Predictions and Speculation for Daybreak (speculation ONLY!)

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Candlelight, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Raz

Raz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Visualize the situation: The Colony, shattered into fragments by multiple warheads planted suicidally inside it by brave Raptor pilots, a drifting backdrop to a severely damaged Galactica. FTL is down. Anti-missile batteries are down. Most of the vipers are gone, having died clearing a path to the heart of The Colony for the raptors.

Bright flashes as multiple Cylon baseships jump in. Somebody in the central command does a quick count: it's an impossible number, something like 15 baseships, already launching raiders. A gigantic swathe of missile contrails and raiders descends upon the final, battered battlestar. The call goes out: multiple inbound radiologicals.

Adama turns to face the camera.

The screen goes black, Sopranos style.

2. flux_29

flux_29 Commodore Commodore

Is the colony the original ship the Final five travel to the colonies on?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
  3. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

^^
    I thought that was the resurrection hub. But I could be mistaken.

4. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nah, BSG would show what happened and then show the chaos that ensued in the fleet after that.

Mr Awe

5. Spider

Spider Dirty Old Man Premium Member

Shatner is the one true God and will finally answer the question of why he needs a starship.

6. Aragorn

Aragorn Admiral Admiral

The final scene will be of Benny Russell finishing his science fiction pitch to the executive.

7. Tom

Tom Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Or Galactica is still facing a couple Baseships and is badly damaged, A bunch of baseships jump in behind Galactica, Adama prepares for the end, then you hear a message from the rear group of baseships to the forward group telling them to stand down, it's the Cylon rebels and they have convinced a group of Dorals and Simons (on the rear baseships) to remove there Cavil's and help them...

That is Babylon 5 "Severed Dreams" style.. but wait, we can add a twist..

A big relief comes over Adama's face as he know's he is safe, then Galactica suddenly just blows up...fade to black..

8. D Man

D Man Commodore Commodore

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw: As of now that's exactly what I want to see happen. :lol:

9. kipron

kipron Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The more I read, the more I get the feeling they might leave the fates of Adama and Galactica as a bit of a mystery.

Kinda like what happened to Cain in TOS..

10. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Commander Red Shirt

As soon as I saw the colony my first thought was we'll see galactica jumping (with anders in control) right into the heart of it and unloading ala Macross/Robotech.

11. Raz

Raz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Random thought: Anders hybrid babble includes the phrase "the colony never forgets".

12. cbspock

cbspock Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I wonder if the "colony" is really one of the arks that left Kobol during the exodus of the 13 tribes.

A giant hand will appear and grab Galactica, and demand that the colonists worship one of the lords of kobol. ;)

-Chris

13. cbspock

cbspock Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I would like that type of ending. Maybe even include some of the other characters disappearing with Galactica.

The survivors wind up stranded on a planet that looks like our Earth.

I would even go for a scene like in Star Trek 3, when Kirk looks up at the Enterprise plunging into the atmosphere.

-Chris

14. Gregsmack

Gregsmack Captain Captain

I want Baltar's cult to be moved over to the baseship at which point tensions will rise and they will start slaughtering Cylons by the dozens with Adama's rifles.

15. Tom

Tom Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, the cult with the rilfles was a plot line totaly dropped it seems in last weeks episode. Maybe no more exposition was needed after they got the big guns and the point may be mute if they are offloading the civilians off of galactica anyways.

16. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^Or they could stay for Galactica's final run.

17. Gregsmack

Gregsmack Captain Captain

But why would they? If they were interested in that kind of thing, wouldn't they have signed up to be pilots or marines or something?

No, I'd rather see Paulla and Jeanne taking down Eights by the truckload. But then again I am a rather monstrous excuse for a compassionate human being.

18. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Like I said in the grading thread... People have neglected one obvious thing... The title "Daybreak".

Daybreak: –noun "the first appearance of daylight in the morning; dawn."