Project: Potemkin, a Star Trek Fan Film

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Potemkin_Prod, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Captain Randy Hall

Captain Randy Hall Commodore Commodore

Just FYI:

Welcome to the first long holiday weekend of summer! With that extra time off, you'll have plenty of time to check out this week's reviews of Project: Potemkin's first vignettes, "The Old Guys" and "Care for a Lift?"

Here's the link for my review: http://www.fanfilmfollies.com/fan-fi...guys-care-lift[

As always, enjoy!

Last edited: May 26, 2012
  2. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

Thanks for the reviews. Yes, Brian Reigert is indeed an unlikeable person, and these two shorts were meants to be test films.

The cast of Potemkin continues to turnover as our student-actors move on to other projects and different schools. Many come back now and then, many do not. All in all, you'll never tell who's going to be in an episode. :)

Right now, we're casting for our June 23rd shoot, and I think it may be one regular, one featured player, and four new cast members. :)

3. Potemkin_Prod

We're well underway with the shooting for Season 2 with two vignettes in the can.

Randy Landers and Linda Marcusky spent the morning and afternoon scouting locations for S02-C "Second Contact" (written by David Eversole and Randall Landers). We've turned to Deborah Liss-Green of Darton College for casting help, as this vignette requires a number of new players for our production. We're hoping to add some new folks to the ensemble with this production.

We're announcing that S02-D "Red Sky" will be filming soon. This vignette will feature Jeffrey Green and a guest star, as well as our transporter chief played by Pamela Robinson. It's a story based on a piece of artwork, and we will be employing the talents of a local artist to accomplish the task of mimicking the artwork.

Also upcoming are "Beach Towel" and "The Shovel of Kahless," two vignettes that make up a couplet in our story-telling. And "Ashes" which will be filmed in a nearby city square.

We're continuing to work on three scripts for this fall's shoots, including a comedic little short shot in the rec room (or possibly the ship's bowling alley), a lost colony script set in a nearby historic village, and lastly an alien race story involving a unique means of first contact.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2012
  4. Potemkin_Prod

Ooops.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2012
  5. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

Your link is broken. For some reason, the message editor here truncates it when you try to post the link text. The correct link is this one (click).

6. Captain Randy Hall

Oooooo! Me like! I might just use that art in a review of an upcoming Potemkin release. Of course, I'd have to edit out the text at the bottom, but that should still be a great illustration! :bolian:

Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
  7. Potemkin_Prod

As long as the URL remains intact, you're more than welcome to use it. :)

8. Captain Randy Hall

I'd have a VERY difficult time editing that out, Randy! You folks were downright clever in its placement in the illustration. Also, I always put a link at the end of the review to send folks to the producers' Website.

So two times should be the charm! :vulcan:

Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  9. Potemkin_Prod

A busy week ahead for us:
    • Securing location for Saturday's shoot on Monday.
    • Testing the RC Helicopter and GoPro camera on Tuesday.
    • Finalizing the cast for this weekend's vignette on Wednesday.
    • Working on the background artwork for a later vignette with the artist on Thursday.
    • Relaxing on Friday.
    • Shooting vignette "Second Contact" (by Dave Eversole) on Saturday 9-3 on location, and at Ready Room set 4-6.
    • Shooting a scene for Starship Valkyrie at the Ready Room from 6-7.

We are still seeking local cast members if anyone is interested.

10. Sir Rhosis

Sir Rhosis Commodore Commodore

I'm not familiar with Valkyrie -- another local production, or doing some second unit for them?

Off to google...

Sir Rhosis

11. Potemkin_Prod

Another production which wanted Jeff Green in a cameo as Captain Grigory.

12. Potemkin_Prod

13. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

Nice pictures!

14. Potemkin_Prod

Thanks, it was a fun shoot!

15. Potemkin_Prod

16. Potemkin_Prod

17. Potemkin_Prod

And yet another test render from Chris Cameron:

[​IMG]

18. Today

Today Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'm a bit curious, how'd that turn out?

19. Potemkin_Prod

Well, the Go-Pro was having issues, but my discussion the the RC pilots was very off-putting. They would not come to our location; no cast members within 20 yards of the copters; and the ones with enough power to lift the camera were, well, potentially lethal. The guys basically wanted the cast to come to the airfield and shoot the final shot there, but with them 20 yards away from the copter. I was also unconvinced that the copter could hold steady enough to keep the cast in the field of frame.

I still may give it a try for a different vignette or episode, but probably from a different vehicle. One of the locals was offering a lift for us to use, and that might do nicely.

20. Potemkin_Prod

UPDATE TO ALL EPISODES IN PRODUCTION -------

S01-E Hoping to get the music for "Miscommunication" any time now.

S01-F Finishing up "The Engineer's New Clothes" and will be turning it over to the VFX for any final touches. And then it's off for scoring and sound effects.

S01-G Supposed to meet with an artist about a couple of matte shots for "Archway" this coming week. Hopefully we'll have this one wrapped by summer.

S01-H "Devil in the Details" is in the hands of a VFX artist right now. Hopefully we'll have it ready soon.

S01-2 About to get serious on "The Night the Stars Fell from the Sky" with the same artist doing the mattes for "Archway." We NEED VFX artists. If you or any one you know might be interested, please have them contact me. The more VFX artists we put on this project, the sooner it will be ready for release.

S02-A Have turned over rough cut for "Duty Bound" to Rick Foxx for editing.

S02-B Have done same for rough cut of "Darkness." Chris Cameron is eager to work on "Darkness."

S02-C Have turned over footage of "Second Contact" to Rick Foxx for editing.

S02-D Going to scout locations for "Ashes" in Americus on Sunday afternoon. This one should shoot as soon as I line up a day and see who's available to shoot in July.

S02-E Same artist to deal with "Red Sky at Night." This one will shoot as soon as we get the final set done. We will need a 40-60 year old actor, good physical condition, no facial hair, to play an old friend of Captain Grigory. This should shoot in August.

S02-F Have discussed costuming needs for "Beach Towel" with Sara Higgins Mackenzie. (She's also working on getting Abby Evans' new uniform shirt.) Probably going to have recast Carter Winston's role. Anyone interested should contact me. Actor should be 40+ and have a nice moustache. I'm hoping for a September shoot.

S02-G Have decided on the Ft. Gaines' watchtower fort at the Frontier Village for the setting of "The Shovel of Kahless." We've already cast a few people for this episode. I'm hoping for a October shoot. We are soliciting Klingons for extras.

S02-2 Have decided on the Ft. Gaines' frontier village proper for the prospective episode, "Two Worlds," being written by Chris Coleman's dad, Ray. We will be soliciting local folks in Ft. Gaines for a November shoot. This episode will be shot over a Friday and Saturday, depending on the availability of cast members.

In addition to these eight productions for the second season, we are looking at two additional scripts, but would be glad to consider anything anyone is interested in submitting.

That pretty much sums up things. Real life is always an impediment. The availability of our cast members and production crew will affect the scheduling, no doubt, and the likelihood we'll stick to this tentative itinerary is nill. :)