PICTURE POST II!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Mary Ann, Aug 10, 2012.

1. TorontoTrekker

TorontoTrekker Vice Admiral Admiral

Hi everyone! *waves* It's been a couple of months since I was last able to visit... getting home from work after 9 every night really puts a damper on my Internet time.

I did something semi-spontaneous a few months ago - which is odd for me - and decided to visit NYC over New Year's to see Erasure in concert. I'd seen them in Toronto a few months previously, but I decided I wanted to see them again. This time I was a lot closer than last time:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also took in a few Broadway shows. Here are some stage door pictures I managed to get:

The set of "If/Then":

[​IMG]

From the cast of "If/Then", Idina Menzel:
    [​IMG]

LaChanze:
    [​IMG]

From "It's Only a Play", Micah Stock:
    [​IMG]

Bob Stillman:
    [​IMG]

(That's the poster for the show behind him... the names you can't see, above Rupert Grint's, are F. Murray Abraham, Matthew Broderick, and Stockard Channing. Quite the cast. Unfortunately, Nathan Lane sat out the performance I saw... Bob Stillman was filling in for him. Also unfortunately, Bob and Micah were the only two cast members who came out after the show. Sigh.)

The external set for "You Can't Take It With You" (the action takes place inside the house - the set was built on a turntable):

[​IMG]

From the cast of "You Can't Take It With You" (older BBS members may remember him from the 80s sitcom "Perfect Strangers"), Mark Linn-Baker:
    [​IMG]

and James Earl Jones:
    [​IMG]

The obligatory selfie in Times Square (it's a little awkward - I had a cup of tea in my other hand I was trying not to spill):
    [​IMG]

2. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

3. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Cousin Larry and Darth Vader in the same post? You, sir, just won all the Internets.

4. Brie

Brie Commander Red Shirt

Here's a picture of me and my two friends on our ship the Reagan CVN 76! (I'm the one in the middle). We were on our way to Hawaii for RIMPAC this past year. This was when we were transiting in between the islands so we all got to go out and watch from the flight deck.

[​IMG]

And here we are about to go hit up down town Oahu in Hawaii (I'm on the left). We stayed at an amazing hostel (where this picture was taken) We had the coolest people staying with us and behind us was a room of guys from the Australian Navy so it was cool that so many of us were in Hawaii for the same reason.

[​IMG]

And here I am learning to paddle-board. It was so easy once I got the hang of it. We paddled from the shore out about a mile and could see all the way to the bottom of the ocean. It was beautiful, and I would love to go back!

[​IMG]

5. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

Thank you for your service.

What do you do?

6. Brie

Brie Commander Red Shirt

I work with pilots. I can't specify too much but it's a pretty cool job. I've done 3 years I still have 3 more to go.

7. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

Considering you work on a carrier that could mean you do anything from working in the mess to commanding the air wing. ;)

Now that I think about it, I think my cousin served on the Reagan.

8. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sweet! I've always wanted to visit a carrier to see some of my handiwork in action. (Designed some of the parts on the Super Hornet's flaps & ailerons.) Not very likely for a civilian I know, but I can dream!

9. cooleddie74

Thanks for your service to the country, Brie. Great pictures, by the way! I hope you post some more, especially any from the line of duty.

10. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Premium Member

I painted another thingy!

Once again, I did it just with the random paint that was already lying around the house. It's a little bit brighter in person, but I couldn't get a picture of it in good lighting without there being a big glare.

It's not quite what I had imagined in my head, but considering my complete lack of painting experience and the fact that it's done entirely with latex wall paint and a single large brush, I'm not too upset about it.

[​IMG]

11. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

RoJo I like that a lot. The mountains look very stoney (texture wise) and it's a great contrast with the arcing evening light. And I'm a huge fan of found art, have made one thing myself in that category (rubbish around a house I had just moved into).

12. Pondwater

Pondwater Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I like it! :techman:

13. RoJoHen

I've enjoyed the last two things I've done. I may have just found myself a new hobby!

Incidentally, the mountains were originally supposed to be trees (think Vancouver in an X-Files episode), but it just wasn't working out the way I wanted, so they became mountains. :p

14. cooleddie74

That looks cool, RoJo! Very atmospheric choice of subject matter and I like the use of those colors to contrast the dark of night.

15. Finn

Finn Vice Admiral Admiral

Why Orion?

16. RoJoHen

No particular reason. It's the constellation I am most used to seeing in the sky, and I think the Dippers are boring. :p

17. Gil T.Azell

Gil T.Azell Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This one was shared on our local Face book page
    "You Know You're From Victoria, BC When..."
    Good morning Victoria
    From the Malahat (the Malahat is about 15 miles North of the City)
    [​IMG]

I sometimes forget what a picturesque part of the world I/we live in.- Bill.

18. Brie

Brie Commander Red Shirt

It's computer related I'm no CS lol

19. Brie

Brie Commander Red Shirt

It's very easy to visit actually! VA beach and San Diego both have a bunch of carriers you can scheduled to tour the ship!

20. Brie

Brie Commander Red Shirt

Thank you :) and I will! I'll go find some more from RIMPAC this year