On the eve of the finale I am finally read to admit that...

Discussion in 'Battlestar Galactica & Caprica' started by sidious618, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell Comfortably Numb Premium Member

There's always one who spoils the batch, apparently.

2. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

Probably a Sex in the City fan.

3. The Evil Dead

The Evil Dead Vice Admiral Admiral

I have had my ups and downs with BSG the last 2 seasons but I really will miss it, I have a feeling it will be a long time before there's another space opera this good. BSG has set a new high standard for the genre.

4. What's his face

What's his face Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm going to miss BSG too. Tonight's going to be bittersweet - we'll get our answers finally but there will be no more BSG (except The Plan and Caprica)

The finale was covered on CNN. Interesting.

5. tomalak301

tomalak301 Admiral Premium Member

What did CNN say.

I kind of wish this show wasn't covered on so many networks or going to the UN, or being treated like the MASH of this generation. It makes it seem really overrated, but that is just my opinion.

6. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell Comfortably Numb Premium Member

Anyone who tunes in tonight for the first time, or who hadn't seen the show in a while, is going to be so confused. :lol:

7. ManOnTheWave

ManOnTheWave Vice Admiral Admiral

It's not my favorite show ever, but it did play to it's strengths most of the time, and it is an arc show that gets to an ending. I won't miss it. I'll just rewatch it.

8. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

9. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

BSG would be in my top 20 for sure, probably my top 10 if I figured it all out. But my favorite show of all time is now Lost, with Dexter and DS9 not far behind.

The writing may have been poorly planned, incoherent and self-indulgent at times, but the acting was top-notch, the show gave us some of the best sf/f characters of all time (Adama, Roslin, Starbuck), and it had ambition, creativity and intelligence, which is nothing to sneeze at when you look at the drivel crowding the TV schedule.

BSG will leave a big glaring hole marked INTELLIGENT SPACE OPERA when it's gone. There's nothing on the horizon that is capable of filling its shoes. :(

10. The Stig

The Stig Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

When BSG is firing on all cylinders, it's an unstoppable emotional force. No television show has so effectively shattered my emotional well-being like Galactica. I suspect I'll be a sobby, mucousy mess tonight.

11. Rygel XIX

Rygel XIX Captain Captain

SO SAY WE ALL!

Definately right now in my top 15 shows of all time - this can jump right into the top 5 if the finale lives up to the hype that it's been getting this week.

12. Shaka

Shaka Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Definitely one of my all time favorite show, right at the top with The Shield, Six Feet Under, The Sopranos and DS9.

SO SAY WE ALL !

13. Zeta

Zeta Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I will very much miss BSG on Friday nights! Now all I have left for destination television is Lost. :(

SO SAY WE ALL!

14. CaptJimboJones

CaptJimboJones Vice Admiral Newbie

One of my favorites of all time, along with The Shield, The Wire, The Sopranos and a few other hard-hitting dramas. It's transcended the genre in a way that no science fiction television show ever has, IMO. No, it wasn't perfect, but no television show ever is.

I'll have a lump in my throat, for sure, when it wraps up tonight.

15. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Which is exactly why I don't think it could ever be considered THE best show ever.

16. joyofvgr

joyofvgr Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Tonight I will decided whether I consider this The best show ever or not. There's been so much build up that I'm afraid to be disappointed. But if the finale is done right that will seal the deal as far as I'm concerned.

17. jim hadar

jim hadar Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think it's safe to say we will all miss the show. I know I will. The Vorta is right, many characters were top notch and I'll miss spending an hour a week with them.

SO SAY WE ALL!

18. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    Yup, I love it. Also, (since I am the only Scifi geek I know in real life) this is the first scifi show I've been able to get my brother and our friends to watch. So, it's been fun sharing a show I love with others for the first time. That has been a blast.

I'm just glad the writing wasn't poorly planned, incoherant or self-indulgant... it was brilliant. :D

19. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

An hour a week? With the way Sci-fi did things it was about 4 hours a year. :lol:

20. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Admiral Admiral

Just popping in to say

So Say We All!