Ongoing Community Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Admiral_Young, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

The images looked the same to me as well.

As for Yvette on "The Talking Dead" I've seen her a couple of times on the show and yeah she's a passionate fan of the show who knows her stuff. I remember when CM Punk was on with her the two were having an amusing exchange about an incident and characters and Yvette was really into it.

2. AgentCoop

AgentCoop Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Now I'm just going to be obsessed with figuring out what the heck Keith David is wearing on his head.

3. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Somewhere Out there beneath the pale moonlight.
    Yahoo has a great article here talking about the 100th episode celebration of the show (well not 100th for Dan Harmon or Chris McKenna, but we'll cut them some slack ;))

The article has a few interesting tidbits, chief among them is that they're doing a lot more location filming this year, going back to the Campus they used for all the location stuff they did in Season 1. The other interesting thing from that article (which Dan has mentioned time and again) is that the show is not going to be drastically different just because it's no longer on Network television, the only thing is they won't have to make drastic cuts to get anything under 21 minutes.

4. Admiral_Young

I'm excited about everything I read in that article, especially about the part about filming and how the show will look.

5. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

There's a fan theory going around that since Season 6 is premiering on Groundhogs Day that the first episode will be a take-off of that film. It would be interesting if they did something like that, but since Harmon probably didn't know when the show would premiere back when they started writing, I kind of doubt they planned for a Groundhog Day episode like that.

6. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't see how a Groundhog Day episode would fit in with Community. Other than the alternate timelines episodes it's always tried to be exaggerated realism with some tongue in cheek exceptions.

I suppose Abed could be convinced it was the same day over and over.

7. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

What if the study group ran into a guy who believed he was reliving every day over and over again? And like Jeff punches him and goes "Bet you didn't see that coming." OK, maybe not the punching part, kind of out of character for Jeff, but I could see a situation like that play out and still work in the exaggerated realism of the Community world.

8. JirinPanthosa

Only if it were Abed. :)

9. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I just found this story where after Community got cancelled, Joel McHale asked Sony for a big screen tv, here's the e-mail:

Incidentally, this was found in one of the Sony hacks and Gillian tweeted it. Funny stuff.

10. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

So... McHale took advantage of a discount available to employees of the company he'd worked for the previous five years and would be leaving through no choice of his own.

And?

Maybe I'm sensitive here because of the massive amount of people affected by this hack at Sony -- some of whom I know. I just don't see what the big deal is with an actor asking for help getting a discount through his job, the same as anyone else would.

11. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I don't think anyone's making a big deal out of it. I was just posting it because I found it humorous. Especially the way he worded the e-mail.

12. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Imagine that! A comedian! Writing a funny email! Hi-larious!

13. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Well I thought it was :shrug:

14. CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't see what was wrong with Aldo's post to deserve that kind of reaction?

15. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

Yeah. The humor comes from a perceived Hollywood rich-person TV star asking for a discount on a TV. The fact he wrote it is funny, not the content of it.

16. Admiral_Young

I thought it was funny as well. Gillian tweeted the original article.

17. AgentCoop

AgentCoop Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I see the humor as well. Especially Joel's opening line "You may remember me..." I found that downright Winger-esque.

18. JirinPanthosa

That part is a clear Simpsons reference. :)

19. JirinPanthosa

By the way, reflecting back on that episode of season 4 where Pierce went to the Inspector Spacetime focus group.

Do you think the producers realized that the Inspector Spacetime focus group was actually them, and they put that in to acknowledge what they themselves were doing to Community as a sort of apology to the angry fans, or do you think they were oblivious to that irony?

20. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I don't have an answer to that, all I know is that the new showrunners showed up to comicon and they had this look as if they didn't know what they were getting themselves into.

Have they ever come out recently to talk about Season 4 and how it's pretty much been looked upon as the "horrible" season?