Power Rangers

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by SG-17, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Rated Awesome By 9 out of 10 Awesome Experts Moderator

He was supposed to be a wizard according to the toys. I always thought he was an alien, just a vaguely human looking one.

Also this movie is probably going to be horrible, but I'm still going to watch it.

2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Zordon came from the planet Eltar, though like many planets in the Power Rangers universe, its natives are presumably human-looking -- although the only other Eltarian we met was the Phantom Ranger, whose face was never seen. Zordon returned to Eltar at the start of Power Rangers Turbo and was captured by Dark Specter when the planet was conquered at the end of that series, leading into Power Rangers in Space as the Rangers flew off into space to search for him (yet their "search" somehow consisted of spending most of their time hanging around in Angel Grove and not actually looking for him).

Zordon battled Rita 10,000 years ago, defeating her and locking her in a "dumpster" on the Moon, but in a final act of revenge, she trapped him in a time warp, so that the only way he could interact with our world was as a holographic Wizard-of-Oz head.

http://powerrangers.wikia.com/wiki/Zordon

3. Stephen!

Stephen! Captain Captain

One of the original concepts for PRiS was that they'd need to keep returning to earth, because their vehicles would run out of energy and need to be recharged.

http://sirstack.livejournal.com/50847.html

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They were also apparently going to spend more time during the final episodes of PRT setting up PRiS, other than just the final two episodes. And Phantom Ranger would be captured.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Stephen!

Stephen! Captain Captain

5. Stephen!

Stephen! Captain Captain

Ninninger armour. Looks like only red gets to use it this year.

[​IMG]

6. Christopher

Looks more samurai than ninja. Although, of course, real ninjas didn't look like anything in particular, just ordinary nondescript folks.

7. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Commodore Commodore

Finally gotten around to watching that Zordon fan fim / fan prequel / fan reboot. All things considered, it's a fun fifty minutes to spend reminiscing as a bunch of passionate people try to fill in various holes in PR backstory, succeeding in a fair sense IMO. I would watch the apparently forthcoming follow up.

Also great to see what film students can do with a green screen and a LOT of time these days... And kudos for getting David J. Fielding to come in and voice Mondo!

Mark

8. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

According to the magazine scans it's suppose to be one of those shared power-ups. But we'll see.

9. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Vice Admiral Admiral

So we have news about the 4th quarter mecha. The last in the DX line

[​IMG]

10. Christopher

I'm a bit confused by "HouhouMaru" as the name for the "Phoenix" mecha. As I remember from Dairanger, the Japanese name for the fenghuang (Chinese firebird) is Houou. Where'd the extra H come from?

Never mind -- I looked it up, and Wikipedia says it's sometimes called the "hoho bird" in English, probably because it's easier for English speakers to pronounce.

11. Samurai8472

So with the power up for AkaNinger we get a power up mecha

Lion Ha-Oh

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The purple mecha is Surfer maru. It's another auxiliary mecha for the season.

Info- A large castle type mecha with a Lion motif piloted by Akaninger Chouzetsu.

When Shurikenjin & Bison King combine with it Shurikenjin sits in the throne.

Combined form is named Shurikenjin HaOh.

[​IMG]

12. Samurai8472

Well Well Christopher. Guess which Sentai series is getting an America DVD release?

I guess the Zyuranger did okay to warrant......

DAIRANGER!

https://twitter.com/ShoutFactory/status/619710422246137856

♪ Tenshin daaaaaa ♪

13. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

The penultimate if not the ultimate Sentai series.

14. Christopher

Good to hear they're continuing the releases, but I'd be more interested in the older Sentai seasons -- particularly Jetman, which was the best one of the few I've seen.

15. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

Dino Super Charge marketing teaser:

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL6GvV12His[/yt]

Obviously just a bunch of Sentai footage, but it gives those who aren't familiar with Kyoryuger an idea what to expect.

16. Christopher

Wow, how long has it been since we've had a new Dino Charge episode?

17. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

3 months. Next one isn't until the end of August.

18. Christopher

It's ridiculous how short the seasons have gotten. Just think... MMPR was on five days a week.

19. Takeru

Takeru Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

And they burned through the initial episode order of 40 episodes in three months, that's hardly better than the current model.I preferred when they had 40 episodes per year and aired them weekly.

20. Christopher

It's better because we got a lot more material in those three months. Dino Charge premiered over six months ago, and we've gotten only eight episodes. That's ridiculous.