind understands the importance to keeping details like that to yourself. A good politician will keep their mouth shut at the right time.

13. Shaka

Shaka Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

In the promo, was that Tyrol projecting when we see him kissing Boomer ? Or maybe it was just Boomer... it can't be a flashback...

As for the explosion, probably not a flashback either, as Hotdog seems to be witnessing it from the front row...

14. flux_29

flux_29 Commodore Commodore

I'd say thats athena with a blooded face - aftermath of meeting Boomer?

which would explain the attack and the flight suit, pretend to be athena, grab a raptor and get the hell out of dodge.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2009
  15. Wouter2

Wouter2 Captain Captain

Good points! I like it, very much. But I also very much doubt the show will go for it, they will probably blame Boomer for everything.

16. Wouter2

Wouter2 Captain Captain

Oh, I think Boomer's trial will be (very) short, but it won't end in forgiveness; it's quite obvious the other Cylons want her dead. She is the black sheep of the family.

To stop it, will probably come down to Tyrol taking action of some sort. Or maybe a Cavil attack interrupts things.

The most important accusation likely will be the vote against her model. It would take all of 2 seconds to prove that.

17. flux_29

flux_29 Commodore Commodore

Like Baltar???

18. Wouter2

Wouter2 Captain Captain

Excellent, excellent points. But now I wonder how much of this the show will actually touch upon - we will see, but I fear it may be like 0%. I'm not optimistic they show Boomer's POV in a sympathetic light, and point out the hypocrisy behind the Cylon position.

This indeed seems to be a projection, I would guess from Boomer (who certainly is capable of projecting) but it may be from Tyrol as well.

I agree the screaming 8 is likely Athena, but it's hard to see how Boomer, a captive about to be handed over for execution, would be able to pull this off. It may yet be a different 8 or someone else entirely. I think Athena is screaming because Hera has been taken - just a hunch.

19. Wouter2

Wouter2 Captain Captain

Up to a point. Baltar was the black sheep after New Caprica, true, but OTOH nobody knows he gave Gina the nuke (Baltar's worst moment, by far - this time he knew what he was doing) and few suspect his involvement in the Cylon sabotage of the colonial fleet. So he arguably got off lightly, in that he got persecuted (but acquitted) for the wrong accusations.

20. georgerstewart

georgerstewart Cadet Newbie