pilot season - and so it begins...

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Temis the Vorta, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

It looks like FlashForward will end with its final episode this season, so it'll only have closure if its producers saw the writing on the wall or got a heads up from ABC and wrote a fitting finale.

More pilot news: NBC has picked up The Cape and the comedy Friends With Benefits. Also, Kindreds and Garza have been re-titled. They're now going to be called Harry's Law and Outlaw respectively.

Update: ABC has picked up Body of Proof, a crime procedural starring Dana Delaney, and Off the Map, another medical show produced by Shonda Rhimes.

Last edited: May 14, 2010
  2. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Here's a handy list of all the new shows, bubble shows and cancellations in one place. Still waiting for the CW to announce their shows...I'm rooting for Ben Browder! :bolian:

And CBS is still mum, but they have hardly anything in the race worth bothering about.

I'd like Chaos to make the grade. The still-untitled medical drama also sounds worth checking out.

3. Temis the Vorta

4. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

That's if any CBS news leaks or is announced early on Monday. CBS's upfront presentation is on Wednesday.

5. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes it's gonig to end being that it was canceled. :lol:

No there will not be any wrap up at all.

6. Temis the Vorta

The Event will take Heroes timeslot. Here's hoping it will turn out better, but the premise will be tricky - the big, amorphous conspiracy story does have a tendency to fizzle. If they can pull it off with the aplomb of Lost, great. But if it's a stupid conspiracy plotline like Jericho and Prison Break, forget it.

Chase
    seems even more likely to fizzle - Yet Another Cop Show. NBC already had to cancel Mercy and Trauma. I guess it hasn't learned its lesson about launching a generic show in an overexposed genre.
    Uh-oh. Let's hope we actually see it someday and it doesn't end up like Day One. ;)

7. Temis the Vorta

8. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

From Deadline Hollywood:

9. bigdaddy

Ciminal Minds 2 was picked up... network TV is dead.

10. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

The CW has picked up Nikita and Hellcats.

AMC has ordered a pilot for a western called Hell on Wheels about the construction of the transcontinental railroad in the 1860s.

CBS has renewed Medium and Rules of Engagement and cancelled Cold Case, Ghost Whisperer, Numb3rs, The New Adventures of Old Christine, Gary Unmarried, Miami Medical, and Accidentally on Purpose.

11. bigdaddy

CW also kept One Tree Hill and Life Unexpected.

ABC last year was talking about taking Christine if CBS canceled it, wonder if they would do the same this year.

12. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

There's also a chance ABC could pick up Ghost Whisperer (which they co-produce with CBS).

Changelings (aka Betwixt) is dead at The CW. The number of SFF pilots in the mix this year at the broadcast networks was down quite dramatically compared to recent seasons, but Changelings has turned out to be the only one that didn't get picked up.

13. Temis the Vorta

Aw, I would have given Betwitx a shot. But it's great that Ben Browder will be back on the tube! Even if the show is likely to be horrible:

So poverty is forcing her into (shudder) cheerleading? :rommie: Oh the humanity!

Yeah, there were a ton of cop show pilots but they must have all been competing for X number of cop show slots because a lot of them thankfully have fallen by the wayside (even, shockingly, the much-hyped Rockford Files remake). Pretty decent slate of sf/f genre shows this season, especially counting cable.

Actual historical fiction?!? Hurray for AMC, once again!

14. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

TNT has picked up the Steven Spielberg alien invasion series they were developing. It now has a title - Fallen Skies - and it'll air next year.

15. Temis the Vorta

CBS didn't pick up either series I was interested in. Phooey on them. They are the most vanilla of all the vanilla networks. :rommie:

16. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Word is that CBS might still order a couple more shows for midseason and announce them tomorrow or next week.

17. Temis the Vorta

Oh cool, there's still hope! :D

18. jefferiestubes8

jefferiestubes8 Commodore Commodore

Syfy's action-adventure pilot "Alphas."

Uh oh, sounds like a wannabe No Ordinary Family(ABC) clip show for SyFy...

May 24, 2010
    http://www.thewrap.com/ind-column/syfy-picks-lost-director-bender-alphas-pilot-17694

19. Temis the Vorta

Sounds more like another attempt at Heroes. Maybe they should just hire the Heroes actors - some of them were the best thing about the show. Round out the cast with Lost actors and we're golden! And pick up a few more of the top genre actors who don't currently have gigs, like Ben Browder, Lee Pace and Sprague Grayden.

Or they could get cast in yet another skiffy superhero project: Three Inches.

ABC isn't done picking up pilots. More planned for springtime.

Here's a good sounding one:

...aaand, not so good:

20. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

ehh...nothing about those two shows sounds terribly interesting to me.

Rob