Predictions and Speculation for Daybreak (speculation ONLY!)

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by Candlelight, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Aragorn

Aragorn Admiral Admiral

Galactica goes out in a blaze of glory taking out Cavil and the colony while rescuing Hera. Saul goes out in a blaze of glory. The survivors continue on their mission to find a suitable planet.

Fade to... Starbuck doing recon. Runs into Dirk Benedict's Starbuck who's doing the exact same thing only coming from the other direction.

All that has happened before will happen again.

The end.

2. Cyrus

Cyrus Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Everyone turns out to be a "head" character, except Baltar who is real but quite insane.

3. chrisspringob

chrisspringob Commodore Commodore

I'm unclear on how people think that Cavil is going to "die" when there are thousands of copies of him on various baseships across the Galaxy. Only way it can happen if there's some broadbased insurrection against him among the other Cylons.....which is actually a fairly likely possibility. I think the Centurions might turn on the skinjobs or something, and the cycle of robotic rebellion continues. If that doesn't happen, then Cavil will live.

I'm also thinking we might see the resurrection of other dead characters via whatever it is that brought Starbuck back to life....maybe even the resurrection of people who died in the attacks on the Colonies.

4. Roshi

Roshi Vice Admiral Admiral

An ending à la Brazil!

5. billcosby

billcosby Commodore Commodore

Wouldn't that be nutty?

Whatever happens, there is still The Plan. Have they filmed it already? Is there a projected air date?

6. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

The Cavil we're talking about is John, the first Cavil, the first Human-Form Cylon created by the Final Five.

7. CommanderRaytas

CommanderRaytas Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic

I like this theory a lot. Let´s have the Dorals and Simons kicking Cavil´s arse and Athena and Boomer tearing each other apart. :p

8. Raz

Raz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lots of little starbucks.

9. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

10. MeanJoePhaser

MeanJoePhaser Admiral

The Final Five will form Voltron and destroy Cavil's robeast.

Bill Adama will go down with Galactica while Dido's "White Flag" plays.

Bill Adama will leave behind an origami unicorn which Lee finds....revealing that Lee was a rep...er...cylon all along.

11. Admiral Buzzkill

Do we have any idea how many Cavils actually exist - and if they do, how many are as nutty as Cavil Prime?

Doubtless they all share his general demeanor, but only one of them set this whacky Galactic Revenge plot in motion.

What will really happen at the end?

Okay, the Galactica is gone - that's obvious.

Will they stumble over some new habitable world in a deus ex machina fashion? Very unlikely. So after defanging the Cavil threat at least to a degree that they feel they can take a chance on (nothing ever being cut-and-dried or safe in their world) the surviving humans and some Cylons will probably decide to settle a habitable world they already know about. What are the possibilities?

Of course, I suppose Hera may draw them a map to an entirely new world.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  12. kdalton_69

kdalton_69 Commander Red Shirt

Have you actually watched the show?

13. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Special Guest Star Bob Dylan appears in the final moments as the One True God. :p

14. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Yes, and I'm standing by my prediction for now. I have something else to add, but I'll probably wait until the finale has aired.

15. The Evil Dead

The Evil Dead Vice Admiral Admiral

I think the series will have a surprisingly positive ending. I don't think everything will be sunshine and roses but not everyone will die, Cylon and Man will co-exist.

Ron Moore loves to throw curveballs at the audience and most people expect a downer ending so... that's not what we'll get, not entirely.

16. Admiral Buzzkill

I think you're in the ballpark there, yeah.

17. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Caped Trek Mod Admiral

Sam will sacrifice himself to 'resurrect' Galactica.

18. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I first read that as... "Sam will sacrifice himself to 'resurrect' Gaeta." :lol:

19. Irvy

Irvy Commander Red Shirt

Didn't Cavil tell Hera he was going to give her lots of play mates? I reckon Cavil's going to rob Hera of her special-ness by creating a line of Hera's.

20. Cyrus

Cyrus Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Kobol?