Predict who will be cast as the 12th Doctor

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Candlelight, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Cheers for the spoiler...

2. Captain_Amasov

Captain_Amasov Captain Captain

Paul McGann!

3. Stoo

Stoo Captain Premium Member

That's a ridiculous assumption.

It could be a white guy in his late twenties!

4. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

I don't think they'll go twenties twice in succession - they'll want a little older as a contrast.

5. chardman

chardman Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm not at all familiar with the man, but I keep hearing the name Tim Vine in connection with this.

6. Pingfah

Pingfah Admiral Admiral

Tim Vine looks a lot like Peter Davison.

He's too doughy though. He looks like a Flump.

7. Slugboy

Slugboy Commodore Commodore

Not necessarily...they could continue the "new Who" trend and go even younger! Maybe they'll hold a Blue Peter competition to select the next Doctor, drawn from that show's viewership! They've used competitions to cast minor roles for Doctor Who in the past---why not take it to the next level? :lol: :p

8. Wereghost

Wereghost Part-time poltergeist Commodore

Hmmm... Kill Eleven, troll everyone by saying that since the Doctor's dead on Trenzalore only stories from earlier in his timeline are possible, then do x season(s) with McGann (culminating in a regeneration into Hurt or Eccleston), and at some point have the Doctor's memories copied into a viable body, maybe merging with someone else's mind in the process.

I'm for it.

9. chelly

chelly Commander Red Shirt

I was watching Amy's Choice last night and I was thinking wouldn't it be funny if they had the dream lord as the next doctor. I looked up the actor Toby Jones he does have a impressive tv/film history. Never knew he was the voice of Dobby.

10. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

To be honest I don't think they could get Toby Jones...

11. diankra

diankra Commodore Commodore

About the only thing I'd say is a given, assuming that Steven Moffat is staying, is that he'll start with the aim of an older - 40 to 50 - Doctor, but as happened last time, that could go out of the window if someone else walks in and gives a killer audition.

12. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

Dexter Fletcher is 47.

13. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

My personal favourites are Idris Elba, Damien Molony, and Jason Fleyming.

However, I can only realistically see one get the role, Damien Molony. Although Elba is possible. Just not very.

Knowing my luck though, we'll get a doctor that will be completely against my liking, we'll probably get a bloody female doctor. A travesty.

14. chardman

chardman Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm rooting for Dame Helen Mirren, who apparently has been campaigning for the role.

15. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Look up here, I’m in heaven Moderator

I can say with conviction that it will be someone that I've never heard of before.

16. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Some reports have Chiwetel Ejiofor as a possible front runner and I think he would make an excellent Doctor. If you don't know who he is...Google !

17. chelly

chelly Commander Red Shirt

How would you even say his name. I have to say he is pretty good looking. I am going to agree with awesome Possum (great name) and say it will be someone I have never heard of.

Though Helen Miran and Helen Bonham Carter would be great. Though Helen looks too much like the Doctor's wife (similiar looks) that I don't think it would work. (and sounds a bit creepy to me).

Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
  18. Sindatur

Sindatur Vice Admiral Admiral

I've never heard it pronounced, but, it looks like it should be pronounced something like:
    Chewy-Tell Edgy-oh-fer (That''s how I say it in my brain when reading his name)

19. Stoo

Stoo Captain Premium Member

Same. Maybe because I don't want a lot of TV anyway. I've heard a few fans speculate they'll get a big name in to boost ratings but I'm still expecting someone relatively young with maybe a few well-regarded TV roles but not a lot more.

20. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

So, Richard Madden, anyone? JLC's boyfriend, and he's free from Game Of Thrones now...