PICTURE POST II!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Mary Ann, Aug 10, 2012.

1. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    My elementary school field trip to Jamestown back in fourth or fifth grade was one of the highlights of my first six years in public school. Getting to visit and stand on the site of the first permanent English settlement in the Western Hemisphere was thrilling even for a nine- or ten-year-old kid, especially a history nerd like myself!

2. auntiehill

auntiehill Fleet Admiral Admiral

So cute! :bolian:

3. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks There's a- a peck here with an acorn pointed at me Premium Member

That face! Totally adorable.

4. Crusher Disciple

Crusher Disciple Admiral Admiral

I want to go someday. Both members of my thesis committee went to William and Mary, and she did some work at CW.

Awwwww! Cute baby pics!!!! The best part of Halloween. :D

5. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

[​IMG]

"Ship... out of danger?"
    #startrekintodarkness

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  6. Tom Hendricks

Well I'm in Dallas and have the night off, the Mavs are in town and playing the Celtics. So this is where I'm at,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ETA: Mavs won but only after being up by 30 and then the Celtics still had a play to tie it with a minute left.

7. Flux Capacitor

Flux Capacitor Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

We got another peek at our little shrimp this morning, and at 19 weeks he/she is doing well and still motoring around in there quite a bit. We find out the gender next Monday!

[​IMG]

8. cooleddie74

^
    Congratulations, man! That's always a blessing in somebody's life. The best to you and your lady. :)

9. Crusher Disciple

Awwwwwww!!! Got any names picked out yet?

10. Flux Capacitor

Thanks! No names picked out for sure as we want to wait until we know the gender to really start figuring one out. Next Monday can't come soon enough!

Edit: I put together a GIF of the highlight of our 19 week ultrasound. Little Baby Flux is quite active!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  11. KimMH

KimMH Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Congratulations!

12. Tom Hendricks

Our High School Observatory had its annual open house, we went last year and had a great time. So we went again this year and the sky was crystal clear. The moon was in full display, Ian was super excited. He proclaimed himself King of the Moon. Did a little stargazing as well, unfortunately, Saturn was below the horizon and that is Ian's favorite planet.
    [​IMG]

13. cooleddie74

I always wanted a telescope that big and advanced when I was a kid.

14. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Congratulations, Flux! I'm sure you will both make amazing parents. Children are wonderful creatures and they bring out the best in us. I know we've had our differences over the years, but I'm genuinely happy for you and wish you all the best. Congratulations! :)

15. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

That gif is really cool, it's amazing to watch! Congrats again Flux!

16. Flux Capacitor

Thanks man, I really do appreciate it. if there is one thing I have learned already with our little "development" up there it is that a lot of things in life that might have seemed like a big deal once just simply do not matter. So thank you, I appreciate the sentiment.

I know, right?! I've watched it countless times at this point and am still in disbelief that we actually created a person. That clip just shows everything so well, even the little heartbeat that I am still amazed is visible. We go in on Monday for the really detailed ultrasound and will find out the gender, so I should have lots more to share after that!

17. Crusher Disciple

This is one of my favorite pictures of myself, due only to the fact that it's the first really decent picture I've ever taken of anything, period. It took it in color and then used the B&W filter on Instagram.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
  18. cooleddie74

Probably my all-time favorite picture of you, and that's saying something because you're a lot more photogenic as well as talented with cameras than you often give yourself credit for.

Gorgeous and classy.

19. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Savage Mod Moderator

I wish I could see all the latest pictures but the filters here at work won't allow some of them to display. :(

Anyway, it was a nice walk into work this morning.

[​IMG]

20. Mary Ann

Mary Ann Knitting is logical Premium Member

Lovely shot. I think there are few things more beautiful than the outline of bare trees against the sky.