POLL: Best Movie from the Disney Renaissance?

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Dream, Oct 27, 2010.

?

Vote for BEST

1. The Little Mermaid

10.7%
  2. The Rescuers Down Under

1.8%
  3. Beauty and the Beast

30.4%
  4. Aladdin

17.9%
  5. The Lion King

26.8%
  6. Pocahontas

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. The Hunchback of Notre Dame

7.1%
  8. Hercules

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Mulan

3.6%
  10. Tarzan

1.8%
  1. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hmm, I was sure The Lion King would win. Since Lilo & Stitch isn't on the list, I voted for Beauty and the Beast. Aladdin is the funniest. Mulan should be more known than it is. The Hunchback of Notre Dame is...interesting. It doesn't really feel like a Disney film.

2. alanmoore

alanmoore Cadet

Its really a very typical question for me because i think all are the best but mostly i think The Lion King is a good one from all. What about you?

3. Happy Xmas (War Is Over)

Happy Xmas (War Is Over) Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Weird, I've always thought of the Rescuers Down Under as having more in common with the pre-Renaissance films.

4. Sakrysta

Sakrysta Vice Admiral Admiral

Thanks to this thread, I bumped Lilo & Stitch to the top of my Neflix queue, and have just watched it. What a great movie! Now I have to go buy it!

5. Too Much Fun

Too Much Fun Commodore Commodore

I stopped watching them after "The Lion King". Even though I was only 13 in 1996, I felt liked I'd grown out of animated Disney movies by then, so I haven't seen any of the others in the poll from 1996 on. My personal favourite is "Aladdin", but I think "Beauty and the Beast" is probably the best in terms of objective quality. It was beautifully crafted and worthy of a best picture nomination. I just don't think the story grabbed me.

I think all of the ones I've seen have the same basic problem, which is that the supporting characters are all more interesting than the leads. I remember liking the Genie, Timon & Pumba, and Sebastian much more than the main characters in their respective films. I watched "Beauty and the Beast" and just thought it was too girly. Can't really hold that against it, I guess. There's also the general fact that I think love stories work better in live action.