Predictions and Speculation for Daybreak (speculation ONLY!)

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Candlelight, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

That seems possible. What about New Caprica?

It's not like they're going to be offered a menu of choices based on what's appetizing, after all.

Oh - it's a pretty sure bet that Sam is going to "jump" Galactica and nearly tear it apart, right? They set that one up too heavily to leave it alone.

2. Tom

Tom Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, Cavil is clearly lieing to the Dorals and Simons about the Final 5 and the possible death of #7, once they realize this, Cavils whole line will be boxed just as Deanna was, but since they can't ressurect there is no boxing and his line will die instead. Boomer will likely turn on Cavil Prime in someway and Athena will kill Boomer (there is to much of a setup for this not to happen) . Like in Exodus with Pegasus they will probaby have the baseship watch over the fleet, but withh the baseship still get in the fight later?

3. chrisspringob

chrisspringob Commodore Commodore

I assumed that all the Cavils were in on the plot to hide the Final Five, and all that other business. (How the frak could he pull all that off if it was just one of them?) I didn't even really think about the fact that only one of the Cavil's might be considered "John". I had imagined that the Final Five created multiple copies of Cavil from the get-go, and they were all responsible for hiding the Final Five and setting everything in motion, and that there was no one "John" in charge of everything. Maybe that's not correct though?

4. Booked_moss

Booked_moss Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

They jump back to Caprica.

Calvils fleet surrounds the fleet. Adama picks up com. All radio channels full of laughter.

Tigh is laughing and cannot stop. 100s of ships jump into the area Citys appear on the planet.

Tigh says "Bill, you have no idea how long it took me to set up this decommissioning prank".

5. vampgrrl

vampgrrl Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That would be

AWESOME.:guffaw:

6. DanTheGrey

DanTheGrey Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm definitely leaning towards the total "everyone dies", it all ends in frozen ashes in order to 'break the cycle'...

7. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

I got this idea from a Transformers G1 clip so

Everyone evacuates from Galactica accept for Adama who rams her into the colony to take Cavil out Adama's last words being So Say We All.

8. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

It turns out that BSG chronicles not just the extinction of the human race, but the end of biological dominance. It is daybreak, but for the machines.

The Cylons had taken the first halting steps forward by assuming the forms of their creators. Now, they step forward fully and maximize their machine potential. They can upgrade and reprogram their AI at will as well as their functional form. They are no longer hindered by trying to match their human creators intellectually or physically. The Cylons will move so far beyond that the humans will have no chance to catch up while locked in their biological shells. It's similar to the Neanderthals versus Homo Sapiens, but this time we're on the losing team.

All may not be lost, however. It maybe possible for the human survivors to either survive in a reservation (if the Cylons allow that) or even possibly download into a new machine body (if the Cylons allow). The human biological epoch has come and gone. The remnants might survive, with the permission of the Cylons.

Mr Awe

9. Raz

Raz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Prediction (lolz):

Kara Thrace's little musical thing gives up the location of, or otherwise leads to, the cylon 'homeworld' known as The Colony.

Adama takes Galactica on a suicide mission, loaded up with all the nukes they can spare, primed. Intent is to fight their way close enough to jump Galactica inside The Colony, hopefully setting off the nukes too and destroying it from within with spacial distortions and other cool looking sfx.

There is one final, large scale war, with the final FTL jump command countermanded by Anders, who is now not only integrated with the ship, but knows something they don't. The Galactica is boarded and goes down with all hands, unable to complete it's final mission, and instead everyone aboard seemingly dies in futility.

And then they find out that that lunatic Baltar was kind of right, and that "organic memory transfer" works on humans too. Kara Thrace was simply the first, the test subject as it were. So yes, they all die, so they can all discover "eternal life", and that there really is very little difference between humans and 13th tribe members and skinjobs after all. They've not just been killing eachother stupidly, but in futility since Maelstrom.

What is "the data stream"? Everyone who has died and downloaded.

10. Shaka

Shaka Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

It will end with the Benny Russel character from DS9 on the director chair, saying "Cut !".

It all (almost) happened before, and it (possibly) will happen again ;)

11. Mr Awe

That was sort of my original take. There seems to be obvious signposts pointing in that direction. But then RDM stated that the finale was nothing like anything that anyone is speculating. So, I'm thinking the signposts are just misdirection and I've scrapped notions of a fairly standard type ending such as this. Standard given those signposts, that is.

Mr Awe

12. cultcross

cultcross The truth is precisely the opposite Moderator

This bit is almost a certainty, if he dies.

13. hxclespaulplayer

hxclespaulplayer Commander Red Shirt

EJO has gone on record saying that it definately isn't a happy ending.

14. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

I think Roslin is already dead. She died at the end of "Someone to Watch Over Me."

15. The Evil Dead

The Evil Dead Vice Admiral Admiral

Don't get me wrong, I think a lot of bad stuff will happen, I don't think the question is "Which of our characters will die?" but "Which of our characters will survive?" I don't think Adama or the Galactica will make it... But I do believe that the Colonials and their Cylon allies will remain an entity by the time the screen fades to black. It will be a bittersweet ending, but with some hope for the future.

If the series ends with everybody dying, no hope, none of it having meant a damn, I'll be very disappointed. I could just edit the Galactica being destroyed from Daybreak, Part II onto the end of the Mini-Series during the Ragnar station battle and get the same result. Having everybody die is what a film student would do.

16. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Plus its been mentioned that RDM said the ending would be something we wouldn't see coming and everybody would see all the characters dieing in the end coming a mile away.

17. Mr Awe

^^ So does the fact that "everybody" sees an ending where everyone dies, which makes us think that it won't happen, mean that it will actually happen? My head is spinning!

Mr Awe

18. cultcross

cultcross The truth is precisely the opposite Moderator

^ I'm becoming suspicious we'll get an Angel style ending, where our cast scores a massive victory, perhaps with one or two losses (the obligatory 'happy ending with a twinge of sadness') but we leave them facing apparently insurmountable odds which it's unlikely they'd survive.
    Maybe destroy the Colony but are left facing the whole Cylon fleet while Galactica crumbles beneath them...

Personally, I'd prefer a more low key final moment than a big space battle, given the tone of this season so far, but I really suspect it will be a guns-blazing finale.

19. kipron

kipron Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Admiral Adama becomes trapped in the body of a Cylon woman (Shelley Godfrey) bent on killing him and taking over command of his ship. Meanwhile, the Final Five go on trial for being amoral, selfish misanthropes and it is revealed that the entirey of S3 was just an alternate-reality novel written by Fat Lee.

Well, RDM did say it wouldn't be the kind of finale we expect. :lol:

20. Mr Awe

I'm guessing that we're being setup here. It looks like the Galactica is being sent on a likely suicide mission here to take on the colony. It's a classic action setup where the good guys go on an impossible mission and win. They're giving us enough clues to make us think that they'll win: Helo being hooked up, the FTL distortion causing damage to nearby ships, FTLing into the colony, and what not. It's setting up the conventional outcome in fictionland where they've got long odds but enough secret weapons/knowledge to make a win possible.

I don't think we'll get that conventional/cliched outcome. There will likely be some twist to this big battle. That could be a simple as the good guys losing but is likely to involve something else of which I have no idea. Could be Helo be involved somehow. I don't think it'll be an Organian style intervention as someone posted (hopefully in jest!). That's just not BSG. But, the angels might go berzerk in people's heads during the attack or who knows what. I couldn't guess at this point but I'm suscpicious!

Mr Awe