*Potential Spoilers* What will the Alternate Enterprise-A look like

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by TheSubCommander, Mar 7, 2016.

1. TheSubCommander

TheSubCommander Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

So, it appears that we MIGHT see the demise of the Big E in Star Trek Beyond, according to the previews.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[Images converted to links. - M']

[images re-hosted as requested -TSC]

While that is not certain, based on the preview, things don't looks good for Enterprise. Assuming Enterprise is damaged BEYOND repair (pun intended :P), what are your thoughts on what the inevitable NEXT Enterprise-A (we'll call it that tentatively, at least)?

Here are mine:

In the Countdown comics, Robert April's Enterprise was depicted. Which looked an awful lot like a cross between the original TOS Connie, and the current alternate Enterprise.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[Images converted to links. - M']

While not exactly canon, it is pretty close to being canon. So, is it is a reasonable assumption that if there is an Enterprise-A, it will be a new design but resemble the 2009 Alternate version, with a few mods here or there? I can't imagine it deviating too far from the classic Jefferies design and silhouette. After all, the 2009 version didn't.

Maybe it will be a design that is new, possibly one that incorporates some feedback about fan complaints? What if it it resembles Gabriel Koerner's rendition?
    [​IMG]

Or, what if they go the alternate constitution-refit route
    [​IMG]
    [Images converted to links. Pics posted as embedded images should be hosted on web space or image-hosting account registered to you. - M']

Or they could pull a TVH, and keep it the same and just paint an A on it. Although that would be self-defeating.

So what are your thoughts?

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
    Markonian and Galileo7 like this.
  2. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Assuming we'll get to see another film (IIRC, the cast are all contracted for at least one more), then it will probably be another ship of the same class.

As much as I'd like to see what nuApril's Enterprise (i.e. what the original Constitution class would have looked like with 'current' special effects budgets) would look like onscreen, I don't see them tampering with the nuConstitution design.

TheSubCommander likes this.
  3. TheSubCommander

Yeah, this is all assuming the Big E is in fact destroyed beyond repair, AND if we even get to see the replacement.

All of the above were just a few of many possibilities. But if I were to choose what I would like to see, I would rather they keep the overall 2009 design, but with some changes. Not major ones, but enough to justify actually destroying the Enterprise. When the original was destroyed in TSFS, I was glad to see the E-A as another Constitution. It provided a sense of coming home at the end of TVH. But with the current incarnation, we've seen Enterprises come and go, so if this Enterprise is destroyed, I would like to see something familiar, yet different.

4. Mr. Laser Beam

Seems pretty obvious from the trailer that it will be, innit? I don't see any ship suffering that kind of damage and surviving.

5. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Another Enterprise will likely be another Constitution class, so it would obviously look the same. The only different design possible would be the Vengeance design. Starfleet likely can't get another uber-advanced state of the art design ready in less than five years.

6. TheSubCommander

To me it is, but you never know.
    Who says that? They got the Vengeance built in that amount of time.

I agree that if they do go with another design, the appearance of the ship won't be radically different. Maybe more of a Alternate Constitution class Version 2.0, more than a refit? I am not saying it isn't likely they will not just simply go with another Enterprise that looks like the 2009 version, but to me, why bother to destroy the enterprise at all, then? Why not make it disabled and damaged to the point it needs to be evacuated, without total destruction? So, with that in mind, it makes me think that if destroyed, the Enterprise will be replaced by a different looking ship. The real question, for me at least, is how different it will look.

7. Khan 2.0

Khan 2.0 Commodore Commodore

im betting the big reveal at the end will be either a heavily redesigned 1701 or a new 1701 'A' - looking pretty much the same as it did in TOS movies (movie nacelles, bare blue deflector dish)

8. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Whatever they come up with for the new Enterprise at the end of this movie, depending on who directs the next one it may randomly look completely different, anyway :p

9. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

My guess is that if we see a new ship it'll look a lot like the current one.

I doubt that it's mainly the director's call - either Linn's or the next guy's. Depends on how much of an investment Paramount's management decides they have in the current image of the thing.

Ryan Thomas Riddle likes this.
  10. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

She may not even be called the Enterprise-A, IMO. Regardless if she is a new design or not, she might just keep the original basic NCC-1701 registry or have an all-new registry, breaking away from what was done in "that other reality" and forging a different direction for future Enterprises in this one.

Qonundrum and Jason M. Brooks like this.
  11. ralph

ralph Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I still want to see if Enterprise will be destroyed, indeed. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a temporal distortion like "Cause and Effect".

Shalashaska and Campe like this.
  12. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

New ships apparently take years to build in the Abramsverse, and a new class likely takes years to design on top of that

If the ship is another Constitution class, why would it look any different? We already know all ships of the same class are identical, the only real difference was the Enterprise B and the Lakota compared to other Excelsior class ships. But all that amounted to is funkier impulse engines and fins on the secondary hull.

13. Mr. Laser Beam

I'm liking the thought of a Vengeance-class Enterprise... :evil:

Amasov and Gonzo like this.
  14. Campe

Campe Vice Admiral Admiral

My thoughts as well. It's a pretty big reveal to give away in your teaser trailer that your hero ship is destroyed for good. There's more to it than that.

Qonundrum likes this.
  15. ralph

I could be wrong, of course. The tease trailer creates a feeling of shock with the Enterprise's destruction, a feeling of everything will be different (no ship, no crew), but this trailer sounds somewhat strange.

Qonundrum likes this.
  16. Shalashaska

Shalashaska Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Never actually thought of this, but yeah, something like that would be very possible.

It's a J. J. Abrams produced film, not too out there to think they may be misdirecting us.

TheSubCommander likes this.
  17. ralph

Either they make a movie without Enterprise or "let's forget it all and start again".

18. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Presumably they rename the commandeered U.S.S. Franklin. Get assigned to it as punishment for losing the Enterprise.

19. MarsWeeps

MarsWeeps Fleet Captain Premium Member

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2016
  20. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

A refined Constitution class like her, but with a slightly different hull tone and minor structural changes. Sort of like Enterprise and Columbia, very subtle but enough to make them stand out.